I've just upgraded from a 650 to a 750 and am currently kitting the 750 out with accessories. I had a high capacity extended battery for my 650 which almost doubled the talk and standby times. Don't get me wrong -- the 750 battery life is perfectly acceptable, but I'd love to get double the juice out of it by buying a high capacity version.

I got in touch with a company called Boxwave. They tell me that, while they don't currently make a high capacity version of their "Electraspan" battery for the 750, which they supply for the T650 and 700, they would certainly consider adding it if enough people fill out the request form here:
    www.boxwave.com/community/request/index.htm

Would anyone in the same boat as me please check the "Electraspan" box on that page and submit a request for a 750 battery? (Or if anyone knows where else I can get one, do shout up!)
    Done!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Seidio is working on the extended batteries for 750V.
  4. tcs
    Cool! Hopefully able to work out a 2400mAH battery for treo 750v BUT same size as original battery!

I am using Treo 650 with seido extended battery, brilliant!
    FYI the Seido battery DOES fit the 750, but you cant put the battery cover on. So its a good for an emergency.
    If you can't put the battery cover on it doesn't fit. You don't want to be walking around and have the battery fall out!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    FYI the Seido battery DOES fit the 750, but you cant put the battery cover on. So its a good for an emergency.
    If you cant put the battery cover on then it really doesn't fit. Heck if you need a battery in an emergency then just buy another 750v specific battery.

Don't worry guys, the Treo 3rd party market is tremendous. Someone will have that extended battery that "fits" soon enough. Until that time I would recommend carrying an extra in your bag, pocket, whatever.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Do you know anywhere to get another 750 battery? Palm US doesn't have it yet, it seems the european site has it but I don't think you can order from there from a U.S. address.

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    If you cant put the battery cover on then it really doesn't fit. Heck if you need a battery in an emergency then just buy another 750v specific battery.

Don't worry guys, the Treo 3rd party market is tremendous. Someone will have that extended battery that "fits" soon enough. Until that time I would recommend carrying an extra in your bag, pocket, whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Do you know anywhere to get another 750 battery? Palm US doesn't have it yet, it seems the european site has it but I don't think you can order from there from a U.S. address.
    How about Expansys (UK)?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by chen View Post
    I've just upgraded from a 650 to a 750 and am currently kitting the 750 out with accessories. I had a high capacity extended battery for my 650 which almost doubled the talk and standby times. Don't get me wrong -- the 750 battery life is perfectly acceptable, but I'd love to get double the juice out of it by buying a high capacity version.

I got in touch with a company called Boxwave. They tell me that, while they don't currently make a high capacity version of their "Electraspan" battery for the 750, which they supply for the T650 and 700, they would certainly consider adding it if enough people fill out the request form here:
    www.boxwave.com/community/request/index.htm

Would anyone in the same boat as me please check the "Electraspan" box on that page and submit a request for a 750 battery? (Or if anyone knows where else I can get one, do shout up!)
    From the picture at Boxwave's website this battery will not require a new battery cover? it fits where the original does and doesn't add bulge?
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I hope they are available soon, I will certinly buy one the day they are released! (so long as its at least 50% better than the standard!)
    I use 2400mAh for my faithful t650 (ready to depart)....

But for WM 5.0 we need a >3000 mAh battery.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I hope they are available soon, I will certinly buy one the day they are released! (so long as its at least 50% better than the standard!)
    That may be asking for a lot ... we'll have to see what Seidio can come up with. For reference we can note that their extended battery for the 650-compatibles has 33% greater capacity than stock.
    Why don't they just release a 750v battery cover for it considering the 650 one fits?
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Will this same battery be compatible with the 680, or is Seidio working on a separate battery for the 680?
    why not just keep one of these in the car? it would also be a backup for camera and other devices http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i...artner=froogle
    Because it is simply not as convenient as having a spare battery for the device itself. While being able to charge the battery is good, its not very good if you want to be making call's and whatnot. I have tried a device like this before, and I hardly ever used it.
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit