Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/main.asp

I just read the latest electronic version of Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine's 2006 Buyer's guide which came out (electronically) yesterday. (I subscribe to the electronic version.)
    They rate the best software in every category (a LOT of categories) and runner up. I recommend the magazine and this issue for anyone getting a new WM5 "Pocket PC" Treo.

Here's one of many similar threads on Howard Forums that I recently contributed to if you want an additional place to look:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1012321
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    How about...

1. An app that allows highlighting/selecting of text via shift+dpad (e.g. TreoSelecText on the Treo 650)?

2. An app that extends the available hardkey combinations (e.g. assign an app to the press & hold function of the start key)?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow View Post
    How about...
    2. An app that extends the available hardkey combinations (e.g. assign an app to the press & hold function of the start key)?
    VitoButtonMapper?

http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/pro...tonmapper.html
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Looks interesting. Anyone brave enough to have tried it on their 750?

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    A couple of discoveries (for me at least) for anyone looking for software:

1.) Pocket Informant Calendar (http://www.pocketinformant.com). They have released just the Calendar portion of PI. The good thing for me is now you can use this for calendar but still keep the built-in contacts. Still a bit more program than I want but the built-in is just so poor.

2.) TodayAgenda (http://tiews.info/). A calendar plug-in for the today screen to show as little or as much as you want. For me, I want something minimal like the show appointment in the phone app of the 650. Everything wants to show way too much stuff and use the whole today screen. With this I can set it in compact mode for one day and it does a better job than the built-in. As I see it seems to be free, I don't see any way to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Looks interesting. Anyone brave enough to have tried it on their 750?
    I never tried Vito but I swear by AE Button Plus. Only $7.99 and besides being a button mapper (4 functions per button, even create new buttons) it has built in functions like task manger, action list, wifi or BT on/off, etc. really great developer too.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I am currently on the trial of AE Button Plus on my 700wx and its pretty sweet.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Is AE Button Plus stable/safe? Looks like some desireable functions but also looks like it could mess things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post

I just read the latest electronic version of Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine's 2006 Buyer's guide which came out (electronically) yesterday. (I subscribe to the electronic version.)
    They rate the best software in every category (a LOT of categories) and runner up. I recommend the magazine and this issue for anyone getting a new WM5 "Pocket PC" Treo.

Here's one of many similar threads on Howard Forums that I recently contributed to if you want an additional place to look:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1012321
    Thank You!
    Just call me Berd.
    Is AE Button Plus stable/safe? Looks like some desireable functions but also looks like it could mess things up.
    I've only been using it for a few days, but it hasn't caused any stability issues so far.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Has anyone found PI is hard to read on the square screen? I tried to adjust the font size which is a little better now, but it would also make the whole screen look really busy. Not to mention the top Start menu bar and bottom soft key bar makes the whole screen even smaller. Making it full screen helps but i can't seem to configure it to go to full screen all the time.

Anybody got recommendation for other calendar program that's easy on the eye? (Already tried the built in calendar and Agenda Fusion).
    Unfortunately not that I have seen. I've tried a few others but I didn't find them any better unfortunately. Seems to me most WM developers focus on pouring more stuff into an app rather than making it more useable.
    I've run it on a 6700 and 700wx. Not one issue. It's incredibly stable.

I did find Vito button mapper "more intrusive" (e.g. in overtakes the system buttons through windows) but that was back in 2003, not sure about now. AE doesn't replace the default system, merely runs on top of it, so it doesn't make any permanent changes to the device. It has one config file and it is found with all of it's files under \Programs Files\AEButton plus.

As far as calender, nothing comes close IMO to TodayAgenda 0.9.2, which is free and amazingly customizable. Tiny too.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I like SPB PocketPlus and am a registered owner, I have not installed this yet on my 750V because of a couple of reasons

typically it has slowed down my WM5 devices in the past

The Treo 750V has its own quick access to running programs ( hold down the "OK" button) this will get you to running programs

I know that PocketPlus shuts programs down on close, but has anyone got feedback on this program on the 750V?

I never thought that the negatives of a big footprint and slowing down the machine outweighed the the few positives of the eye candy and the few redeeeming features
    FYI, DeveloperOne has just released AgendaOne for PocketPC and smartphones. I really like this at first look. It's not nearly as powerful as PI and AgendaFusion but it's a great better calendar than the built-in one. I'm VERY tempted to buy this and toss Pocket Informant Calendar. Much smaller and seems a bit faster. Looks very much like a much more complete and grown-up version of the calendar. A little expensive for the function but strikes a nice balance between features and ease of use. Much better one handed operation than PI!
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    I like SPB PocketPlus and am a registered owner, I have not installed this yet on my 750V because of a couple of reasons

typically it has slowed down my WM5 devices in the past

The Treo 750V has its own quick access to running programs ( hold down the "OK" button) this will get you to running programs

I know that PocketPlus shuts programs down on close, but has anyone got feedback on this program on the 750V?

I never thought that the negatives of a big footprint and slowing down the machine outweighed the the few positives of the eye candy and the few redeeeming features
    I have Pocket plus installed on my Treo. It works perfectly. It is not slower by any means. There is one bug with the volume buttons but that is solved easily. There is a fix on spbclub.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    TodayAgenda is very nice. Coupled with Agenda One or Pocket Informant Calendar it makes a very complete calendar solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    As far as calender, nothing comes close IMO to TodayAgenda 0.9.2, which is free and amazingly customizable. Tiny too.
    Guys/Gals
    What's the best IM software that supports Xbox Live Gamertags. This usually works on Messenger.
    Also I used to have the AOL software on my Treo 650. Is there something similar for the 750V
    Thanks !
    TodayAgenda is very nice. Coupled with Agenda One or Pocket Informant Calendar it makes a very complete calendar solution.
    With TodayAgenda, can you actually complete a task directly from the today screen like you can with PocketBreeze?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster View Post
    Guys/Gals
    What's the best IM software that supports Xbox Live Gamertags. This usually works on Messenger.
    Also I used to have the AOL software on my Treo 650. Is there something similar for the 750V
    Thanks !
    I think one of the best IM software is the IM+ by shapeservices.com. It work fine for me with my Treo 750v. But I don't know if it suppoet the Xbox Live Gamertags.

A.W
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast