Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think it's a crime that this isn't mentioned more readily in the manual (actually, I don't think it's mentioned at all). From my personal experience on how well it works, I would have expected this to be one of the major selling points. However, perhaps Sprint wants to sell their 5 dollar Voice Command product instead.

Either way, if you haven't tried it yet...definitely give it a shot, especially since it's free and comes with the phone. Just start off by mapping the side button to Voice Command and go from there.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    It is a great function but it would be better if it worked thru the BT headset I have. I have mine off to save memory.

Greg
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    It is a great function but it would be better if it worked thru the BT headset I have. I have mine off to save memory.

Greg
    Agreed. But that is an issue with the Treo itself...not the Voice Command software.
    I don't want stir the flames, but bluetooth voice dialing works on the new 750v. So this is definitely something that Palm could fix.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I was just going to say that. if palm doesn't fix it with the update maybe we can get it off the 750v. I used it on my 6700 for eight months. now that I have the wx without the bt voice dial, I don't even use the bluetooth. I make more calls than I receive.
    Thanks for the tip. How do you map the side button to Voice Command?

I'm sure Sprint wants people like me who don't know any better to pony up the $5 per month. I was thinking about doing so until I saw this thread.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Go to Settings | Buttons. Select button, Hold Side, and assign program ,Voice Command, to it.

Greg
    VC is way more powerful than simply voice dialing!

"Whats my battery?"
    "Whats my next appointment?"
    "What time is it?"
    "Play Paul Simon"
    "Start Internet Exploer"

Make sure you turn off the feature that verifies your command after you say it. Way more usable IMO.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Thanks!
    Is there a list anywhere that shows what my voice command can do? Like the list that Robber has put up, but something a little more complete.
    What effect on memory?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Check this out for a list of commands

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...nd+cheat+sheet

Or attached is a pdf I created from the thread so I could take it with me.

Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger fan View Post
    What effect on memory?
    Well it's a program that runs so it uses memory. I didn't use it that much so I turned it back off to have the extra memory available to use.

Greg
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Any chance Palm adds the bluetooth voice dialing feature in the next software update? Also, like "codyppc" mentioned is there a way to use the 750 software on the 700wx to have the bluetooth voice dialing feature working?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The major missing piece on my VZW Treo 700P is the lack of voice dialing and even to have to pay to get the voice program that doesnt work with bt.

I have used bluetooth voice dialing for 2 years on my MOTO V710 and can't understand why my Treo can't do this?

Very disappointing in Palm.
    Ok, this feature ROCKS!! I'm amazed at how it knows what I'm saying and gets it right the first time - unless I didn't speak clearly. I wonder exactly how much memory it's using though?
    Ok, I'm shocked Palm isn't marketing this feature... it can make for REALLY cool commercials!

Has anyone made an app that uses this technology to add contacts or take notes? Say for instance you want to add a new contact... rather than type all the info it would be cool to say:

Add Contact
    Jeff Doe
    Cell: 000-000-0000
    Home: blah blah and so on.

Or even take notes or reply to emails! Come on programmers... hehe
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Ok, I'm shocked Palm isn't marketing this feature... it can make for REALLY cool commercials!

Has anyone made an app that uses this technology to add contacts or take notes? Say for instance you want to add a new contact... rather than type all the info it would be cool to say:

Add Contact
    Jeff Doe
    Cell: 000-000-0000
    Home: blah blah and so on.

Or even take notes or reply to emails! Come on programmers... hehe
    That would be a great idea...except you'd have to spell the name out instead of saying it...but still easier than typing.

And regarding why Sprint doesn't mention it...it's probably so you pay 5 bucks a month for their voice command service.
    How do you actually use that? What do i have to press to activate that feature? Do i have to pay for the feature?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    How do you actually use that? What do i have to press to activate that feature? Do i have to pay for the feature?
    It's free. To set it up go to Start -> Settings -> Voice Command.

The best thing to do is map it to the side button. Start -> Settings -> Buttons.

Look up a few posts to see a command list.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast