1.    #1  
    Anyone using the Treo 750 on Cingular? I am unable to send/receive text messages or MMS. Looks like right service center # is in the settings, but nothing happens. Messages send fine but are never received by the other party and vice-versa.
    Maybe the Sprint virus has infected Cingular. Sorry couldn't resist.

hmm, you wouldn't happen to be sending those text messages to a Sprint user would you? Sprint has been having major sms issues for several weeks now.
    Hey boygenius. I've seen many of your posts on bbforums. I just ordered a 750v but will be using it on T-Mobile. There's at least a couple of people here with 750s on Cingular so I'm sure they'll chime in soon.
    Well I've gotten a couple of text messages from Cingular service OK. Unfortunately the people I know don't use text messages. I'll have to find a way to test.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Did you get the one where they said 411 will now be $1.79 + airtime? They've sent me that about 5 times now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Hey BoyGenius- where did you get your 750v unlocked?
    Boygenius very nice site!! I'm glad you started your own site.
    Jimmie Geddes
  8.    #9  
    Got it unlocked through imei-check, thanks for the comment about the site, appreciate it! Got some crazy things comin up this week!
    I tried this last night. I was able to both send and receive SMS with a Verizon number. I was able to send an MMS to the Verizon number but I've yet to see it show up. In the messaging app, it was set to the auto setting for the configuration and I just left it there.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have my 750 on order from CTI, they say I will have it Friday. Does anyone have the steps for setting it up to work on Cingular. I know I need to just put the SIM card and it should work. I guess I am asking for the steps to set it up to send and recieve MMS and access the internet. Any help would be appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyneat View Post
    I have my 750 on order from CTI, they say I will have it Friday. Does anyone have the steps for setting it up to work on Cingular. I know I need to just put the SIM card and it should work. I guess I am asking for the steps to set it up to send and recieve MMS and access the internet. Any help would be appreciated!
    I read that all you need to do is set the network settings to Auto for MMS, etc.. Other then that, just plug in your SIM card. I as well ordered from CTI and they are suppose to ship today.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Boy Genius, I'm having the same problems with SMS and MMS on my 750v. I thought it was cause I ported my T-Mobile number back to Cingular and it just wasn't complete yet but then I remembered your post.

The SIM card put in all the correct settings. When I send a message the other person never gets it and vice versa. I also just loaded the Cingular ROM and didn't seem to make a difference.
    Brandon
    Ok, this is why I am buying my 750v from Import GSM, and now I am POSITIVE I am going to pay the extra $20 to have them set it up with the Cingular ROM, as well as add the settings to make it work with SMS, and especially MMS on Cingular. I called them again today, and they guarantee that the 750v will be able to do all these functions with Cingular.

After seeing all of the Cingular setup issues, I am glad I waited an extra week and also glad I found Import GSM to buy the 750v from. Even the person who said paying the extra $20 would be "silly" can't get the MMS to work, so I will let eveyone know what the settings are when mine shows up next week.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I popped in my SIM card and it works right away without having to do any special setting. But i have the newer 64k sim card, not sure if that makes any difference.
    dliao, would you mind sharing your settings for SMS & MMS? I have a 64k SIM too. I think it even says 3G on one side. I seem to remember at one point there being a batch of SIM's that didn't work with a particular phone. I hope this isn't the case again.

Like everyone else, my SIM populated all the settings but just doesn't seem to work.
    Brandon
  16.    #17  
    well I figured out the problem on my end atleast, very embarassed to post this...sms and mms was removed from my account...didnt think it was possible thats why I never questioned it but atleast with cingular you need to have the regular pay as you go sms feature, without that feature you can not send and receive sms or mms messages...so that was the problem somehow it was removed doubled checked it added it back on and now works flawlessly. See if thats the problem your having
    Ahhh... that could very well be the problem on my end to since I just moved my number back to Cingular. Thanks boygenius, I'll have to check on that in the morning.
    Brandon