Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Yes you would get EDGE on T-Mobile.

The reset is deliberate. It resets to close open programs (a multitasking system), does the backup (closing down background processes), then resets again to bring everything up normal.

You basically have to do this for a full multitasking system if you want a restore that will really restore everything correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    so, if one were to get this phone and use it on t-mo, one will be able to use edge?

Why do you use a progam that continues to reset your phone? why is that backup program doing that?

so, what headset would let you use stereo and have a mic?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Does this mean that I am setting up an Account in Outlook on me PC which is then forwarding this to the Outlook on the 750v? I am unable to get Internet access for some reason on the browser.

Thanks,

George

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Everything you need to set up GMail POP is here:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=13278
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    I imagine someone knows the answer. I set up an Account called Gmail on the 750. (after setting up forwarding in my PC Gmail Account) I can receive email but cannot send.

My setup is:

Incoming: pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com
    Domain:gmail.com

Under Options 2/3 I have slected Require SSL Connection and Outgoing mail requires authentication using the same settings as Incoming.

Thanks
    Leave the domain blank.

I had trouble with Gmail, too. It wouldn't always retrieve my mail.

I have another email account that uses IMAP4, and I have all my Gmail forwarded to it. I use Gmail as a Spam filter. The IMAP account works, but I think it just checks every 15 minutes instead of instantly picking up the mail like Chatter did.

I'd rather retrieve everything from my IMAP account and only send from Gmail. I haven't found a setting that prevents the Treo from retrieving from Gmail, but will let me send from it.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Thanks, that was simple and it worked. Of course, its simple when someone else knows the answer

[QUOTE=convbcuda;1109078]Leave the domain blank.

I had trouble with Gmail, too. It wouldn't always retrieve my mail.

I
    bcaslis,
    http://www.cingular.com/coverageviewer/
    Shows solid 3G coverage in the Wilsonville area.
    It shows it pretty complete in the OC area also.
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #87  
    Yes, they lie like dogs!

I think someone took where they have GSM and made it all show 3G. Really it's not that good, it does show up, and there is good GSM coverage, but in Wilsonville, it either not there or constantly flickering in and out. At my house it show solid blue as far as the eye can see, but I can't get any UMTS outside. If I go to the second floor, I can get it sometimes. It's pretty solid on I-5 but drops rapidly from there.

Verizon and EVDO are completely solid everywhere I've been. Love the 750 form factor, Cingular not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    bcaslis,
    http://www.cingular.com/coverageviewer/
    Shows solid 3G coverage in the Wilsonville area.
    It shows it pretty complete in the OC area also.
    Has anyone had 'handover' issues?

http://wireless.iop.org/articles/feature/7/8/7/1

Quote:
    "UMTS service quality and performance testing usually focuses on voice, video and high-speed Internet capabilities. UMTS uses adaptive multi-rate (AMR) as the voice codec, which is normally an effective and stable voice technology. Voice-quality problems will occur in some special conditions, most notably during 3G/2G system handover, and this could cause real problems in the early stages of 3G deployment."
    Just call me Berd.
  9.    #89  
    Define problem. Can you hear when a hand over happens? Yes. Do you lose signal momentarily during a handover? Normally no, but I have seen this happen also.
    Thanks,
    So in another words:
    Not an issue to be concerned about.
    My contract is close to up with cing.
    I would prefer to stay with cing.
    Just making sure before I go and get a 750/8525, (renew contract).
    Just call me Berd.
  11.    #91  
    I don't think it's an issue to stop you if there are other things in the package you want.

I do have to say that for a complete voice coverage and data network that actually works, I think Verizon is head and shoulders above the rest. I could depend on the Verizon data connection working when I needed it. The Cingular data connection is more like T-Mobile that I used for years, sometimes it works, most times it takes multiple tries to work.

If I didn't love the 750 form factor so much, I'd immediately dump Cingular and go back to using Verizon. Right now it's a tough call for me. My biggest headaches though are probably the bluetooth connection between the 750 and my car. It's not reliable and many times when it looks like it's working but it's not. If I could get that working reliably I'd be much happier. On the plus side for Cingular, I will say that with a reasonable UMTS signal, the voice clearly sounds better than GSM or CDMA to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    I just placed an order for the Treo 750v. I selected 2 day delivery. I hope they are reputable. I just dropped $750 bucks. I am selling my month old Treo 700wx.
    How was your experince with CTI, would you recommend them?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The phone app does NOT have the speakerphone and mute buttons that the 700wx has. I was very surprised by this since I saw an interview with a Palm representative who said they were there. They aren't, it's just like the 700w..
    This really sucks. I'm ready to buy, I'll take WM5 over Palm OS any day for multi-tasking but is there really no way to mute or speakerphone a call?
    Quote Originally Posted by freit5 View Post
    This really sucks. I'm ready to buy, I'll take WM5 over Palm OS any day for multi-tasking but is there really no way to mute or speakerphone a call?
    There is a way for this. When in a call go to menu and then you can choose either.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    I agree with you that VZW coverage is top notch and with the 700p, they haven't ruined the UI as they have on the rest of their phone line-up. But, my problem is that the 700p outside of native VZW coverage is at best just a phone and at worst a paperweight. It doesn't work in too many places (like Vermont where I am 2-3x a month) and of course, it's useless outside the US. Even in places where there is CDMA coverage (like Bermuda, Peru, China), it's voice only--no data. So, I use TMO for the GSM footprint but there coverage is so poor in the US that I'm thinking of switching to Cingular. Are you more happy with Cingular than Tmo? Is the coverage as good as VZW? I've had good luch with TMO data as long as there is a signal (many places in CT, there's not much of one so I already carry my VZW phone with me so at least I have a phone).

Doug
  16.    #96  
    I haven't really had a chance to travel yet with the 750v. But in the Portland OR area, I would say that Cingular is at least as good as Verizon for voice coverage. Data coverage is much poorer for 3G data, but probably about the same for non-3G data. Coverage in my area for Cingular is far far better than T-Mobile. That's one of the reasons I decided to leave T-Mobile after 10 years with them (coverage and lack of 3G data). I do know that Cingular will charge a monthly fee for international roaming where T-Mobile does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I agree with you that VZW coverage is top notch and with the 700p, they haven't ruined the UI as they have on the rest of their phone line-up. But, my problem is that the 700p outside of native VZW coverage is at best just a phone and at worst a paperweight. It doesn't work in too many places (like Vermont where I am 2-3x a month) and of course, it's useless outside the US. Even in places where there is CDMA coverage (like Bermuda, Peru, China), it's voice only--no data. So, I use TMO for the GSM footprint but there coverage is so poor in the US that I'm thinking of switching to Cingular. Are you more happy with Cingular than Tmo? Is the coverage as good as VZW? I've had good luch with TMO data as long as there is a signal (many places in CT, there's not much of one so I already carry my VZW phone with me so at least I have a phone).

Doug
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    On my old Treo 650, I was able to assign speed dials to keyboard characters (e.g. Wife "R", Mom "M"). Is this also available on the 750v? If so, can it be accessed from the Today screen or does it need to happen in the dialer?
  18.    #98  
    In the today screen you can create speed dials and assign keys to them like you are doing. You can't assign speed dials or keys to web links or programs like on the 650. But for phone dialing, it's the same. You can also use photo speed dials so you can click on a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by phaijai View Post
    On my old Treo 650, I was able to assign speed dials to keyboard characters (e.g. Wife "R", Mom "M"). Is this also available on the 750v? If so, can it be accessed from the Today screen or does it need to happen in the dialer?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    In the today screen you can create speed dials and assign keys to them like you are doing. You can't assign speed dials or keys to web links or programs like on the 650. But for phone dialing, it's the same. You can also use photo speed dials so you can click on a picture.

Thanks for the response!
    is it noticably faster then the treo 700w?
    does it allow blackberry service on it? or similair?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast