1.    #1  
    I figure I can't be the only one who uses On Demand, so for the one other guy, I have a question.

does your auto updates work? I have tried different settings like " every 12 hours starting at 5 am" and then I did a custom of a certain time and day. neither realy seem to work. I get an update like 1 out of 10 times that I should.

at least for the 2 months that I had the 700p (june and july) the updates worked fine on that device. on the 700wx since sept 1st the updates aren't working. I am wondering if it is my phone, the wx in general, or the on demand servers?

anyone have any ideas?

I still use this app everyday but would really like it if it worked like is was suppose to.

thanks, cody
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I figure I can't be the only one who uses On Demand, so for the one other guy, I have a question.

does your auto updates work? I have tried different settings like " every 12 hours starting at 5 am" and then I did a custom of a certain time and day. neither realy seem to work. I get an update like 1 out of 10 times that I should.

at least for the 2 months that I had the 700p (june and july) the updates worked fine on that device. on the 700wx since sept 1st the updates aren't working. I am wondering if it is my phone, the wx in general, or the on demand servers?

anyone have any ideas?

I still use this app everyday but would really like it if it worked like is was suppose to.

thanks, cody
    I use it occasionally, not that often. I don't think auto updates ever worked though.

Bob
  3.    #3  
    it worked two months ago on the 700p.
  4.    #4  
    so no one uses on demand or no one cares. can anyone say there auto updates work?

i think this is a nother wx bug.
    I might be tempted to check this out for you if had a reason to. I'm a little leery of even tapping that icon. When I did on the p it went threw some 20 minute install setup process that I feared took up space and created bugs. I checked out the map function, had a good laugh then had nothing but trouble with the p until I gave it back to palm. So what is on demand good for, I mean, I'll open it and check the auto update thing if there is something in there worth using.
  6.    #6  
    I love the 411 program that lets you find people or businesses . you can then even add them to your contacts.

I also like the weather and the tv guide.

I use it everyday.
    Do you have to subscribe after a free period to use those services?
  8.    #8  
    news weather and sports are allways free. the others cost 4.99 a month. i pay for it cause i use it. if you dont use it much in the first month (trial) then dont buy. unless you have a lot of money, if so send some to me. lol
    OK, I'm checking it out now.
    OK it went threw its 30 minute install with 3 error messages. What can I check out first to see if updates work?
  11.    #11  
    on the weather part, there is a time stamp of the last update. this is where you can tell when the last update was. now on page one, hit menu and then hit " ondemand settings". now in the upper left hand conner you'll see "account" hit that and it will open another menu like box and you'll see " auto updates" here is where you can set when and how often auto updates happen. you have lots of choices here. one quick one is "custom". you can set it to auto update at a time that's just a few minutes from now. set the time and the day, wait until after that time and then go check the weather again. the time stamp will be the tell-tell.

thanks, cody
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It's updating as scheduled for me. I changed the settings several days ago to verifym and it's right on track.

Bob
    It updated right on schedule. I installed on internal. If you have anything you want me to check out, let me know.