Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone using pocket plus succesfully with the 750v. I installed it and suffered massive basttery drain and lock ups during phone calls, since i uninstalled it its been fine so far

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
    Anyone using pocket plus succesfully with the 750v. I installed it and suffered massive basttery drain and lock ups during phone calls, since i uninstalled it its been fine so far

Chris
    Chris,

Disable the battery status meter. Let me know.

You can always try iLauncher.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3.    #3  
    Is the battery status meter the battery along the top of the screen, if so that was disabled. I am having a similar usage day today without it installed and i am at 75% after 4 hrs out and about, yesterday i was way down by this time. Phone would just lose connection in the middle of a call and i would have to reset.

Chris
    Is the battery status meter the battery along the top of the screen, if so that was disabled. I am having a similar usage day today without it installed and i am at 75% after 4 hrs out and about, yesterday i was way down by this time. Phone would just lose connection in the middle of a call and i would have to reset.

Chris
    Instead of just disabling it, try uninstalling that particular functionality. In the Spb setting screen there should be a menu option to uninstall certain functions. The battery status bar is the only function that interfaces constantly with the OS. I can't imaging just a Today plugin for a program launcher causing problems.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5.    #5  
    Cheers Jerry i will give it a go and let you know
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for the info Pocket Plus. I removed it the other day and did a hard reset. Since then I have virtually eliminated ANY probs that I was having…
    Missed Calls (no notification)
    Volume Controls – showed battery status
    Wifi now VERY stable
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    Thank you very much for the info Pocket Plus. I removed it the other day and did a hard reset. Since then I have virtually eliminated ANY probs that I was having…
    Wifi now VERY stable
    That makes no sense. I have used Pocket Plus on ton of different devices. I now use it on my KJAM with AKU 2.3 with no problems. I can understand some stablity issue but the remarks about Wifi and missed calls just doesn't make sense.

You're problem was corrected by the hard reset. Was pocket plus the only application you installed when you were having problems?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I do not want to get into a pi$$ing contest here but...
    I have done 3 hard resets on this device. It only cleared the prob when I did NOT reinstall pocket plus. I do agree it is strange as I have use pp on my jam, kjam and tytn w/ out probs.
    Anyone try iLauncher? A flexible today launcher is a must have for any PPC device I use.

I do not want to get into a pi$$ing contest here but...
    Not at all. However, your TyTn and 750 should be the same AKU version. I can't image why PP would affect the items listed above and work on one device and not another. I know Palm has customized some parts of the OS, but not to the effect that it should cause apps to interfere with functionality. That's bad.
    Last edited by JGold; 10/18/2006 at 10:21 AM.
  10.    #10  
    I tried ilauncher version 3 and the close button feature didnt work on the 750v thats why i tried pocket plus and i experienced problems.
    I tried ilauncher version 3 and the close button feature didnt work on the 750v thats why i tried pocket plus and i experienced problems.

That's ok. There are tons of task manger applications out there. Did iLauncher interfere with any Treo functions like PP is reported to?

JBCross,

When you had PP on your device, did you have the safe mode activated?
    Last edited by JGold; 10/18/2006 at 11:23 AM.
  12.    #12  
    Dont think so i am going to install it again tonight as i bought a full version and i will let you know

Chris
    Wifi now VERY stable
    jbcross, i too am having this peculiar "hijacked volume button" problem. And I too had pocketplus installed. Not sure if it's pocketplus' doing cos I have other apps installed as well.

Now when I press the volume keys instead of the volume popup, I get the battery status popup.

Does anyone know how to get the original volume key behaviour back?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    You can get them back by uninstalling pocket plus and doing a soft reset, but then you lose the features.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Wifi now VERY stable
    I have done hard resets alreays, but thise problem ramains!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sun View Post
    You can get them back by uninstalling pocket plus and doing a soft reset, but then you lose the features.
    Doesn't work. Volume keys still pop up the battery status....
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is defintely caused by users who installed SPB PocketPlus,

Ok, temporarily, I found this solution

Just unrar it on your device and put it to \Windows\StartUp folder

They said they are working on the fixes
    hoatong, could you do me a favour and Unrar it and attach it to this thread? tnx.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    sure, it works fine for me now...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks man! Been waiting for this!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast