Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have searched and am not able to locate.....
    I remember reading somewhere about a reg hack where you can change the time time limit the keyboard backlight stays on. Now it seems to go dim in 5-10 secs, I would like to extend the time. If anyone has a link I would be greatful.
    Thanks.
    In the registry goto HKEY_Current_User, then go to Control Panel, then to Backlight, then at the bottom you'll see a key that says QKEYLED TIMEOUT

Change the D Word to whatever number of seconds you want.

Unfortunately I dont have a 750v to test this on, but this works for all other WM5 phones I have owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    In the registry goto HKEY_Current_User, then go to Control Panel, then to Backlight, then at the bottom you'll see a key that says QKEYLED TIMEOUT

Change the D Word to whatever number of seconds you want.

Unfortunately I dont have a 750v to test this on, but this works for all other WM5 phones I have owned.
    Do you think this would work in all WM5 phones? I'd like to try it out in my HTC Wizard. Also, is QKEYLED TIMEOUT supposed to be all caps??
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...5_Tweaks_Other

Change the keyboard backlight duration
    To change the duration of the keyboard backlight, you can set (example is 30 seconds):
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\QKeyLedTimeout = 30 (DWORD decimal)
    Please note that this may not work on some devices. One such notable exception is the HTC Wizard.
    Last edited by taylorh; 10/17/2006 at 09:39 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I don't seem to have the QkeyKedTimout key on my 700wx. I am using Resco Registry Editor and followed the directories you listed
    HKCU\controlpanel\backlight
    and don't see that key in there. Any ideas? Thanks
    Jimmie Geddes
    netpas5
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    You'll have to create it. Create a new DWORD with that name and value. I don't know if it'll actually work as it doesn't on my 8125(wizard)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)