1.    #1  
    FYI, the new coreplayer software (TCPMP replacement) was released this morning. I want MP4 playback like Kinoma has on Palm OS so like a fool I bought it.

Works OK for MP3s (but so does WMP). On a 3G2 video it scrambles the screen like a video broadcast signal with waves and interference. Only way to recover was to delete the coreplayer config then you have to re-enter your very very long serial number.

Next tried an MP4. Complete freeze of the Treo. Tried three short videos (all of which work fine on a 700p), same thing. Sent email to their support, not expecting much anytime soon.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  2. tcs
    Well, treo 750v is listed as supported device:

http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=8905

Have you reported to them?
    No video...no AVRCP....no settings menu....

I don't think this was ready for primetime.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  4. tcs
    Huh? no AVRCP? what about the old TCPMP? if we can have media player classic+klite codec on pda phone, that would be great
  5.    #5  
    Yes I spent $25 and all it does is crash and burn. Yes, I reported it to them. They also send a link to register on their site for support. I followed all their stuff and their ***** website just sticks in a loop asking you to change your password. No errors, nothing saying it has to be of some format. I reported this to them this afternoon also. They sent an email it was fixed. I just tried it again and it's still broken, I can't login it just asks me to change the password over and over.

Feels like an amatuer attempt by high school kids. I've almost never been so disappointed (the PocketMac software was worse and those people never ever responded to my bug reports to them).

Quote Originally Posted by tcs View Post
    Well, treo 750v is listed as supported device:

http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=8905

Have you reported to them?
    I get this as well just crashes whereas TCPMP would play it just fine.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  7.    #7  
    I heard back from them:

1.) On their website, it is working OK, just poorly designed. Their support page has an option to allow you to change your password, but it's not required. The bad design part is when you change the password nothing tells you if it worked or not so it seems like it didn't work.
    2.) For the crashing you have to turn off the ATI hardware acceleration. You do in the video setting by selecting raw frame buffer. Not as good but at least it doesn't crash. I get the feeling that a fix for this isn't going to happen immediately.
    which version of tcpmp player works with the 750v? I installed but when I play video, the screen turns green.
  9.    #9  
    I get that on coreplayer also unless I select raw frame buffer option under video settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I heard back from them:

1.) On their website, it is working OK, just poorly designed. Their support page has an option to allow you to change your password, but it's not required. The bad design part is when you change the password nothing tells you if it worked or not so it seems like it didn't work.
    2.) For the crashing you have to turn off the ATI hardware acceleration. You do in the video setting by selecting raw frame buffer. Not as good but at least it doesn't crash. I get the feeling that a fix for this isn't going to happen immediately.
    Its a cheap fix IMHO but a fixer never the less. I really cant see how the app has going to backwards so fast, its going to take time for it to get back to its sport on the top.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  11.    #11  
    I've lost all faith in this product. Everytime I look at their forums, it's always "oh, that's fixed in the next release!" type of B.S. I've gone back to using WMP. At least it works without crashing the Treo.
    Last edited by bcaslis; 11/05/2006 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I've lot all faith in this product. Everytime I look at their forums, it's always "oh, that's fixed in the next release!" type of B.S. I've gone back to using WMP. At least it works without crashing the Treo.
    Have you tried Conduits PocketPlayer 3.01? I really haven't used it for video on my KJAM, but it has progressed to be a great music player on the WM platform.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)