1.    #1  
    I am looking at getting a gps package for my 700wx. Is it the program or the receiver that affects the accuracy of display. I am looking for something that will put me right in my driveway not a mile off and that is somewhat fast. Can anyone post their experiences with receivers/ softwares as I'd like to get some pro's and con's before investing in the maps. Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    http://www.semsons.com/im5btgpswwig.html

this is the one I'm thinking about getting.. ne reviews or experiences? I hear iGuidance is the best way to go but receiver wise i haven't a clue. Ideas or suggestions are appreciated. also what window mount would you get? what is the 5" and 7" measuring? extension? height? width?

Thanks
    I use the GlobalSat BT-338 and iGuidance and and very happy with the combo. Runs very well on my wx. I am just trying to figure out the best mounting options for my wrangler right now as it does get a bit bumpy in it and does have a bit of a different interior.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    TOMTOM has been my friend since the Treo 600 and TT6 on WM5 is no exception!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    TOMTOM has been my friend since the Treo 600 and TT6 on WM5 is no exception!
    I wouldn't mind checking out TT6 but not going to go buy a Palm receiver and mount just to get it. I guess if you need a whole new set up....then .........well even at the price is a little hard to swallow.

I'll just wait till it is offered as a stand alone software package and maybe check it out then.
    I've been using iGuidance 3.0 with a BT-359 receiver on my 700w. Semsons were great people to deal with, I bought the package from them. I use a Pro-Clip dash mount (just the bracket) in my F-250 onto which I have mounted a Seidio car cradle (I forget the model number, 2350 maybe?) which is hardwired into my fuse box on a circuit that only powers when the ignition is on. Nice, clean install and the treo is is in a good spot when driving. I'm just waiting for the iNav patch to correct the lag in voice directions on the 700w, should be out any day now. I have heard great things from beta testers of this patch.

Hope this helps,

Russ
    I am having trouble using my BT-339 with iGuidance on my 700wx. I currently use the BT-339 with Telenav and it works fine. When I run the iGuidance app, I get a warning message "Please make sure the GPS receiver is properly connected"
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by caddyshack; 10/17/2006 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyshack View Post
    I am having trouble using my BT-339 with iGuidance on my 700wx. I currently use the BT-339 with Telenav and it works fine. When I run the iGuidance app, I get a warning message "Please make sure the GPS receiver is properly connected"
    Have you tried to manually set the setting for the GPS device? You can look at the program that recognizes the GPS device for the com port, etc... and then manually set it in iGuidance.
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyshack View Post
    I assume you mean that it never connects. If this is the case, don't use Auto, but select that exact com port. I get the same thing using Auto when configuring the port.

Trio
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair View Post
    I've been using iGuidance 3.0 with a BT-359 receiver on my 700w. Semsons were great people to deal with, I bought the package from them. I use a Pro-Clip dash mount (just the bracket) in my F-250 onto which I have mounted a Seidio car cradle (I forget the model number, 2350 maybe?) which is hardwired into my fuse box on a circuit that only powers when the ignition is on. Nice, clean install and the treo is is in a good spot when driving. I'm just waiting for the iNav patch to correct the lag in voice directions on the 700w, should be out any day now. I have heard great things from beta testers of this patch.

Hope this helps,

Russ

I bought the same combo from Semsons a week ago, and took it on a trip from Dallas to Asheville, North Carolina. I have to say that iGuidance is very well done. I couldn't be happier. The BT-359 is amazingly small, and it syncs very quick for me.

iGuidance handled the 240 screen just fine. It's also worth getting some kind of a powered mount. They offered one with the combo and I got it. It has a speaker which helps makes the voice commands louder. And, it has 2 USB power slots on the bottom, so I could keep the phone and GPS charged all the time.

Trio
    Telenav does not have any COM or baud settings, it just recognizes the receiver.

I think iGuidance recognizes the receiver now, as I don't get the warning message when I start the app.

Here is the wierd part:
    If I launch iGuidance and go to GPS info, it sees my reciever and I can see the SPD working as I am driving.

I can't seem to get turn by turn directions to work nor can I select Auto Detect under GPS options
    Perhaps I don't understand how to setup a route from current location to a destination
    In telenav, you pick a destination and off it goes from your current location
    Am I doing something wrong?

Here are my settings:
    700wx - Settings - System - GPS
    GPS Program Port (none)
    GPS Hardware Port COM4
    Baud Rate 9600
    Manage GPS Automatically

700wx - bluetooth
    Created new partnership (found GPS)
    selected sereal port for services
    COM ports - created new outgoing port, selected GPS on COM4

iGuidance settings
    COM port COM4
    Baud rate 9600
    Last edited by caddyshack; 10/18/2006 at 07:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    In GPS setting try assigning a com port to the GPS program port. Do not make it the actual port you assigned to the GPS hardware port. Just make it a empty port, I used com port 9.
    I believe I fixed my communication issue with the GPS receiver. The issue now is navigation. I created an itinerary and select GO, I see the map but it does not move and I hear no turn by turn directions.
    Is your arrow Green? If so, you are ready to go. If it is yellow, it has connected and communicating with the GPS unit, but the GPS unit has not locked onto any satellites. If it is red, then the program is not connected to the GPS receiver.
    The arrow is Green, but the map does not move and no voice commands telling me to turn. At the bottom I see estimated time of arrival, travel time, total miles of trip, but the mph does not increment.
    Then you have connectivity with the GPS unit. If you have the summary list of the trip stats at the bottom it would appear you have entered your trip in okay. It appears to be a glitch in the program. I have never seen this or heard of it on any of the boards in the last 2 years.

I would do two things and you can decide what order you want to do it. I would totally uninstall everything....including manually deleting the folder on the SD card with your maps. Then reinstall it. If that does not work then contact iGuidance. Their tech support has proven very helpful in the past.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 10/18/2006 at 10:26 PM.
  18.    #18  
    http://semsons.com/i737blgps32c.html

I just bought this combo from reference from a friend. I'll let you know how i like it. overnighted it cuz i hate waiting!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    If that does not work then contact iGuidance. Their tech support has proven very helpful in the past.
    I had an issue with a corrupted DVD and they worked with me over email for a couple of days and then sent me a new disk.

Great support.

Trio