Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85
  1. #61  
    I too spoke to a Verizon rep in one of the stores. He appeared to have great knowledge about the 700wx. He said December, but don't count on high inventory levels. Hmmmm.

    He also said no way would existing users get a discount or trade in/up. He said the contract would have to run it's course, then the discount.
  2. #62  
    Verizon store folks are pretty much clueless and won't have real info until the boxes hit the stores. Verizon would be better off to move the Treo 700wx out in time for the holiday shopping and simply mark down the Treo 700w or dump them to the 3rd party stores.
  3. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #63  
    We all know how Verzion is going to act. We have been talking about them ever since the Treo 700w came out. We have had problems on top of problems and Verizon has always put it off on someone else. What makes everyone think that they are going to change now and actually do the right thing?
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Has anyone heard of some special Verizon program where you can do NE2 every year? I think it's called the Platinum Rewards or something. My old roommate was offered it and I remember seeing the brochure he got in the mail. I think the stipulation is that you have to spend over $80 per month which I hit no problem, but you have to spend it for a certain consecutive amount of months. If I could snag that offer I would upgrade in a flash!
    I am a member of the VZW VIP Rewards program. I had to have a calling plan over $80 per month for over 3 months to qualify. It allows me to upgrade my phone at the 2 year contract discounted price every year. If I want the NE2 $100, I have to keep the phone for 2 years. If there is a program that gives you the NE2 $100 every year, I would definitely like to hear details or see a link to a VZW website describing it.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by dck22 View Post
    I am a member of the VZW VIP Rewards program. I had to have a calling plan over $80 per month for over 3 months to qualify. It allows me to upgrade my phone at the 2 year contract discounted price every year. If I want the NE2 $100, I have to keep the phone for 2 years. If there is a program that gives you the NE2 $100 every year, I would definitely like to hear details or see a link to a VZW website describing it.
    I am in Platinum Rewards as well. My understanding is a bit different from what I think you are saying.

    I can upgrade for the two year contract discounted price EVERY year. However, every year I choose to do this, my contract extends another two years. For example, if I upgrade at 1/1/07 and get the NE2 discount, my contract gets extended to 1/1/09. Then, I can use the NE2 discount again at 1/1/08, but my contract would be extended to 1/1/10.

    Is that the same or different than what you are saying?


    BTW, the other requiremnt for Platinum Rewards is that it must be a single line plan or the primary line on a family share plan. The secondary lines on a family share plan do qualify for the regular NE@ program, but not Patinum Rewards.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  6. cybrwulf's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #66  
    According to internal documents, the 700wx on Verizon won't be out until 01/29/07.

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1043028
  7. #67  
    I saw the actual verizon release papers: it is slated for December 18
  8. #68  
    Whatever happened to that VZEmployee dude? He knew everything!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I saw the actual verizon release papers: it is slated for December 18
    How definite is the 12/18 date?
  10. #70  
    I saw the actual computer screen at a VZ managers desk with that information about two weeks ago. As always, it was listed as "subject to change".
  11. #71  
    just like the black friday and the 1/29 and every other date...
  12. dihtn's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    I am in Platinum Rewards as well. My understanding is a bit different from what I think you are saying.

    I can upgrade for the two year contract discounted price EVERY year. However, every year I choose to do this, my contract extends another two years. For example, if I upgrade at 1/1/07 and get the NE2 discount, my contract gets extended to 1/1/09. Then, I can use the NE2 discount again at 1/1/08, but my contract would be extended to 1/1/10.

    Is that the same or different than what you are saying?


    BTW, the other requiremnt for Platinum Rewards is that it must be a single line plan or the primary line on a family share plan. The secondary lines on a family share plan do qualify for the regular NE@ program, but not Patinum Rewards.
    How do you register for these programs? I have a family share program and spend around $200.00/month.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by dihtn View Post
    How do you register for these programs? I have a family share program and spend around $200.00/month.
    It is all right here:

    [URL="https://merits.vzw.com/index.aspx?AC=1&cm_re=promotions-_-merits-_-Merits&cm_re=merits%20program-_-Merits-_-abc"]


    BTW, you also get 25% off all accessories bought online, at the VZW store, or at an in Circuit City VZW store.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  14. verks's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrwulf View Post
    According to internal documents, the 700wx on Verizon won't be out until 01/29/07.

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1043028
    I feel like I just got kicked in the gut. Another 2 1/2 months
    Last edited by verks; 11/26/2006 at 12:27 AM.
  15. #75  
    Its still subject to change and could change in our favor.
  16. H_D
    H_D is offline
    H_D's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    #76  
    Has anyone heard anything recent regarding the 700wx release on Verizon.
  17. H_D
    H_D is offline
    H_D's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    #77  
    December 18 is approaching. Has anyone heard anything recent about the Verizon 700wx. Its crazy that even Alltel has theirs & we havent even gotten it. I thought we were one of the top 2 nationwide cell companies.
  18. Kilim's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #78  
    Talked to a Verizon CSR and they have no info on it
  19. #79  
    Called and spoke with 3 separate clueless reps to no avail.
    Is this crazy, or is it just me?
  20. #80  
    I think I would go for an upgrade from my 700w to a 700wx but with the 750v having a better BT stack & the more current 3.2 software update, I might hold off.

    For me, the changing folders without using the stylus feature from the 750V would be the biggest thing (along with more usable ram).

    Either way, some new information would be great.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions