1.    #1  
    I have been an avid user of Palm software on my Zire 71 for years. I love the wide variety of software available for Palm. I am already a Sprint customer with an old Sanyo phone. I am looking to combine the pda and the cell phone in one unit - the treo 700??. Or is it better to stay with 2 devices and just upgrade a phone and a pda?
    Questions:
    1. Should I combine the pda and the cell phone to one device or upgrade each device and keep them separate?
    2. If combine, should I switch to windows Treo 700wx or stay with Palm and get Treo 700 p? Can the Palm software be transfered to Windows?
    3. Is there another device other than Treo that would suffice?

I use my palm for contacts, appointments, notes, applications ( travel, finance, currency conversion, games, camera, mp3 player, store pictures. I use my cell phone for calls, contacts, modem for my lap top (3G) and mobile TV.
    Thanks in advance for advise.

Brenda
    I really lean toward one device. However, things must be taken in to consideration.

Battery life - one device only may leave you hanging, regardless of whether you have a spare battery or a charger always handy. I have a few Treos and a Nextel. At this time, the Nextel is my main phone and the 700p is my main PDA. I use the Nextel for a couple of hours a day and it zaps the battery, so I also have handy a second high capacity battery to change toward the latter part of the day. I also use a Bluetooth headset - the headset goes from 5:30a or so until 8p or so.

The 700p is charged as needed throughout the day and throughout the day it is heavily used - email (ChatterEmail), data collection (HanDBase), SMS, word processing/spread sheet (DTG).

Anyway, in the past I was a one device person - Treo 600; but with the heavy use of the above applications, the one device person needs two devices and it is a pain.

When I use one device, it is the Treo 700p and it does well. I can talk on the phone using the Bluetooth headset and hit the applications - it is just battery life that plagues me.

Ben
    If you have Palm software you wish to continue using then you'll need a Treo 700p. Assuming you like the Palm OS, there is no reason to switch to Windows with the Treo. I suggest trying one out and returning it within the trial period if you are not satisfied.
    drop palm os. you won't regret it.
    I've been a palm os user since the pilot, and imho, the WM5 OS on the treo is superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    If you have Palm software you wish to continue using then you'll need a Treo 700p. Assuming you like the Palm OS, there is no reason to switch to Windows with the Treo. I suggest trying one out and returning it within the trial period if you are not satisfied.
    Don't forget you can use all of your Palm OS apps with StyleTap, I use it on my 700wx. It helps you ween yourself off of Palm OS
    Jimmie Geddes