Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by krludwig View Post
    Has anyone bought through CTI-Miami before? Are they a reputable dealer?

Also, if unlocked 750v's are now becoming available from actual vendors over here in the US, is that a sign that a Cingular announcement must be looming?

Keith
    I just placed an order for the Treo 750v. I selected 2 day delivery. I hope they are reputable. I just dropped $750 bucks. I am selling my month old Treo 700wx.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I'm just curious. For those purchasing the 750 in the states are you assuming there will be a firmware upgrade for these phones to enable HSPDA? What if cingular's version has HSPDA enabled from the start. How are you planning on enabling it on your phones? Or isn't that a concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm just curious. For those purchasing the 750 in the states are you assuming there will be a firmware upgrade for these phones to enable HSPDA? What if cingular's version has HSPDA enabled from the start. How are you planning on enabling it on your phones? Or isn't that a concern.
    I'm sure that there will be ROMS made available for people.
    I'm not sure about ordering through an importer. I'm not comfortable dropping $800 like that. Palm may sell it itself and I'd rather go through them for warranties and repairs, just in case.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm not sure about ordering through an importer. I'm not comfortable dropping $800 like that. Palm may sell it itself and I'd rather go through them for warranties and repairs, just in case.
    Does buying it through a importer wave any warranties on the phone itself? I would imagine Palm's warrenty is still valid? I understand Cingular will not support it.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    Does buying it through a importer wave any warranties on the phone itself? I would imagine Palm's warrenty is still valid? I understand Cingular will not support it.
    No, it shouldn't. I bought my KJAM through MadMonkeyBoy and I have gotten Imate service.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    No, it shouldn't. I bought my KJAM through MadMonkeyBoy and I have gotten Imate service.
    What do you mean Imate service? How is the KJAM in general?
    Brian McGuire
    Nevermind, just checked out imate.com.
    Brian McGuire
    Nice review.
    I m just thinking about replacing my 650.
    I didint see anyone talking about the 240x240 screen on 750. It should be a concern ?
    The image quality isnt so bad than 650 ??

Rgds,
    I just placed an order for the Treo 750v. I selected 2 day delivery. I hope they are reputable. I just dropped $750 bucks. I am selling my month old Treo 700wx.
    brmcguire,

This phone by CTI is unlocked ?
  11. tcs
    Great review, bcaslis! But, does it have any protrusion on the Mini-SD WiFi? Since the slot for the mini SD is on the side and it has cover on it. It will be ackward to have the Mini SD Wifi on the side while holding the Treo.

Would like to know more about the sound quality and phone reciption quality. Great to know htat voice dialing over BT is working, not manny WM5 can do that.

Would like to know about battery life. Some simple testing like playing music for non-stop hours with screen off most of the time. Hopefully it k last 10 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by treoput View Post
    brmcguire,

This phone by CTI is unlocked ?
    Yeah, the site says all the phones they sell are unlocked. In the event it is not, then I have seen other options on the internet to get it unlocked.
    Brian McGuire
  13.    #33  
    If you follow the link to my website there are a number of photos. One of the last ones shows the wifi card in. It does stick out quite a bit along with the opened slot hatch sticking out.

More info on reception and battery use in a couple of days once I've gotten a chance to use it more. Tomorrow will be the first "normal" day with it so we will see how it does. With a Verizon 700p I normally just make it through the day on one battery.

Quote Originally Posted by tcs View Post
    Great review, bcaslis! But, does it have any protrusion on the Mini-SD WiFi? Since the slot for the mini SD is on the side and it has cover on it. It will be ackward to have the Mini SD Wifi on the side while holding the Treo.

Would like to know more about the sound quality and phone reciption quality. Great to know htat voice dialing over BT is working, not manny WM5 can do that.

Would like to know about battery life. Some simple testing like playing music for non-stop hours with screen off most of the time. Hopefully it k last 10 hours
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Yeah, the site says all the phones they sell are unlocked. In the event it is not, then I have seen other options on the internet to get it unlocked.
    Please let us know about your order status.

Rgds,
    Quote Originally Posted by treoput View Post
    Please let us know about your order status.

Rgds,
    I will post as soon as I get it. I will probably call them tomorrow to check in and actually hear a human voice. I will confirm that its unlocked as well. I never ordered from a importer before, so I am treading some new ground.
    Brian McGuire
  16. tcs
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    If you follow the link to my website there are a number of photos. One of the last ones shows the wifi card in. It does stick out quite a bit along with the opened slot hatch sticking out.

More info on reception and battery use in a couple of days once I've gotten a chance to use it more. Tomorrow will be the first "normal" day with it so we will see how it does. With a Verizon 700p I normally just make it through the day on one battery.
    That's rather annoying. Do you think it affects your much?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Im currently lost between this and the treo 680. Having previously used most hign end PDA's (currently having the 838 pro and o2 Exec), im currently confused between my next PDA phone. The reason im using the hermes and exec is funny for you power users, because weirdly i dont use 3G, no web browing no push emails etc. Just standard games and sms and lots of phone calls and picture viewing. So i bought these devices just because they are the latest in technology without knowing their capabilities.

As most of you know, these devices are not very user friendly!! Its hard to reply to short text messages and even more difficult for calling (especially the o2 exec). Thus planning on my next phone between 750v and 680.

what i require to use is

-lots of sms
    -lots of calls
    -lots of alarm clocks
    -abit calender
    -screen brightness and quality (is the screen really that far between 240-240 n 320-320? how bout brightness as the execs brightness is crappy even though its VGA)
    -nicer UI in terms of design and user friendlyness. As imentioned im not a power user just games etc.
    -no use for camera as i have digicam. Camera just need good enough for on screen viewing
    -no use of 3G or HSPDA or edge etc (GPRS is enough for me)
    -no use of email capabilities
    -must have good build quality
    -geekness factor!!! Thats the reason im buying all these devices instead of the N series. I cant live without touch screen!!

Thats it guys please i need your opinions before deciding one. Not that its released at the moment anyway but i cant wait to replace my o2 EXEC!!!
    hey how are you liking those motorola headphones
    Quote Originally Posted by tuyulaneh View Post
    Im currently lost between this and the treo 680. Having previously used most hign end PDA's (currently having the 838 pro and o2 Exec), im currently confused between my next PDA phone. The reason im using the hermes and exec is funny for you power users, because weirdly i dont use 3G, no web browing no push emails etc. Just standard games and sms and lots of phone calls and picture viewing. So i bought these devices just because they are the latest in technology without knowing their capabilities.

As most of you know, these devices are not very user friendly!! Its hard to reply to short text messages and even more difficult for calling (especially the o2 exec). Thus planning on my next phone between 750v and 680.

what i require to use is

-lots of sms
    -lots of calls
    -lots of alarm clocks
    -abit calender
    -screen brightness and quality (is the screen really that far between 240-240 n 320-320? how bout brightness as the execs brightness is crappy even though its VGA)
    -nicer UI in terms of design and user friendlyness. As imentioned im not a power user just games etc.
    -no use for camera as i have digicam. Camera just need good enough for on screen viewing
    -no use of 3G or HSPDA or edge etc (GPRS is enough for me)
    -no use of email capabilities
    -must have good build quality
    -geekness factor!!! Thats the reason im buying all these devices instead of the N series. I cant live without touch screen!!

Thats it guys please i need your opinions before deciding one. Not that its released at the moment anyway but i cant wait to replace my o2 EXEC!!!
    I can't speak for the 750 side of your dilemma, but it seems to me that the PalmOS 680 would handle everything on your hit parade with aplomb. The 700w/wx screen is certainly OK--maybe even better than OK, but when you look at a 320x320 screen (or another Windows Mobile device with the 320x240 screen) you can really tell Choice A from Choice B.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    hey how are you liking those motorola headphones
    I just replaced my Moto 820's with a pair of NextLink Spiders. The Moto's were nice and worked exactly as advertised with my KJAM. However, the bulk of the Moto's were just too much. They also get very uncomfortable after long periods of wearing them. The NextLinks are a bit smaller and less bulky and definately not as uncomfortable to wear.

Just my .02.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast