Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Here it is, it's called the "Merits Program"

https://merits.vzw.com/index.aspx?AC=1

It says you need a $79.99/month calling plan minimum to qualify, so I'm not sure that I do (I have $40 + $45 month data)
    Dang. I've got 3 phones at $125/month ($45 for data on one) and I don't qualify either. If I want to pay $20 more per month, then they're happy to give this 9+ year customer "Merit". Amazing.

However - Tre-i-e-i-o - I was informed by the csr that with this plan level I would be able to upgrade after just 1 year for the promotional price any new device is being offered to the general public for. The catch is the loss of the "new every 2" additional discount of $50 or $100. In my case, losing that extra discount is still cheaper than paying $20 more per month for additional minutes I don't need. Sorry... I didn't ask if it would also apply to your $79.99 pda/voice plan, but I think it very well might.
    I don't know how you wouldn't qualify mixman. I signed up and my plan is $100/month (plus data) for 2 phones. I'm glad to see that I can upgrade every one year for the lower price. My 2 year plan would have been up on 2/08 but now I might get the 700wx in February -- we'll see.

I'm still happy with my 700w though.
    Last edited by Beryl; 10/12/2006 at 09:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Hey Beryl,

I too am overall happy with my 700w. I'm not going to upgrade until a major improvement comes out (Rev A at least). Although I do agree with Tre-i-e-i-o that this RAM issue is, well, an issue.

As for why you qualify and I don't...you must be paying $89.99 for the 1400 minute plan. I'm on the 700 minute Family Plan at $69.99 (for the Primary phones that is). I'd have to 'up' to your plan to qualify. At this point, I just don't need the extra minutes as most of the people I talk to are "In"...er...on Verizon. So I'll just sit back and wait. As you and I agree, we're content with the 700w. If I have to pay $100 more when I want something better, I will. But as of now, I don't see anything worth that on the horizon. I'm certainly not going to drop additional money on a WX for 32MB of additional RAM considering the way current technology changes in short amounts of time. My 700w runs pretty decently (thanks in major part to: "surur", "HobbesIsReal", and "Folkie").
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    If I have to pay $100 more when I want something better, I will. But as of now, I don't see anything worth that on the horizon.
    The Treo 750v looks good and if it has Blackberry Connect, I'll probably go with whichever carrier has it. I've had it will WirelessSync problems and having to be my own server admin.
    I think you guys went a little off the topic
    Is there a firm date on Verizon getting this and the real question is will they offer a trade in deal or would Palm offer a trade in deal?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boostinfd View Post
    I think you guys went a little off the topic
    Why? Just because we went from "700WX coming to Verizon" to "VZW Merit Program" to "I'm happy enough with my 700w"?

OK, I guess you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd View Post
    Is there a firm date on Verizon getting this and the real question is will they offer a trade in deal or would Palm offer a trade in deal?
    No.
    No.
    Not likely for an already existing line/accnt.
    knowing verizon, they will not admit that there is anything wrong with 700w... they'll make you hard reset it, if that doesn't work, they'll send you the Same damn W again...

I doubt they'll offer a replacement or trade-off or any sort...
    I haven't seen much in the forums about this lately, but I did ask a Verizon rep and for once they actually said yes, they are getting the Treo 70wx but no firm date was announced. While store reps are not the best sources of factual information he at least knew what I was asking about and didn't give me a blank look. So my Treo 700w adn Treo 700p will be up for sale once the Treo 700wx is out on Verizon.
    LAst I heard it will be coming out for the black Friday (day after thanksgiving)
    If thats true I will be happy.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Any update on a release date? I've heard anything from Thanksgiving to quarter 1 of next year.
    I talked to a Verizon rep at one of those 3rd party Verizon stores. I asked him about the release of the 700wx and he knew nothing about it. He called up his regional manager and she told him that she did hear something about them releasing the 700wx sometime soon, just not sure when. She stated possibly in December, but still not sure.

If they do release the 700wx on the Verizon network, it will make my decision much harder. I am with Sprint currently and my service is terrible at my home. I do not own a Treo yet, but I was going to upgrade my phone and plan to the Treo 700wx on Sprint. Now I am not sure if I should wait and just hop on the Verizon service with the 700wx. I really want this phone as soon as possible. If I stay with Sprint, I am hoping the Treo 700wx will have better reception in my home than my current POS.

Isn't Verizon more expensive than Sprint for the unlimited data plan and minutes?
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    Prudential Real Estate - Las Vegas
    Buying, selling, just thinking about it?
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    Isn't Verizon more expensive than Sprint for the unlimited data plan and minutes?

way.

try $45 a month for data
    yes, vzw's unlimited plan is $45 and they are more picky about how you use it. It's not really unlimited. They'll cancel you if you go over 10gb data usage in a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    way.

try $45 a month for data
    So how much is Sprint's unlimited plan? I heard there was a deal somewhere for a $15 unlimited data plan with Sprint. Is this true?
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
    Yes it's true. This is why people give Sprint a lot of slack for other issues. For me the Sprint service works better and is cheaper than vzw as far as using them for phone calls and data. Their customer service and technical support is really lacking compared to vzw however.

If you are in rural areas it's hit or miss whether vzw or sprint has a better signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes it's true. This is why people give Sprint a lot of slack for other issues. For me the Sprint service works better and is cheaper than vzw as far as using them for phone calls and data. Their customer service and technical support is really lacking compared to vzw however.

If you are in rural areas it's hit or miss whether vzw or sprint has a better signal.
    I'm in Las Vegas so I would think that all service providers would strive to be perfect here. There are lots of business people here and we all need our phones.
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    I'm in Las Vegas so I would think that all service providers would strive to be perfect here. There are lots of business people here and we all need our phones.
    Yes, as long as you stay in the city. However if you want to take the occasional trip north to the bunny ranch you might want to check the signal along the way.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast