Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Yes the rumors have said early November 680, mid November 750 for Cingular. But I'm doubting this more and more as time passes. Early November would barely give them time for holiday sales of the 680, which is likely to be a more consumer desired item. If they wait until January, they avoid having the 750 lost in the holiday barrage, gives Vodaphone their three month exclusive and then they can launch with "exclusive" HSPDA support. Sounding more likely to me, that was why I spent the big bucks on the vodaphone one (and I like it's looks better than Cingular orange).
    you are probably right.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Got mine from CTI-Miami yesterday. Works great as a phone with my T-mobile SIM. But unable yet to get internet access going. It needs
    Access point
    username
    password
    proxy IP address
    Port number
    Static or Dynamic IP, and static or dynamic DNS

Anyone else got it to work on Tmobile yet?
    When I put the Cingular sim in mine, when I went to the configurations setting, it has already detected the Cingular setting and all I did was select. Is it not showing a T-Mobile setting already? Do you already have a data plan?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    apn: wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com
    username: anything
    password: anything

rest are blank
    Since I'm away from home (and won't be able to see the newly delivered baby until much much later) my wife sent me some nice photos to keep me happy, which I thought I'd share with you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I would join you, naftalim, as I am also a Vancouver/Rogers guy, but I can't stand the idea of taking a step back on the screen quality. I still think I'll buy myself the 680 as a Christmas present to myself. Personally, I don't need the high-speed data cause if I were to use it, even once, I'd likely be broke the next day.
    Got the internet working now. And the phone. Tmobile, on an unlocked 750v bought from Cti-Miami yesterday.

So, now where in the menu's does it let you select the APN for MMS? No "tools" button under messaging like on the 700w. Anybody tried this yet?

Also the IT dept is trying to get the Active Sync to a server working (vs my workstation) so I can wirelessly sync all Outlook (email, calendar, contacts). Anyone tried that yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjhyp View Post
    Got the internet working now. And the phone. Tmobile, on an unlocked 750v bought from Cti-Miami yesterday.
    So how do you like the 750v on the T-mobile plan? And what data plan are you using and how much? I'm also curious if it has got bluetooth DUN enabled.

Congrats on getting your 750v. I'm about to acquire one too to add to my collection

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    I am paying $30/month unlimited data plan. The Bluetooth DUN does work as well. Speaker in ear is so much clearer and louder than the 650, and speakerphone better as well.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Can anyone with an unlocked 750v in the USA tell us if it can access the web on T-Mobile's T-Mobileweb service (a.k.a. T-Zones) with the custom proxy, 216.xxx.xxx.xxx? I use my unlocked Treo 650 on T-Mobileweb for $5.99 per month for unlimted access to the web at EDGE speeds, I can access about 99% of the web (some sites are blocked because some ports are blocked using the proxy).
    Go to Messaging app, menu, options, advanced. I left mine on auto and I was able to send and receive SMS and MMS between it on Cingular and a number on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by tjhyp View Post

So, now where in the menu's does it let you select the APN for MMS? No "tools" button under messaging like on the 700w. Anybody tried this yet?

Also the IT dept is trying to get the Active Sync to a server working (vs my workstation) so I can wirelessly sync all Outlook (email, calendar, contacts). Anyone tried that yet?
    Man I am jealous...I am going back and forth tyring to justify the extra $400+ to get it now or wait for Cingular. I am Soooooooooo ready for a new phone!
    I hear ya, txschafers! I've been stuck using a Sprint PPC-6700 since last year. It's certainly a capable phone, has EVDO speed, and the 240x320 screen is nice.

But the form-factor is too much like a brick for my tastes. And using the slide-out keyboard is clunky and slow (for me), plus the Treo just has it beat for one-handed operation. I'm also plain tired of Sprint (and Verizon) not offering SIM-card capability. Why should I have to chain myself to one phone? If I'm going hiking, or to the beach, I'd really rather not have to carry around a $600 PDA phone, but rather a super-light, cheap one.
    I tried the proxy 216... port 8080 and could not get to google or cnn or others via wap. or internet2 or internet3
    not using the proxy everything works fine

Tmobile, unlocked, 750v
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    one guy did a number of tests on the 750...with 3G...and maxed at around 580kbps.
    I'm really looking for data speed and'd want it to equal my Tytn.
    Wondering if the smaller processor has anything to do with broadband speed.
    The Vodaphone 750v is UMTS not HSDPA. That speed is really great for UMTS. It could be upgraded in the future with HSDPA, but since the TyTN already has it, it will not be as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by rockky View Post
    one guy did a number of tests on the 750...with 3G...and maxed at around 580kbps.
    I'm really looking for data speed and'd want it to equal my Tytn.
    Wondering if the smaller processor has anything to do with broadband speed.
    Wow, that was quick, I missed the delivery (damn Concierge was not there) so I gotta go pick it up at the depot this afternoon. Going to be a busy 750v weekend

George
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    Wow, that was quick, I missed the delivery (damn Concierge was not there) so I gotta go pick it up at the depot this afternoon. Going to be a busy 750v weekend

George
    Hey naftalim,

Did you have to pay anything to Canadian customs?

gubz
    I don't think so, I have to pay UPS $5.19 CDN when I pick it up I imagine that is duty

Naftalim

Quote Originally Posted by gubernaculum View Post
    Hey naftalim,

Did you have to pay anything to Canadian customs?

gubz
    Quote Originally Posted by justin801 View Post
    What is the CTI-miami.com asking price for the Treo750v? I went to their site and couldn't find any info on this phone. any help is appriciated!!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast