Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57
  1.    #1  
    Anyone want to start off recommending some must have software for our new phones
  2. #2  
    Chris,

    Standard fare for any WM5 device.

    1. PocketInformant
    2. Tweaks2k
    3. Pocket Breeze <- Personal favorite
    4. A good task manager <- I'll probably stick with Spb Pocket Plus for the program launcher and mappable key functions (OK to really close).
    5. PocketMusic
    6. SKTools and MemMaid <- Even if you get SK just for the program uninstall function, it's worth it!
    7. a6 Times <- I am really enjoying this particular RSS app. There's many out there though - take your pick.
    8. Resco Explorer <- a must have!
    9. GSPocketMagic <- love having a hierarchy start menu with a task manager
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Chris,
    1. PocketInformant
    I was keen to get PI on my 750v. I removed it aver two days because it wastes screen space on the Treo. There was not much space left to display calendar information.

    I am still waiting for an calendar applicataion which is really compatible to the Treo's small screen.
  4. #4  
    for a smaller calendar that you can edit, change font size, etc... try TodayAgenda.

    http://tiews.info/index.php?show=software%2Ftodayagenda
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DerNik View Post
    I was keen to get PI on my 750v. I removed it aver two days because it wastes screen space on the Treo. There was not much space left to display calendar information.

    I am still waiting for an calendar applicataion which is really compatible to the Treo's small screen.
    Hmmm....looks good enough to me....



    And for a Todays screen plugin, there is no better PIM app than PocketBreeze. Interfaces great with standard PIM, PI, Agenda Fusion. The customization features alone make it unbeatable.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  6. #6  
    Oh and if you are going to use PIE, then PIEPlus is another must have. I switched back to PIE (using PIEPlus) after using Opera. After making the OpenDNS server changes to my device, using PIE with PIEPlus is a great browsing experience. The full screen mode of PIEPlus would be great on the cramped Treo screen.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Hmmm....looks good enough to me....
    If you are sadisfied with PI, could you please post as screenshot of the week view. I haven't found a option to configure this view to show more than one appointment per day.

    I am really interested in learning more about this.

    However, it seems that I have to play more with today plug ins to get better access to my calendar data.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DerNik View Post
    If you are sadisfied with PI, could you please post as screenshot of the week view. I haven't found a option to configure this view to show more than one appointment per day.

    I am really interested in learning more about this.

    However, it seems that I have to play more with today plug ins to get better access to my calendar data.
    Check out WebIS site for various screen shots:

    http://webis.net/products_info.php?p...PI_Treo002.png
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  9. #9  
    I agree on PocketBreeze and Resco Explorer. Both GREAT programs. I'm also a fan of SPB Backup and SPB Finance. TCPMP for entertainment needs, and FlexWallet/eWallet for secured personal info.
  10. #10  
    Would you recommend SPB Backup over Sprite Backup? Any reasons why? I'm a WM5 backup novice and I think this is a critical software piece so that's why I'm asking.

    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I agree on PocketBreeze and Resco Explorer. Both GREAT programs. I'm also a fan of SPB Backup and SPB Finance. TCPMP for entertainment needs, and FlexWallet/eWallet for secured personal info.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11. #11  
    A few favorites of mine are:

    - Newsbreak (http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/nw/newsbreak.htm)
    - MobiTV
    - Pocket Express (but slow on WM5)
    - Pocket Plus
    - phoneAlarm (http://www.pocketmax.net/)
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  12. #12  
    JGold, can you navigate PI with just the dpad now? I tried it awhile ago on the 700w and found that you could navigate with the 5-way but still had to use the stylus for some things.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    JGold, can you navigate PI with just the dpad now? I tried it awhile ago on the 700w and found that you could navigate with the 5-way but still had to use the stylus for some things.
    Yep! Of course, I haven't tried every single function, but for most things the d-pad and keyboard is enough.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  14. #14  
    So what exactly does Resco Explorer do other than a better File Explorer? Not criticizing, just trying to learn. I looked at it but it wasn't immediately obvious to me what the advantage was.

    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I agree on PocketBreeze and Resco Explorer. Both GREAT programs. I'm also a fan of SPB Backup and SPB Finance. TCPMP for entertainment needs, and FlexWallet/eWallet for secured personal info.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  15. #15  
    Resco Explorer provides these features:

    Key Features

    * Recycle Bin
    * Today Plugin
    * Multi-language user interface
    * Navigation without stylus
    * Press'n'hold context menu
    * square screen devices supported
    * FTP add-in
    * send files via Bluetooth
    * send more files via IrDA (OBEX)
    * format storage card(s)
    * System info
    * Drag'n'Drop feature
    * search file/text in file
    * quick "send to folder"
    * favorites — quick folder access
    * ZIP compression
    * built-in viewer (text, jpg, png, bmp, gif...)
    * registry editor (import/export/search)
    * network browser
    * file association
    * strong file encryption
    * encryption add-in for desktop PC
    * "Send To" add-in for desktop PC

    Resco makes it for the Palm OS as well.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  16. #16  
    Brian,

    You beat me to it! Pretty much everything is covered above. Another small advantage is the ability to edit the file location of a .lnk (shortcut) file. Always very helpful if you move an application from one place to another and want to keep the existing shortcut.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  17. #17  
    700wx hacks I love, it should work on the 750v

    http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc670...App.aspx?ID=41

    You can change a lot of things.
    Jimmie Geddes
  18. #18  
    The App I use the most on my T650 is Agendus and I sync to Outlook. Will I be able to just import that data to Pocket Informant or another app similar to Agendus on the 750v from Outlook?

    Thanks,
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    The App I use the most on my T650 is Agendus and I sync to Outlook. Will I be able to just import that data to Pocket Informant or another app similar to Agendus on the 750v from Outlook?

    Thanks,
    PIM apps like PI or Agenda Fusion use the native Outlook databases that the built-in PIM apps use. Just sync your device with Outlook and you're good to go!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Would you recommend SPB Backup over Sprite Backup? Any reasons why? I'm a WM5 backup novice and I think this is a critical software piece so that's why I'm asking.
    I've never used Sprite backupbecause I found that spb did a great job. Spb also has a backup tool for your desktop where you can actually extract data from within a backup file. Great feature.

    And thanks for answering the Resco ? for me, brmcguire
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions