1.    #1  
    Hello,

I had recently been given a Treo 700w as a gift, and as a gadgeteer of sorts, I don't want to rid myself of it though I don't use Verizon as a service provider. So I'm looking to give it a new lease on life. First and formost, I'd like to disable any phone capabilities built into WM 5.0. Then, in order of importance, I'd like to give it web/email access, record voice memos, use it as a media/music player, and keep it bedside as an alarm clock. That seems reasonable enough for such a sophisticated little machine, but I can't seem to do any of these things since I haven't signed a Verizon contract.

Has anyone here "rebirthed" their 700w similarly?
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Why not eBay it and purchase a phone that will work with your current service provider? The 700W doesn't have Wifi so you're pretty much SOL for web/email access without phone service.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    Why not eBay it and purchase a phone that will work with your current service provider? The 700W doesn't have Wifi so you're pretty much SOL for web/email access without phone service.
    From what I can gather, Socket's Go Wi-Fi P300 has a few issues but is generally usable as a wi-fi card for the 700w. So, I can make it work within my wireless home for about $100.

Oh, and as far as I know, T-Mobile and Palm are not bedfellows!
    Look into the Audiovox PPC 6700.
    Just sell it and get one on your network. Its not worth the effort not too mention buying a WiFI card for it. Ebay it and get one on your network. If your contract is up you probably won't have to pay a red cent to get the new phone.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    If you're on t-mobile your choice is either the T-mobile MDA or Cingular 8125. They're cheaper than the 700w so you might still have money left to buy accessories, software, or whatever u like.