1.    #1  
    I tried out the treo 750v for 30 minutes at a Vodafone shop in London today..

Love the hardware - it really feels smaller than the 650 and the keyboard is wonderful. But even though they have done clever things with WM5, it still lags when you execute programs and I just don't like WM5. Its like wrestling with jelly - its all over the place. POS is simply easier to use and does what you want with 1 click every time. Its like MAC v's Windows.

Also, though bright, the screen isn't as clear because of reduced resolution - I found myself squinting to read web pages, while pictures look a little washed out. I also like to watch movies and on a small screen that loss of resolution is going to matter.

Finally the camera is a joke. 2 second lag after you press the shutter... Not 2 seconds to process, but it takes the picture 2 seconds after you push the shutter by which time the image (or you) may have moved significantly! I couldn't take a decent shot.

The only clear advantages are 3G (web was v fast), extra memory and multitasking. But for me, screen resolution and simplicity (which I need all the time on all apps) far outweigh 3G (which heavily drains the smaller battery) and multitasking which I need occassionally (and which on a fast phone for me isn't critical).

My verdict: if you are an intensive Palm Treo 650 user, this device is going to dissappoint you. Bottom line is, with 128mb memory and the same form factor, I can't wait for the Treo 680!!!
    thanks for the review
    Did they let you make any calls?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    My problem with the 680 is that it's going to be the same internals as the 650 but without a antenna. I understand that it's going to be in the same price range as the Moto Q, Blackberry Pearl and the Nokia E62. The 680 would of been a nice upgrade 2 years ago. I am a converted POS user to WM5, but I still miss some things on the POS.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    My problem with the 680 is that it's going to be the same internals as the 650 but without a antenna.
    What does this mean, the same internals?

Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    Bottom line is, with 128mb memory and the same form factor, I can't wait for the Treo 680!!!
    128mb?? I thought the 680 had 64mb? Confused...