Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. espo222's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
       #1  
    I downloaded Activesync 4.5 beta after constantly receiving the error code 85010001. Now, I receive error code 80070057. I don't use an exchange server, I don't know how to fix this. Has anyone had the same problem?
  2. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #2  
    Found this with a Google search. Hope it helps you.

    Error code: 0x 80070057 or 0x80830003
    Error Message: Synchronization failed. If the problem continues, contact your network administrator.

    Explanation: The Exchange server is configured to require client certificates.

    User Action: On the Exchange server, launch Internet Services Manager. Right click on the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual directory and choose Properties. Select the Directory Security tab. Click the Edit button in the Secure Communications section and select the option to “Ignore client certificates.”
  3. espo222's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks a lot, but I don't use an exchange server, I am not even entirely sure what one is, but I would love to get an Activesync version that works without errors. Thanks again
  4. #4  
    Have yo checked activesync if you have a PC based and server based syncing activated for email/contacts/calendar. What I found is that if you disable the email/contact/calendar for the USB sync, and only sync them through the network, this problem goes away. Or, if you only want to only use USB syncing, disable the server based syncing. It has problems switching between the two.
  5. espo222's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
       #5  
    I only want to sync the contacts and I switched the treo to USB only. This is annoying. The only way to sync, is to delete the device everytime I want to sync it.
  6. #6  
    I had exactly the same error code. I simply sync with my desktop. Several calls to Verizon determined that the only solution was a hard reset.

    I did back up the 700w with Sprite backup first, then I did the hard reset.
    Also, just for good measure, I deleted Active Sync and resintalled it. You may want to try this first before the hard reset.

    That was 2 months ago and no problems since.

Posting Permissions