Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Usually when you hard reset it asks you to pick a language. I would hard reset and see in you can change it to english there.

Quote Originally Posted by nhatkhoa View Post
    I has just unlocked my treo 750v locked to 3G network

I bought the unlock instructions ( only 19.99$ ) , provide them my Imei number and they give me a key file ( file *.unl )

I use a data cable and unlock it using a software they provided and this key file within 5 minutes . it worked great now

You can buy it from ebay cheaper than other website such as imei-check.co.uk . they sell it at 38$ each. on ebay only 19.99$

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-17...nlock+treo+750

I'm looking for some one can provide me a English Rom . my treo is in Frence now. If you got it. please send me a PM. Thanks

If you wanna have this key file to reasearch for a free unlocking method for people, contact me and i'll email you. Notes that in the program said thay" each imei have a difference key file ..." so it think it will not works with your phone .
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Anyone know if the 750v can sync well with mac?
    Yes, read the review I did, I'm using it with Missing Sync with Windows Mobile. Since I wrote my initial review (Missing Sync 2.5.1) they have released 3.0. It's much better, supports syncing contact photos, notes, pictures, and itunes MP3s. A really good product now. I synch both with USB and bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiller View Post
    Anyone know if the 750v can sync well with mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Keep us updated! If this is really true I will definitely do it!
    Please excuse me if this is a stupid question. I thought if you bought a 750 here in the US from Phonesource, they were already unlocked, I just ordered one, would I have to get it unlocked again? BCASLIS, did you buy yours here, was it unlocked?
    Thanks
    If it's already unlocked then you don't need to unlock it again.

I bought two. One from Phonesource which came unlocked. I also bought one from an ebay seller in the U.K. That one was locked so I needed to use www.imei-check.co.uk to unlock that one. Now they are both unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Treobangla View Post
    Please excuse me if this is a stupid question. I thought if you bought a 750 here in the US from Phonesource, they were already unlocked, I just ordered one, would I have to get it unlocked again? BCASLIS, did you buy yours here, was it unlocked?
    Thanks
    Removed
    Last edited by Markmat; 11/15/2006 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Found the link I was looking for!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Usually when you hard reset it asks you to pick a language. I would hard reset and see in you can change it to english there.
    Please let me know how to hard reset this treo 750 ?

Sorry for stupid question
    I believe this is in the manual, but push and hold the red power button then press the reset button under the mini-SD cover. Release the reset button while still holding the power button. Hold the power button for a few seconds then let go of it. On the screen you should see a graphic asking if you to erase the unit. Push up on the d-pad button to erase, down to cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by nhatkhoa View Post
    Please let me know how to hard reset this treo 750 ?

Sorry for stupid question
    Thank you for teaching me how to hard reset. However, i tried hard reset it but can't change language to English cause i doesn't see anywhere to change at all.
    Hi
    I have the unlock code for my vodafone treo. I got it from the ebay seller who sold me the phone. I got a message when I turned on the phone to enter the code but when I put it in it said wrong code. Are there any other steps I need to follow to unlock the phone. How do I use it to actually unlock?
    when i tried to unlock the phone, it says needs to say USB on the bottom of the 3 color screen, mine says serial. will not run the program!! am I doing something wrong?
    got it to work, my comp wasn't recognizing the usb, just a quick driver update and it worked. Only other question is will a hard reset lock it back up?
    A hard reset won't lock it up again. You would have to reflash a lock on to it.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Yes, I've hard reset several times since unlocking the 750v and it remains unlocked.
    I have just unlocked my phone with a view to using Tmobile in the UK.

However, I have noticed that my battery usage has increased hugely since I ran the unlock program.

Has anyone else come across this?

I was looking to see if I could work out what was happening and in wisebar it gives me a list of "Currently running windows". Amongst these is something called FAKEIMEUI, which appears 3 times.

Whilst I have no real knowledge of these things it implies to me that in order for this unlock process to work something needs to permanently run in the background to fool the phone in to thinking it is unlocked rather than just removing the lock completely.

Does anyone have any views on this? and is it possible that this is causing my sudden increase in battery usage? It seems rather too much of a coincidence that the usage increases so much at the same time that I unlocked it.

Cheers

Paul
    How did you unlock it? I used imei-check.co.uk and it appeared to be writing to flash rom to unlock it. I don't see anything running other than the normal processes for the phone. This doesn't look right at all.

Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    I have just unlocked my phone with a view to using Tmobile in the UK.

However, I have noticed that my battery usage has increased hugely since I ran the unlock program.

Has anyone else come across this?

I was looking to see if I could work out what was happening and in wisebar it gives me a list of "Currently running windows". Amongst these is something called FAKEIMEUI, which appears 3 times.

Whilst I have no real knowledge of these things it implies to me that in order for this unlock process to work something needs to permanently run in the background to fool the phone in to thinking it is unlocked rather than just removing the lock completely.

Does anyone have any views on this? and is it possible that this is causing my sudden increase in battery usage? It seems rather too much of a coincidence that the usage increases so much at the same time that I unlocked it.

Cheers

Paul
    I unlocked it using imei-check.co.uk.

It shows up if I look in Wisebar settings/Tasks/Add

this gives me a list that is described as "currently running windows"

in this list are all sorts of things including this FakeIMEUI It shows up 12 times as I write.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with my battery usage but it is still intriguing.
  18. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    I don't think FAKEIMEUI is necessarily related to the unlock, apart from it coincidentally having the letters IMEI in it. A search on Google shows that it's a general label given to any window that WM can't specifically name.
    I got ny 750 last week and called yesterday to get the unlock code from Cingular International, gave them my IMEI number and got the code in 2 minutes from them. I have 2 8525, one is unlocked and one that is pending the unock code.

For whatever reason they have some in customer service and some they need to send for.

I have no issues and no push back at all. I was expecting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
    Well just a heads up, i emailed this company today and they say they can unlock a Treo 750V so i have sent them my imei no and should have an unlock code in 24-48 hrs it costs 25.00 but its better than waiting 2-3 weeks that vodafone are stating minimum

I will give you an update when i get the code

http://www.unlockitnow.com/Palmone/Treo%20750v.php

Cheers
    Chris

allo chrissyboy....
    do you know link upgrade for treo 750v, because my treo can't sending mms, so what's the problem? my gprs ins alreadry activated and my connection is good, but for sending mms only 10% after that can't sending again. why.......?before iam sorry if my language not good.
    thanx's for your help.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast