Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88
  1.    #1  
    i have a 2006 BMW 330d.........have paired successfully to it using Bluetooth and voice calls are fine........connects every time

    but i cannot get the contacts to go across!! it just shows up with 'no entries'...............

    i saw that bcaslis managed to get it to transfer 'favourites' to his BMW 330i......that is virtually identical to my 2006 model........."Paired with car (BMW 2006 330i), used phone connection, seen favorites transferred to car address."............bcaslis, can i ask, what do you mean by "used phone connection" and what are "favourites" ???? hopefully this will solve my problem !! cannot see any special settings or programs and my Tytn did used to sync the contacts across before

    any help appreciated..............fantastic phone!!!
  2. #2  
    Favorites (I guess a Treo Palm OS term) means the speed dials on the today screen. Treos only sync these, they don't sync the full contacts. So anything you want synced to the car you need to set as a speed dial. Probably not what you wanted to hear but that's how Palm has it setup.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. #3  
    Thats how shall i put it, er ****. There must be a way of doing this but thats what mine does too just my speed dial numbers with my parrot 3200
  4. #4  
    Do you guys know about JETware's handsfree extension?

    http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm

    It has limited support for the 700w, but I bet it fully supports the 750 (even though it doesn't list it)
  5. #5  
    Sorry but it's a Palm thing. The 700w and the 700wx do the same thing. I don't think there's any way to change this. Installing the jetwaremobile stuff didn't make a difference on the contacts on a 700wx.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. #6  
    It's probably worth a try. The 750 is different enough from the 700's both hardware and software-wise that it may work differently.
  7. #7  
    Are you using it with a UMTS signal on the BMW? I ran into an issue this morning. It was connected via bluetooth, but it kept showing searching for paired devices. I've seen this on rare occassion with other phones when they are connected but don't have signal strength. I finally figured out that when I get a GSM signal, the BMW shows it connected, but when I have a UMTS signal, the BMW thinks it's not getting a signal. This is a real problem. Do you see this?

    Quote Originally Posted by mark.rees33 View Post
    i have a 2006 BMW 330d.........have paired successfully to it using Bluetooth and voice calls are fine........connects every time

    but i cannot get the contacts to go across!! it just shows up with 'no entries'...............

    i saw that bcaslis managed to get it to transfer 'favourites' to his BMW 330i......that is virtually identical to my 2006 model........."Paired with car (BMW 2006 330i), used phone connection, seen favorites transferred to car address."............bcaslis, can i ask, what do you mean by "used phone connection" and what are "favourites" ???? hopefully this will solve my problem !! cannot see any special settings or programs and my Tytn did used to sync the contacts across before

    any help appreciated..............fantastic phone!!!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8. #8  
    Isn't there a software update for the BMW? I had some issues with my VW Passat and they loaded new firmware in my car and now it works perfectly. Not with my Treo but with my Nokia handsfree and satnav.
  9. #9  
    On the way home tonight I didn't lose the connection when in UMTS, but the audio connection was messed up. It made and received calls OK, but no audio just a soft electronic static hum. I checked and no audio on either the car or Treo. After I got home I placed a call from the Treo and it seemed fine. There could be problem between the Treo and the BMW, I need to test more tomorrow.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10. #10  
    Well this morning it didn't cut out with GSM/UMTS switching and it didn't have lost audio (good things). But when I tried any tranferred contacts I got "call could not be completed as dialed" messages. After looking at the call log on the Treo it looks like all the calls were "+1". All the phone number in my contacts are formatted as (for U.S. numbers) +1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX. All the devices I've used have had this and I've never had a problem before. Any have spaces or ( in their numbers and the numbers are being transferred OK to the car?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11. tut00's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #11  
    Can you conect to two devices at a time, ie, car and gps reciever? I need to be able to do that...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Well this morning it didn't cut out with GSM/UMTS switching and it didn't have lost audio (good things). But when I tried any tranferred contacts I got "call could not be completed as dialed" messages. After looking at the call log on the Treo it looks like all the calls were "+1". All the phone number in my contacts are formatted as (for U.S. numbers) +1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX. All the devices I've used have had this and I've never had a problem before. Any have spaces or ( in their numbers and the numbers are being transferred OK to the car?
    not had the UMTS/GSM switching issue.......works just fine on calls whether 3G (UMTS) or GSM.......but interestingly, i don't even get the speed dials transferring across???

    i know it is maybe a Palm thing, but the OS is WM5 so i cannot see what is different?? and also, surely Palm would implement full Bluetooth connectivity with car kits?? i did have (briefly!) a 650 and that was awful with bluetooth which is why i left Palm.......WM5 has been very good, even back to the HTC Wizard pre-AKU2........

    surely there is a way to have the contacts transfer? or perhaps on a ROM update they will emulate other WM5 devices............HTC make this device so i cannot see why not
  13. #13  
    I can't say what they will do, but 700w, 700wx, and 750v are all WM5 but Palm devices and they all only transfer the speed dials. I don't think they will change unless someone forces them to with complaints.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.rees33 View Post
    not had the UMTS/GSM switching issue.......works just fine on calls whether 3G (UMTS) or GSM.......but interestingly, i don't even get the speed dials transferring across???

    i know it is maybe a Palm thing, but the OS is WM5 so i cannot see what is different?? and also, surely Palm would implement full Bluetooth connectivity with car kits?? i did have (briefly!) a 650 and that was awful with bluetooth which is why i left Palm.......WM5 has been very good, even back to the HTC Wizard pre-AKU2........

    surely there is a way to have the contacts transfer? or perhaps on a ROM update they will emulate other WM5 devices............HTC make this device so i cannot see why not
    Mark, what model BMW you driving ?

    I have an E39 and I can receive calls/ Hang up calls but thats it.

    I can't transfer any phone book.

    I can make calls from the SatNav display by pressing the numbers.

    As no contacts have transfered all I get come up on the screen is the number rather than the contact name.

    I have the lastest E39 ULF ( BMW Bluetooth Brains ) and they can't be firmware upgraded

    Si
  15. #15  
    JETware has a beta version at

    http://www.jetwaremobile.com/beta.htm

    There are some fixes related to Treo's. Not sure, but it might fix the phone book issue.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Mark, what model BMW you driving ?

    I have an E39 and I can receive calls/ Hang up calls but thats it.

    I can't transfer any phone book.

    I can make calls from the SatNav display by pressing the numbers.

    As no contacts have transfered all I get come up on the screen is the number rather than the contact name.

    I have the lastest E39 ULF ( BMW Bluetooth Brains ) and they can't be firmware upgraded

    Si
    Hi Si

    i have a 2006 330d (new shape).......not sure about E39, never could work that one out!!

    i don't have the SatNav pack, but my friend does and he has the same problem as me so i guess the Bluetooth is the same, just presented differently on screen...........my numbers appear in the Radio display rather than the nice colour satnav display......

    but i am the same as you........ i can accept and hangup, the audio is flawless, the pair up is instant and consistent with no drop outs......and if i hit the car 'keypad' button, i can dial numbers up no problem........ i can also use number options on telephone calls through the car buttons (you know, all the various numbers you have to press just to talk to people these days!!)

    it seems really strange that HTC have it solved in all the other devices but not this one - i hear the 'Palm' message coming through, but the OS and device is still under HTC's remit........... perhaps the bluetooth stack on the Treo is different??
  17. #17  
    As I've said before, only the speed dials you assign on the Treo will get transferred. Contacts by themselves will not, if you don't assign speed dials you will get nothing.

    On the speed dials it looks like it's not transferring a number correctly if there is a space in the number (which all mine have). I will be testing this later this morning to see if removing the spaces fixes the number transfer.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    As I've said before, only the speed dials you assign on the Treo will get transferred. Contacts by themselves will not, if you don't assign speed dials you will get nothing.

    On the speed dials it looks like it's not transferring a number correctly if there is a space in the number (which all mine have). I will be testing this later this morning to see if removing the spaces fixes the number transfer.
    I'm assuming your "newer" bmw has a "newer" bluetooth system to that of the X5/E46/E39 as even with speed dials set up ( I have read what you posted ) nothing transfers accross, not even speed dials.

    I have a 540i ( not current shape thats E60 ) so guess we are using different systems.

    BMW Bluetooth has always been abit hit and miss with simple phones ( loads of forums out there to show this ) so a complicated phone like this, I'm just please we can use the basic functions

    Si
  19. #19  
    Based on what I saw in this morning's test, it looks like spaces and "-" in phone numbers cause the rest of the number to not be transferred. Very strange I don't see this issue at all with Palm OS based Treos or Symbian devices I've tried. More experimenting later.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  20. #20  
    Did some more experiments this morning. The only way to get a number to transfer correctly from a favorite speeddial to the BMW addresses is to avoid any space, -, or period. Basically a completely unformatted number of consecutive digits. Very odd, I've never seen this problem with a Palm OS Treo, Motorola Q (MS smartphone), or other plain phone. Anyone getting any formatted phone numbers to transfer?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions