1.    #1  
    I just did a hard reset and now activesync can not find my phone. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thank you in advance.
    on your pc and activesync delete mobile devices. this will allow you to create a new partnership. you can't keep an old partnership and make it work with the new device, even if it's the same devoce it's a new partnership.
    yes Cody ...that does work for awhile...but as of yesterday my unit is an absolute brick when I plug it in to its cradle...the little ActiveSync box does not even pop up to recognize the unit is there. Never done that before. I have the Treo God at Sprint helping me...but this is my second unit and I will return my wx permanently by Friday if my new god can not get me fixed. This is an "unresolved" issue according to a Palm tech that I talked to about 10 days ago...and I am sick and tired of wasting hours upon hours trying to sync....will return and either go back to the dark ages with my old i500 (at least it syncs consistently) or find something else. I have had it.
    have you tried the new 4.5 beta version? maybe it's not the treo but activesync. just a thought.

cody
  5.    #5  
    I don't think it was a problem with the mobile device not being deleted. Activesync just couldn't find the device. After awhile I just hard reset the device again and tried to sync it on another computer and everything worked fine. Hard resetting also fixed another problem I was having. I had to hard reset twice though.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornem View Post
    yes Cody ...that does work for awhile...but as of yesterday my unit is an absolute brick when I plug it in to its cradle...the little ActiveSync box does not even pop up to recognize the unit is there. Never done that before. I have the Treo God at Sprint helping me...but this is my second unit and I will return my wx permanently by Friday if my new god can not get me fixed. This is an "unresolved" issue according to a Palm tech that I talked to about 10 days ago...and I am sick and tired of wasting hours upon hours trying to sync....will return and either go back to the dark ages with my old i500 (at least it syncs consistently) or find something else. I have had it.
    I had where my Treo wasn't recognized when I put it in the cradle and I ended up finding where my cable had pulled out of the cradle enough to break the connection. You might want to check that just in case.

Greg
    You might have to do the usb switch in your programs menu. Sounds like a conflict on your PC
    Whoa!! I have never had to do a hard reset....and hope I never do. My syncing fix today was to do a soft reset (started syncing immediately after that), then my "Treo God" at Sprint had me download "The Magic Button" which is a program that really does completely turn off a program when you exit it. He said this cleaner profile would help ensure more consistent syncing. (???) We will see.....Have never done the USB switching...but will try it next time I fail to sync.