1.    #1  
    for all you Multimedia guys, the coreplayer is here
    *sigh* need to spend more money. Thanks for the heads up.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, can someone detail what this will give us that TCPMP doesn't already do? Thanks so much in advance!
    I'd maybe hold off a couple more days. The "starting" price is supposed to be $19.95 not $24.95 and they said when they get their ecommerce site up this week, that's what it will be initially offered at.

of course it's just $5 but JIK.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    Folks, can someone detail what this will give us that TCPMP doesn't already do? Thanks so much in advance!
    Yeah, it looks like this is a commercial TCPMP with skins and support for a couple of extra unpopular formats... And for 25 bucks? I' ll wait to see what people around the forums have to say about this.... There's not even a trial period for this?
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Check the front page of aximsite.com for a link to a thread containing a $5 coupon code. I was ready to buy yesterday but after the SNAFU of distribution, and all of the disappointed users, I'm going to wait a while...

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I thought their was a trial period for it??? Untill I can try it, am not paying for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    I thought their was a trial period for it??? Untill I can try it, am not paying for it.
    A trial version is coming probably 1st week of december which is also when they'll release their free "BetaPlayer", which is the new TCMP.

Version 1.1 of Coreplayer will probably be released this week. Here is their plan:

- CorePlayer 1.0
    We will be initially releasing it on CE, Windows Mobile, Smartphone, Palm and Symbian
    - Universal Skins... allows users to create an entire UI for all aour supported platforms within a single skin file. Whats cool about U.S. is that you can skin ANYTHING within our player... that means media library, options menu, playlist, player, eq, etc... if you can imagine it... you can do it.
    - Best in Class Codecs: CoreAVC (H.264), CoreAAC v2.0, CoreASP, CoreMP3, CoreWMA, CoreWMV, CoreDVD,,, hey... we even support midi ;-)
    - Advanced streaming suite for (UDP, HTTP, MMS, RTP, RTSP). Noting that 1.0 only has HTTP and UDP till 1.2.
    Future desktop codecs coming are CoreVC1 and CoreAC3 and Microsoft Janus.

CorePlayer 1.1 will feature
    - Initial bug fix release

CorePlayer 1.2 will feature
    - Our CoreTheque database and Media Library
    - Windows XP / Vista
    - CoreCaster 'Ready'

CorePlayer 1.4 - 1.5 willl feature
    - Seek and Share Social Network Sharing
    - CoreSync / CoreTunes integration
    - Linux Ports and OS X ports'

Stuff in CorePlayer: Media Library, Faster decoders including H.264, Skins and in a few weeks the big deal is 'Seek and Share' which is our Social Network sharing technology. It allows other Core Account users to look for, and share their content on a LAN/WAN.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Thanks Mal! I thought I read something about it having a trial period, just didn't realize that it won't be untill December.
    But TCPMP already has a fast H.264 decoder. It's the AVC decoder.
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Can someone please post the H.264 decoder Coreavc plug-in for TCPMP? Ive been searching the net all day & cant find even one operable link.Thanks.
    How about bookmarking audio files for those audiobook fans of us out here. I'd love to switch to just one reliable media player from the three I now use
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    By the way,I just wanted to say that I really appreciate this forum & after viewing it when I 1st purchased my Treo 700w back in January,I actually decided to keep it. Even with the RAM issues. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    By the way,I just wanted to say that I really appreciate this forum & after viewing it when I 1st purchased my Treo 700w back in January,I actually decided to keep it. Even with the RAM issues. Thanks.
    have you tried the plugin section on the left side of
    http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/download

you should do the reg hack to at least reduce the RAM issue.
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    no,its not there either.ive looked everywhere,but unfortunately cant find the coreavc plugin.from what ive read,it was released for a short time in beta version then was pulled. its the same coreavc h.264 plugin thats included in the new coreplayer.im sure someone must've downloaded it back in december january or february
    .i just need the link or please post it. thanks again.
    I assume this won't play Real Media files?
    Any Idea what I can do to have the player play audio on videos im taking with internal video cam right now says not supported Im trying also to record video on tcpmp instead of windows media player