1.    #1  
    Anyone know how I can get XM Online to work with TCPMP? I have gone into TCPMP's file association settings and associated every kind of file with TCPMP but when I launch a channel from XM Online, I get an error (only seems to work with MS Media player).

Any ideas?
    I would like to know as well.
    Yes anyone figure this out? Especially with the world series on

Also.. What is WRONG with using MS Media player?
    xm works just fine if you have an account and log in from the internet. Not all the channels stream, and I don't believe the sports channels stream. I am listening to Bluesville as I type this. Hope this helps. Gary
  5.    #5  
    MikeRadio, there is nothing wrong with MS Media player per se, I just preffer TCPMP.

ggoldfogel,

I have an XM Online account already...did u get XM Online to work with TCPMP and if so how
    You can use MusicDock.com to listen. Works great! Enjoy!
    I am not using a media player to stream at all. I am using internet explorer, logged in to xmradio online. Listening either thru car speakers via bluetooth or with headphone. Gary
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I think you are using it and don't even know it.

XM does use WMP as the player. I have it running on my PC right now. You log in via IE but it uses WMP to play the music.

Greg
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    I think you are using it and don't even know it.

XM does use WMP as the player. I have it running on my PC right now. You log in via IE but it uses WMP to play the music.

Greg
    I am well aware of ie and wmp playing xm but I set up tcpmp to handle metafiles (the kind that launch wmp and tcpmp to play streaming media) so when I try to play xm online, tcpmp launches and then gives me an error. I preffer to use tcpmp because orb works better with it as well as my videos and music
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Actually I was replying to ggoldfogel. I got the impression from the post that he/she thought they only used IE to play the music.

I was going to try TCPMP once but wasn't sure where to get it. Is this what I would need?

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...t_Media_Player

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    Yes anyone figure this out? Especially with the world series on

Also.. What is WRONG with using MS Media player?
    You will not be able to listen to MLB with the online streams. XM only broadcasts there original programming/channels and some AOL channels.

anyone get a pop up like 'file already exists' everytime you switch streams? is there any way to disable this?
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    anyone get a pop up like 'file already exists' everytime you switch streams? is there any way to disable this?
    That always happens with TCPMP

It isnt wrong though.. the file LiveStream or Stream DOES exist!

Mike