1.    #1  
    I'm having an issue with Gmail POP3 to my phone.

I'm using the "recent:username" so it will download messages even after I download them with my computer.

I also do not have my computer and phone set to sync e-mail.

I want to be able to delete the message from my phone without deleting from the gmail server. How can I do this?
    Are you saying if you delete the message from the phone it actually does delete it from the server???
    POP3 delete will not delete mail on Gmail server but only mark it as "downloaded". Gmail handles this different than most others ISPs.
  4.    #4  
    that's what I thought. however the mail is not being moved to the archuved mail as it should be. when I tell my phone to deleted the message off my phone, it is moved to gmailLs trash folder.
    Are you using a 3rd party app? I know you can configure gmail settings on the gmail site itself. Sorry I don't have acess to a computer at the moment. I usually have mine se to leave the mail in the inbox. It that the setting you chose on the gmail server?
  6.    #6  
    no third party app. i use outlook on 700wx and on the pc. I have gmail set to archive messages after downloading from the pc, but downloading on the phone shouldn't matter because for my username i'm using "recent:usename" which will download messages without moving them so they still show up ar home. my problem is not what happens on reciept of messages but when i delete them on my phone, they're moved to trash on gmail.
    In the Gmail settings you can choose (after downloading mail via POP3) to leave it in inbox, archive it or delete it. All three work for me though I leave it in inbox.

I have mine forwarded to an IMAP4 IDLE account and access my mails from there. Very comfortable!