Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    How do you actually use that? What do i have to press to activate that feature? Do i have to pay for the feature?
    This brings up another good point. The fact that Palm bundles this is great. Many other devices dont have it included. I had to cough up $40 to get it on my ppc-6700...

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I mapped the side button to Voice Command and after I press on side button, VC icon comes up at the top task mgr and disappears after 3 seconds. Is it suppose to do that?

fyi, it doesn't use any memory, at-least I don't see a difference.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    I mapped the side button to Voice Command and after I press on side button, VC icon comes up at the top task mgr and disappears after 3 seconds. Is it suppose to do that?
    Yes. After you press the button you mapped for voice command, put your phone to your ear and give it your command.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    fyi, it doesn't use any memory, at-least I don't see a difference.
    I just turned on voice command and did a soft reset. I had 9.04MB of free program memory. Then I turned off voice command and did a soft reset. I had 11.28MB of free program memory. Looks like to me it uses 2.24MB.

Greg
    I only have voice dialing enabled, so it doesn't take up as much memory. And with the wx, its not really a factor anyway; on the 700w it was impossible to use.

When the 6700 first came out, hackers were able to get voice dialing to work through bluetooth. Check this out:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...+voice+dialing

See post #14

EDIT: I have tried this, registry changes and all, to no avail. There was another way also, I will look for it and post again...

I found it, here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=243884

Not sure if anyone has tried yet, I will check, edit again, and let you know how it works..
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 10/17/2006 at 11:56 AM.
    None of the above worked. There is something obviously missing in Palm's BT stack. This sucks.....
    yeah voice stuff works great i just did it. only problem i have is in media player when i say play artist it wont recognize the name and starts naming off the artist, which are ALL the 20+ folders i have int he audio folder. It wont take my input untill it is done naming them all. I evne tried holding the voice command button. It stops talking and the mic comes on and i try different things but nothing. i have to wait for it to finish. Also if i say play ANYTHING, i would assume its supposed to randomly go to anything and play it, but it ALWAYS goes to the same song, even though the word "anything" is not in the title, artist, album, etc.
    Is there some registry file or text file I can edit the change the computer voiced responses? Like when i say "RUN MEDIA PLAYER" it asks "what do you want to hear" blah blah blah" is there somewhere i can go to program it to say what i want it to say .. like "what kind of SHXT do you want to hear..." etc.
    i know its here in local machine/software/microsoft/speech

they have input, output, recognizers, voices, and i notice something that says FEMALE.... maybe you can change it to male.. im gonan mess around maybe
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12