Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88
  1. #21  
    Bcaslis,

    Have you tried the new ROM in your car yet ?

    My friend tried his MDA Vario in my 540 at the weekend and everything worked perfectly except SMS but the full adddress book transfered so some WM5 are obviously working just fine.

    Be interested to know if the new ROM works

    Thanks

    Si
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Bcaslis,

    Have you tried the new ROM in your car yet ?

    My friend tried his MDA Vario in my 540 at the weekend and everything worked perfectly except SMS but the full adddress book transfered so some WM5 are obviously working just fine.

    Be interested to know if the new ROM works

    Thanks

    Si
    hi Si

    what ROM do you mean? on the BMW or the phone? I also have a Tytn and a Vario and as I posted earlier, both transfer address books just fine....... it's only the newer Treo that doesn't.... are there newer ROM's for the Treo?

    mark
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.rees33 View Post
    hi Si

    what ROM do you mean? on the BMW or the phone? I also have a Tytn and a Vario and as I posted earlier, both transfer address books just fine....... it's only the newer Treo that doesn't.... are there newer ROM's for the Treo?

    mark
    LOL
    Where have you been ?

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280500

    Si
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    oops!
    have you tried it yet?
  5. #25  
    If you mean the one from Singapore with the 1.15 software, then not yet. I will be in a couple of hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Bcaslis,

    Have you tried the new ROM in your car yet ?

    My friend tried his MDA Vario in my 540 at the weekend and everything worked perfectly except SMS but the full adddress book transfered so some WM5 are obviously working just fine.

    Be interested to know if the new ROM works

    Thanks

    Si
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    If you mean the one from Singapore with the 1.15 software, then not yet. I will be in a couple of hours.
    I ment either really

    Si
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.rees33 View Post
    oops!
    have you tried it yet?
    No, I'm tempted but not much point if it don't help with the Bluetooth in my car

    Si
  8. #28  
    I have a parrot 3200 bluetooth kit and like you it only transfers the speed dial numbers, the way round it for me is to bluetooth my numbers into the parrots phone book and thats stores my phone book and all works great and you only have to do it once. Do the car kits that you have not have this option

    Chris
  9. #29  
    I tried it and it only transfers speeddials as I expected.

    I'm aware that other WM5 devices tranfer all the contacts, but every Treo both Palm OS and WM5 only transfer the speeddials. To Palm I think this is a "feature" not a "bug" so I would not expect this to change unless someone convinces Palm otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Bcaslis,

    Have you tried the new ROM in your car yet ?

    My friend tried his MDA Vario in my 540 at the weekend and everything worked perfectly except SMS but the full adddress book transfered so some WM5 are obviously working just fine.

    Be interested to know if the new ROM works

    Thanks

    Si
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
    I have a parrot 3200 bluetooth kit and like you it only transfers the speed dial numbers, the way round it for me is to bluetooth my numbers into the parrots phone book and thats stores my phone book and all works great and you only have to do it once. Do the car kits that you have not have this option

    Chris
    sadly no Chris..........they are dynamic and update from the phone automatically each time it is connected

    and i still can't even get the speed dials to sync!! with no dots, dashes spaces or anything other than numbers!!!
  11. #31  
    I would delete the pairing, reset the Treo and try again. Some days it connects and works fine, some days it just won't connect, a couple of days it connected but any call in or out was just electronic static, no ringing or voice even though the person was really called. I don't think the 750v and the BMW hardware like each other very much, sadly I have to say the 700p and 650 worked much better than this.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  12. #32  
    I've been having lots of problem with the 750v working with the BMW bluetooth. Most of the time it looks like you are connected fine, but when you try to make or receive a call, the phone answers, but there is just an electronic hum. No audio on the car or the Treo speaker. The only fix is to soft reset the Treo. This has gotten very very frustrating. I've downloaded and installled the jetware beta. I will be trying it tonight (out of desperation). I have to say so far the 750v works the worst of any recent device with the BMW bluetooth. The most frustrating is that there is no way to know if it's working without sending or receving a call, and then if it's not working you need to reset it. I've resorted to get a soft reset utility and putting it in the start menu otherwise it's impossible to do while driving.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  13. #33  
    Well I tried the jetware extension briefly:

    1.) It does add the signal strength meter, but the meter doesn't seem to update unless you reconnect or it might have also done it once when turning the Treo on. But normally it doesn't
    2.) Even though it has the ability to mark categories to synch for the phoneboook, it doesn't do anything on the 750v. Speeddials still are the only thing synced.
    3.) The biggest thing for me is that it doesn't do anything about the connection with no audio, which is my biggest problem at the moment. The Treo 750 is like playing russian roulete with the BMW bluetooth. You never know if the connection is good until a call happens and then it's too late. The only way to get it working again is a soft-reset.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14. #34  
    Bcaslis, Thanks for all the great info you contribute to the Board. I just bought a new BMW M6 and wanted to get a Treo 750 but your posts, regarding the 750 and BMW's have given me pause. Do you think that the Cingular specific Treo 750 might be compatible with the new BMW's or is this just a problem of any Treo 750, Cingular or Vodaphone? Thanks again for all your good info.
  15. #35  
    Hard to really know without testing. I suspect its any Treo 750 at the moment but phone/car bluetooth operation is one of those mystery areas unless the manufacturers have certified them.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  16. #36  
    hi there, I have a Seat Altea with BT;

    I used a Treo 650 which worked really well once loaded latest T650 firmware and latest Altea BT firmware some months ago.

    the big issue is that BT connection is floating up and down. the car BT sounds at each disconnect/connect event, so it's like to hear a music playing... when dialing or receiving calls during 'up time' everything works fine, but if I try to make call or receive some during 'down time' it's likely to mess it up and got to reset the phone.

    it's a pain with Treo 650 everything was smooth... I don't know how to tell my wife...
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  17. #37  
    Seems that there would be a registry setting that would allow tranferring all contacts to the BMW via Bluetooth instead of only the "Speed Dial" coded contacts. No?
  18. #38  
    No. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    Seems that there would be a registry setting that would allow tranferring all contacts to the BMW via Bluetooth instead of only the "Speed Dial" coded contacts. No?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  19. #39  
    Does this Speed Dial scenerio (where "Speed Dial" entries are the only entries that are transferred) work that way for all Bluetooth enable vehicles that has addressbook functionality, or only for bluetooth systems similar BMW's? If the first case, seems that PALM is missing the boat on this piece. Does PALM have a customer service/support area where we can request changes?
  20. #40  
    All auto systems. The BMW bluetooth isn't unique. Every Treo ever made with bluetooth, both Palm OS and WM5 (650, 700p, 700w, 700wx, and 750v, and yes I've tried them all) only transfer "favorites" or "speed dial" to the car's phone addressbook. Palm has "customer service" but I've never been able to do anything useful with them like ask for a bug to filed. They only seem capable of reading standard scripts and answers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    Does this Speed Dial scenerio (where "Speed Dial" entries are the only entries that are transferred) work that way for all Bluetooth enable vehicles that has addressbook functionality, or only for bluetooth systems similar BMW's? If the first case, seems that PALM is missing the boat on this piece. Does PALM have a customer service/support area where we can request changes?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions