1.    #1  
    I use to have this thing configured to get my email every 10 min. Then moved it to 60 because my batt would die. Now turned it off completely. I set thins in each of the email accounts but the thing insists on going out and getting my mail anyhow and running the batt down. WHY??? Where else could this be configured?

I can't stop it and this was a big problem when I was in Canada last month and got a huge data bill to retrieve spam. is there a way just to turn off the data connection without the phone. I am seriously considering just dropping the data service because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by programmergeek View Post
    I use to have this thing configured to get my email every 10 min. Then moved it to 60 because my batt would die. Now turned it off completely. I set thins in each of the email accounts but the thing insists on going out and getting my mail anyhow and running the batt down. WHY??? Where else could this be configured?

I can't stop it and this was a big problem when I was in Canada last month and got a huge data bill to retrieve spam. is there a way just to turn off the data connection without the phone. I am seriously considering just dropping the data service because of this.
    When I went to Canada I turned off the auto pull/check for pop email and the EV stayed in that square non-connected mode, but I wasn't running anything else like weather or explorer that would initiate a connection. I had no data charges. You can turn off data, but you need to call verizon to do it. I don't recall seeing a registry hack that would do it.
    You have to set your "send/receive" intervals in TWO places. In tools-options-advanced, AND in menu-delivery preferences. For some stupid, stupid reason they are independent of each other. Remember to do this for all the accounts you have.
    Just open outlook, make sure the account in question is on-screen, and follow steps above. MAKE SURE you are in the right account folders