1.    #1  
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=315

now don't get me wrong, treocentral is the best treo forum in the world, but with the addition to the treo on the xda site will just allow a lot of hackers and developers to work with our treo's this will be a BIG part in getting things like threaded sms for all wm5.0 phones, are bluetooth stack being rewiting so we can dial through bluetooth, and much more.

thanks for all of you who voice the request on there site. things are looking good for the treo wm5.0

thanks, cody
    this is huge, there are so many awesome developers on that site. If they can be convinced to work with the Treo, then we will be seeing LOTS of awesome apps. I think the Treo just hasn't taken off yet because WM5 for GSM was only made available last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    this is huge, there are so many awesome developers on that site. If they can be convinced to work with the Treo, then we will be seeing LOTS of awesome apps. I think the Treo just hasn't taken off yet because WM5 for GSM was only made available last week.
    Good news indeed! Now there will be more opportunities for apps like Smartskey (for Wizard devices). However, it should be noted that many of the cool little apps that people develop are WM5 apps, not specific to any one device. You can always find a gem in the development and hacks forum.

The key to this will be if the Treo takes off in sales globally. XDA won't do a hill of beans if no-one across the pond (and beyond) buys the device.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Good news indeed! Now there will be more opportunities for apps like Smartskey (for Wizard devices). However, it should be noted that many of the cool little apps that people develop are WM5 apps, not specific to any one device. You can always find a gem in the development and hacks forum.

The key to this will be if the Treo takes off in sales globally. XDA won't do a hill of beans if no-one across the pond (and beyond) buys the device.
    I was reading a review somewhere and it stated that the Treo is already the #1 selling business device for Voda. I can't recall where I saw this, but I know I read it. If its true, then I think we'll be seeing some great programs.
    I was reading a review somewhere and it stated that the Treo is already the #1 selling business device for Voda. I can't recall where I saw this, but I know I read it. If its true, then I think we'll be seeing some great programs.
    My only concern is the lack of Wifi and how it will affect long-term sales of the device "across the pond".
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  6.    #6  
    i'm sorry ,but the HTC Universal, Wizard, Prophet, ect are all wm5.0 on gsm. the apache by htc, sold in the united states as the ppc-6700 was the first wm5.0 phone in the united states. wm5.0 has been in the gsm market for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i'm sorry ,but the HTC Universal, Wizard, Prophet, ect are all wm5.0 on gsm. the apache by htc, sold in the united states as the ppc-6700 was the first wm5.0 phone in the united states. wm5.0 has been in the gsm market for a while.
    I think you might have read his post different than he intended.

I think he meant WM5 for GSM [Treo] was only made available last week.
    Just call me Berd.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think you might have read his post different than he intended.

I think he meant WM5 for GSM [Treo] was only made available last week.
    ok, I see what your saying. i'm sorry.

thanks correcting me, cody
  9. tcs
    Hopefully soon we will be able to customize Treo 750v like how we customized Treo 650. I really having fun by that :P