Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Sidekick can go up to 1.5 days without being charged. At the rate my Treo battery is going, by the time the end of the day arrives, I won't have enough juice to get me through the night.

Is this typical battery life for the Treo? My internet is on most of the day to check email every 15 mins, but I haven't talked much at all. Did I get a bad battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    My Sidekick can go up to 1.5 days without being charged. At the rate my Treo battery is going, by the time the end of the day arrives, I won't have enough juice to get me through the night.

Is this typical battery life for the Treo? My internet is on most of the day to check email every 15 mins, but I haven't talked much at all. Did I get a bad battery?
    I think you have a bad battery OR your battery's meter may be off. I know on my 600 when that happens I do a "battery reset" and it re-synchs the meter with the actual battery charge.
  3.    #3  
    How do you do a "battery reset"?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Robodude,

Checking e-mail ofter will make your battery go down quicker. Also, if you have bluetooth on, that will drain it. And third, you can turn your beam off (Start | Settings | Connections | Beam) which will save some battery.

Greg
    Also, not sure how long you had your phone but the battery could just be new. It needs a few complete charge/discharge before it gets better.

You could also be in a weak signal area and/or using 1x data connection. Both of these can use a lot of battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    How do you do a "battery reset"?
    Do a soft reset while connected to the charger.
  7.    #7  
    Just as I was suspecting the battery didn't make it through the whole day. The phone shut itself off in the afternoon. I'm charging it full and will try it again tomorrow... I did the battery reset.
    Last edited by robodude; 10/12/2006 at 07:13 PM.
    Mine dies every 4-5 hours when I have email checking on 5-10 min as well. Since I switched it to every 1 hour the battery has lasted about all day now.
    Try to think of it as half full.
    Might want to think about the 2400mAh extended battery. I wouldn't say I am a power user but I toy with it during the night while at work and after 10 hours I might be at 50%.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I was having the same problem, I got the phone 2 weeks ago and it only lasted about 5 hours with minimal talk, however I have it set to check my e-mail every 10 minutes. I then realized that I should set it to turn off after being idle for 1 minute. When the phone is "off" you can still receive calls, texts, e-mails, etc, and you can wake the phone by tapping the "end" key. Now my battery last about 2 days.
    Battery life is pathetic. My beam is off and so is BT off.
    I only get 4-5 hours. PATHETIC.
    ~* Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin View Post
    Battery life is pathetic. My beam is off and so is BT off.
    I only get 4-5 hours. PATHETIC.
    You should get almost get that in talk time. What do you have running? Do you turn off the screen when not using the phone? etc, etc?
    My battery lasts me about 48 hours and this includes hundreds of text and a good amount of internet usage, granted I am always in EVDO coverage and I have the Seidio extended battery.
    My battery lasts about 16 hours with 4 2 minute calls, 1 hour internet time, email sync every 15 minutes, 5 text massages a day, 2 hours looking up info in reference programs, bluetooth and discoverable off, no EV in the Sticks, Missouri, backlight/device/ everything set to "Off after 1 minute".
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I am running Goodlink for the email and receive approximately 30 a day...a few text messages a day...backlight set to 30 seconds...screen off after 1 minute...make / receive 5 to 10 calls a day with varying length...surf the web several times a day...varying alarms with sound and vibrate on throughout day...and have bluetooth on / beam off.

I go two days on a charge and am using the "stock" battery. Treo is about 2 months old.

IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
  17.    #17  
    Ok, my battery did a little better today, but it still doesn't seem to be right. I may have to exchange it... any other ideas?
  18.    #18  
    It seems there's a big difference in battery life from user to user. I wonder if there's a quality control issue...
    When I was checking my email every few minutes (i had it set to 5), my battery only lasted 1/2 day. When I set my email to sync to an exchange account (I was trying 4smartphone), it would last an entire day. I get a 100-200 emails a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy8 View Post
    When I was checking my email every few minutes (i had it set to 5), my battery only lasted 1/2 day. When I set my email to sync to an exchange account (I was trying 4smartphone), it would last an entire day. I get a 100-200 emails a day.
    I use mail2web for my gmail. It pushes my mail with exhange and also have no battery problems. It might come down to how often people are grabbing email and other small things.
    Last edited by D1G1T4L; 10/13/2006 at 07:00 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast