Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That's exactly what I'm struggling with. I really want to love the 750v, but the bluetooth is horrible. I just don't know why Palm can't get off their **** and fix this.

I picked up a Blackberry Pearl to try out of desperation and I must say I'm stunned. The bluetooth is utterly flawless. Works perfectly for the car, headset, and DUN. Everything just WORKS! Of course it doesn't have 3G which is an issue. On the other side, it's incredibly tiny. Seriously it's the same volume as a V3 (less width, slightly longer, same thickness). Any Treo is just gargantuan next to it.

I'm trying to decide, I really want to stick with the Treo. But the Pearl shows how things are supposed to be done and what a terrible job Palm is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I don't have a BMW but have a Parrot 3100 in two cars and I totally agree. The 650 worked flawlessly, just like my v3 does (both from Verizon and Cingular). The 750v is awful and the 680 is problematci too requireing frequent repairing. I'm almost thinking of going to a separate voice phone. If so, I may ditch the Treo for a BB.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Yes, the 650 (after the last firmware update) is the best Treo for bluetooth. Every model since then (700p, 700w, 700wx, 750v) has significant bluetooth problems.
    I absolutely quote you. waiting for next 750v firmware upgrade.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Sorry to be so late joining this discussion; I've only just come upon this forum.

All auto systems. The BMW bluetooth isn't unique. Every Treo ever made with bluetooth, both Palm OS and WM5 (650, 700p, 700w, 700wx, and 750v, and yes I've tried them all) only transfer "favorites" or "speed dial" to the car's phone addressbook.
    That's not true in my experience with my 750v. All contacts which are in the CarKit category get transferred across. It's an "undocumented feature" which I've told Palm about - for what it's worth

As for getting the kit to pair, I've found it's much more reliable if the 750v is awake when the car kit (a Parrot CK3100 in my case) is switched on. By no means 100%, but maybe 75% of the time. Other times it pairs happily if I forget to wake it up first, other times a soft reset does the trick. But I've not yet found any 100%-consistent way of doing it.
    I don't use the CarKit category so that might be.

My problem is with the built-in bluetooth, an unlocked Vodaphone version is terrible. I'd love to know if the Cingular version is any better but I'm suspecting it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeJayEff View Post
    Sorry to be so late joining this discussion; I've only just come upon this forum.

That's not true in my experience with my 750v. All contacts which are in the CarKit category get transferred across. It's an "undocumented feature" which I've told Palm about - for what it's worth

As for getting the kit to pair, I've found it's much more reliable if the 750v is awake when the car kit (a Parrot CK3100 in my case) is switched on. By no means 100%, but maybe 75% of the time. Other times it pairs happily if I forget to wake it up first, other times a soft reset does the trick. But I've not yet found any 100%-consistent way of doing it.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJayEff View Post

when you mention 'CarKit', do you mean creating a category in Outlook (probably easier on a pc to start and then sync?) called 'CarKit' and then within Outlook transfer all contacts into 'CarKit' ? and if you do, do those contacts then transfer to the bluetooth carkit????
    I have some questions, I have a 750V and am in the UK....Never managed to get any contacts, favourites or not, to transfer to my 2001 540.

Just got a new Audi Q7 and saw this post http://forums.audiworld.com/q7/msgs/6398.phtml which is the same as BeeJayEff is saying but I've added this category and still my numbers won't transfer across.

Is this category name case sensitive as I have my category called Carkit not CarKit as you have labelled it ?

Si
    I don't use the CarKit category so that might be.

My problem is with the built-in bluetooth, an unlocked Vodaphone version is terrible. I'd love to know if the Cingular version is any better but I'm suspecting it's not.
    I just read this, and you were the first person I thought of. Can anyone please confirm?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=289665
    I can't say if the Cingular ROM is better or not. But since it's a one way trip (can't go back) I'm not trying it without some personal verification. I've seen way too many posts in various places about things that work that really don't.

The bluetooth on this thing is junk. I've been using a Pearl the past two weeks and beside working with the car, I've use it a bit as wireless modem. It's painfully slow on the Pearl (EDGE) but it works. Reliably, no problem. I thought today maybe I'm giving the 750v a bad break here, so after using the Pearl OK (knowing that the network is working). I switch the sim and try the 750v. Works for a few minutes but then starts it's old routine of the bluetooth link still active but no data being transmitted at all.

Junk. Just junk, the bluetooth on this thing. I really want to test a Cingular version, but I don't want to buy one just to return it the next day.
    I can't say if the Cingular ROM is better or not. But since it's a one way trip (can't go back) I'm not trying it without some personal verification. I've seen way too many posts in various places about things that work that really don't.

The bluetooth on this thing is junk. I've been using a Pearl the past two weeks and beside working with the car, I've use it a bit as wireless modem. It's painfully slow on the Pearl (EDGE) but it works. Reliably, no problem. I thought today maybe I'm giving the 750v a bad break here, so after using the Pearl OK (knowing that the network is working). I switch the sim and try the 750v. Works for a few minutes but then starts it's old routine of the bluetooth link still active but no data being transmitted at all.

Junk. Just junk, the bluetooth on this thing. I really want to test a Cingular version, but I don't want to buy one just to return it the next day.
    Why not just try installing the Cingular ROM? Honestly, I haven't found any differences yet (except I havent gotten a DSOD yet), and if that guy says it works you might as well try. I hear you on the "no going back" part though, its your call
    I might as a last resort, but the Vodaphone ROM is virtually unbranded, no carrier startup screens, just a Treo screen.

I'd do it in second, but every report I've seen seems to still indicate problems with many car bluetooth sets. This is the first I've seen of this. And I really don't care about transferring all the contacts, I just want it to connect and work as phone reliably. Someone getting it to do it once means nothing.

The only Cingular ROM I have is the one leaked back in October or so. There isn't another newer one is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Why not just try installing the Cingular ROM? Honestly, I haven't found any differences yet (except I havent gotten a DSOD yet), and if that guy says it works you might as well try. I hear you on the "no going back" part though, its your call
    I might as a last resort, but the Vodaphone ROM is virtually unbranded, no carrier startup screens, just a Treo screen.

I'd do it in second, but every report I've seen seems to still indicate problems with many car bluetooth sets. This is the first I've seen of this. And I really don't care about transferring all the contacts, I just want it to connect and work as phone reliably. Someone getting it to do it once means nothing.

The only Cingular ROM I have is the one leaked back in October or so. There isn't another newer one is there?
    I put up the post over on XDA. I can say for sure that the problem of the phone not transferring is cured with Cingy ROM. I tried pairing my friends Treo 750v with original ROM. It paired but hung up constantly on phonebook transfer and kept giving the message Phone Not Detected.

I tried my Treo 750v that I had flashed with the Cingy ROM. Bingo - the phonebook transferred.

I then took his Treo 750v and flashed it - Bingo again - the phonebook now transferred.

Before I did this I checked software version on the About Phone screens. I believe the Vodafone version was 1.12 vs 1.17 for the Cingy.

I've had the Cingy ROM on my 750v about a week - zero problems AND no Cingular splash screens. Also you get the Pocket MSN with Messenger built in.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    I put up the post over on XDA. I can say for sure that the problem of the phone not transferring is cured with Cingy ROM. I tried pairing my friends Treo 750v with original ROM. It paired but hung up constantly on phonebook transfer and kept giving the message Phone Not Detected.

I tried my Treo 750v that I had flashed with the Cingy ROM. Bingo - the phonebook transferred.

I then took his Treo 750v and flashed it - Bingo again - the phonebook now transferred.

Before I did this I checked software version on the About Phone screens. I believe the Vodafone version was 1.12 vs 1.17 for the Cingy.

I've had the Cingy ROM on my 750v about a week - zero problems AND no Cingular splash screens. Also you get the Pocket MSN with Messenger built in.

Hope this helps.
    Transfered the phone to what car ?

This looks hopeful

Si
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Transfered the phone to what car ?

This looks hopeful

Si
    BMW 750
    ok,

Well nothing transfers to my new Audi Q7 and I have the Vodaphone rom so I guess I have nothing to loose.

I'll download the update and do it then report back.

Where do I download the update from ?

Thanks

Si
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    BMW 750
    Does it lose connection after x minutes? That's the other problem bcaslis is trying to fix....
    I've just spend about an hour "playing" with my treo and Audi Q7 and the problems I'm having are defo different that the problems I was having with 540 ( not current model or bmw like the 750 I assume BigBen is talking about )

With the older BMW ( that would be E39 ) I never had an disconnections so handsfree operation was fine but nothing would transfer accross, not favourites and not "CarKit" category contacts.

With my new Audi Q7, my treo connects and disconnects like the problem you guys with the newer BMW's are describing.

As for transfering contacts, Favourites go over fine. I then added a category "carkit", added all my contacts to that but nothing happended. I then removed all my contacts from that category, and just added 1. This worked fine so I wondering if some of my contacts can't transfer so I'm now going to try some at a time.

I'll report back

I have the Voda rom BTW

Si
    That is funny, because my Treo 750c does not transfer any contacts at all to the car. I have a n 07 530i with iDrive and Nav. Only transfers recent calls. Oh yeah, and it does that random BS connect/disconnect thing. POS. Going back to my w810i until I can get the v3xx. I am done with Mindows Mobile, and half assed versions of bluetooth protocols.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by doctob View Post
    That is funny, because my Treo 750c does not transfer any contacts at all to the car. I have a n 07 530i with iDrive and Nav. Only transfers recent calls. Oh yeah, and it does that random BS connect/disconnect thing. POS. Going back to my w810i until I can get the v3xx. I am done with Mindows Mobile, and half assed versions of bluetooth protocols.

J
    Don't blame the wrong guy here...Palm/HTC are to blame. A Samsung ix30 (Sprint or Verizon) has an independent OBEX profile, and work perfectly with 07 BMW's (BTW idrive/nav is the only way to get BT in a BMW). No disconnects, all contacts, with no bulls-it.
    I tried briefly a Cingular 750 with the BMW 2006 330i. No real contacts on it so I didn't test the transfer. But the same problem with disconnects and phone lockups. Pair, connects, try a test call works. Turn off car. Wait one minute, turn back on. Treo appears to connect, try to make a call, car now says searching for devices. Push red button on Treo, keyboard lights up for a second but no screen. Push several more times, screen finally lights up shows dialing, but dialing never connects and phone won't respond to any other input. Car still shows searching for devices. Soft reset Treo.

Pairing and transferring contacts is child's play. Any device should be any to do this. The problem is actually making a call and reconnecting. The 750 just can't do this. As with the 750v, with the right sequence of soft resets once in range of the car I can get it connected correctly but once the car is off, all bets off. To get this to work, you need to soft reset at least once when in the car, sometimes two or three times.

The Cingular version seems to work much better on their data network. Much less lag in looking up addresses. But the bluetooth is still the same old Palm junk. These guys can't do bluetooth to save their lives.
    I tried briefly a Cingular 750 with the BMW 2006 330i. No real contacts on it so I didn't test the transfer. But the same problem with disconnects and phone lockups. Pair, connects, try a test call works. Turn off car. Wait one minute, turn back on. Treo appears to connect, try to make a call, car now says searching for devices. Push red button on Treo, keyboard lights up for a second but no screen. Push several more times, screen finally lights up shows dialing, but dialing never connects and phone won't respond to any other input. Car still shows searching for devices. Soft reset Treo.

Pairing and transferring contacts is child's play. Any device should be any to do this. The problem is actually making a call and reconnecting. The 750 just can't do this. As with the 750v, with the right sequence of soft resets once in range of the car I can get it connected correctly but once the car is off, all bets off. To get this to work, you need to soft reset at least once when in the car, sometimes two or three times.

The Cingular version seems to work much better on their data network. Much less lag in looking up addresses. But the bluetooth is still the same old Palm junk. These guys can't do bluetooth to save their lives.
    3rd WM device now, that's embarrassing
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast