Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I need opinions on readabilty of info and web pages from those who wear glasses or contacts, please. I need that first and foremost, photos I don't care about as much.
    read the post above yours. Its not like the font all of a sudden shrinks.
  2. #22  
    What about clarity? And ease of reading the screen?

    Maybe you can see 20/20 and don't get eye strain. But I am getting to where I think I'm going to need to see an eye doctor for an updated prescription.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #23  
    you'll be able to read it just fine, there are settings for font sizes built into WM5, you'll be fine
    Jimmie Geddes
  4. #24  
    I have needed to bold the fonts on Smartphone only so far. I have some trouble reading thin fonts on small screens.

    I'm going to test something on my other device. Back in one minute.

    Ok, I was only able to enlarge the font, not thicken it. I guess it's OK, but I'd still prefer a bolder font much of the time.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. tuyulaneh's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #25  
    How about the maximum brightness? I heard from some revies that the 750v's screen is really2 bright on maximum brightness!! However someone just said that the 750v screen is darker? Is that on maximum brightness. It would be much appreciated if someone can test both devices at maximum brightness and test their quality again. This would help me decide between 680 and 750v

    ps. im using the execs VGA screen and although high resolution, the brightness is really low.
  6. #26  
    i don't understand what you are having difficulty with. A 240x240 screen is the same res as 240x320, they just lop the bottom 80 pixels off. But, since its a 2.5" screen, things will be clearer than on a 3" screen.
  7. tuyulaneh's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #27  
    gadgetluva, howbout the maximum brightness comparison?? Which is brighter at maximum brightness? Thank you
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuyulaneh View Post
    gadgetluva, howbout the maximum brightness comparison?? Which is brighter at maximum brightness? Thank you
    That depends on which LCD was used (ODMs usually use a variety of different vendors for the screens.
  9. tuyulaneh's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #29  
    just in your caes. If compared between you 700p (650) to your treo windows mobile. Both at maximum brightness. Any noticable difference?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    i don't understand what you are having difficulty with. A 240x240 screen is the same res as 240x320, they just lop the bottom 80 pixels off. But, since its a 2.5" screen, things will be clearer than on a 3" screen.
    No, things will be harder to read for me. I told you I have trouble reading thin fonts on small screens. On a bigger screen, for some reason I can take them in a bit better.

    It's hard to explain to those who have perfect vision, I guess. But I get eye strain from thin fonts on small screens. The font should be bold for me. The reason I didn't have a problem on Palm OS is because the fonts are bold and I guess because the resolution is higher. If I have to look at thin fonts on a 240x240 screen, I need to make sure I won't get eye strain. Making the fonts bigger may work. I'm going to have to actually use the device to find out, I guess.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    No, things will be harder to read for me. I told you I have trouble reading thin fonts on small screens. On a bigger screen, for some reason I can take them in a bit better.

    It's hard to explain to those who have perfect vision, I guess. But I get eye strain from thin fonts on small screens. The font should be bold for me. The reason I didn't have a problem on Palm OS is because the fonts are bold and I guess because the resolution is higher. If I have to look at thin fonts on a 240x240 screen, I need to make sure I won't get eye strain. Making the fonts bigger may work. I'm going to have to actually use the device to find out, I guess.
    I have to wear contacts/glasses or else I can't drive. I also have astigmatysm or whatever that's called.
  12. #32  
    If the 680 screen is the same as the 700p, then the 680 would be brighter. The 750 isn't as bright as the 700p, but a little brighter than the 700w and 700wx. Since I haven't seen the 680 in person I can't say. But the 750 isn't bad, it's just not as bright as the 700p.

    Quote Originally Posted by tuyulaneh View Post
    How about the maximum brightness? I heard from some revies that the 750v's screen is really2 bright on maximum brightness!! However someone just said that the 750v screen is darker? Is that on maximum brightness. It would be much appreciated if someone can test both devices at maximum brightness and test their quality again. This would help me decide between 680 and 750v

    ps. im using the execs VGA screen and although high resolution, the brightness is really low.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  13. #33  
    i had the 750 and I did not like the drop in screen resolution at all. it really bugged me.
  14. #34  
    Just a nit point, but on the same size screen, resolution should be calculated by how many pixels can be displayed. So a 320x320 resolution can display 102,400 pixels vs. a 240x240 can only display 57,600 or 44% less. How the OS chooses to take advantage of this is the real issue.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    i had the 750 and I did not like the drop in screen resolution at all. it really bugged me.
    In the US?? Got it and returned it already?
    When you say "drop in resolution," do you mean relative to the 700p?
  16. #36  
    I got a bit bored today so I whipped this up. Phone Diva, this is for you

    Standard 320x240 | Treo 240x240:
    |


    |

    As you can see, you do lose some screen real estate but its not too bad. I can still see most of Friday when I "paint" vertical tabs in PB
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I got a bit bored today so I whipped this up. Phone Diva, this is for you

    Standard 320x240 | Treo 240x240:
    |


    |

    As you can see, you do lose some screen real estate but its not too bad. I can still see most of Friday when I "paint" vertical tabs in PB

    Gadget,

    You can also save some real estate by hiding PB's menu bar. PB has great d-pad support and movement between tabs can be done very easily.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I got a bit bored today so I whipped this up. Phone Diva, this is for you

    As you can see, you do lose some screen real estate but its not too bad. I can still see most of Friday when I "paint" vertical tabs in PB
    The scrunched screen is harder on my eyes. The 320 one is easier to read for some reason. I'm already looking into a new prescription. I don't know what that means, but it looks like I'm a victim of eye strain, which is what I was trying to say before.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #39  
    I think it might be your imagination. To me the 240 one looks exactly like the top 3/4 of th 320 one.
  20. #40  
    But then neither is 320 wide, which is what you probably what you want.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions