Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Great review!! I liked to hear it from a long time Palm OS user. I also like the meniton of the faith you have in the people working on the threaded SMS app
    The 750v looks like a very nice design. I'm very happy with Windows Mobile finally done right, it took Palm to do it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    ...clip...
    "One thing is certain -- it is loud."
    ...clip...
    "It would be nice to believe that the lack of the external antenna didn't affect reception. Sadly, it does. So those of you with your 700 machines need not kick yourself for not having the latest and greatest just because of the antenna. Though my studies have been unscientific at best, when comparing other phones in the same spot on the same network the phones with an external antenna did far better than those without. Weaving in and out of buildings in a car, I lost signal when I had a feeling that with a more robust antenna I might not have."

Loud doesn't help bad Reception!

I know you said "Though my studies have been unscientific at best"

I still was looking for a TOP RECEPTION PERFORMER!

I can't figure out why these $700 phones can't have the Best Possible Radio!

Why must I also have a Nokia 6010/6030 to get good Reception?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/10/2006 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
    Just call me Berd.
    Sorry, I almost forgot

Thanks TC!
    Just call me Berd.
    Great review, thanks very much for taking the time. Now when can we get an unlocked model here in N. America? Specifically Canada
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    A few less clicks here and there are insignificant compared to the much more powerful suite of software, fast multitasking, and better user experience.
    I find having to make a few clicks more here and there makes for a worse user experience. Multitasking is a bit of a double edged sword, sure it's nice to be able to switch back to an app and find it in the state you left it but open several apps at the same time and the memory usage goes up and performance down. Whilst I'm pleased with my 750v I wouldn't say it was a huge improvement over my old 650
    Hi really nice review, specially SMS are great and i need this feature (i use 650 before).

I am currently user of Qtek 9100 so if you have a problem with wasted space with bottom bar try to check this forum.
    Tool called "VJToggleToday II"
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hide+soft+keys

You must register for download from topic but this tool is really great.
    This allow you hide botton bar on Today and use it for anything. You can remove top bar as well. Just try and you will see if it will be helpfull.

Best Regards
    Boer - Ondrej Burda
    Great review. Just wait til you discover all of the great 3rd party apps, then you'll REALLY forget about POS
    Great review, it tells me two things:

1.) The device isn't perfect (I didn't expect it to be).
    2.) I still want one!

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    I find having to make a few clicks more here and there makes for a worse user experience. Multitasking is a bit of a double edged sword, sure it's nice to be able to switch back to an app and find it in the state you left it but open several apps at the same time and the memory usage goes up and performance down. Whilst I'm pleased with my 750v I wouldn't say it was a huge improvement over my old 650
    That's typical WM. But this model doesn't have a built-in OK button that closes apps? That was a main feature of the 700 to address that issue.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Great review, it tells me two things:

1.) The device isn't perfect (I didn't expect it to be).
    2.) I still want one!

It tells me again that either Vodafone(and I hope it's them) or the phone doesn't get good reception.

Now I have to wait for Cingular reception reviews before even getting one!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    May be bogus, found w/ google search
    http://blogtwopointzero.blogspot.com...50-review.html
    Just call me Berd.
    I have to disagree. See my comments in the other review thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It tells me again that either Vodafone(and I hope it's them) or the phone doesn't get good reception.

Now I have to wait for Cingular reception reviews before even getting one!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Bern, the review seems legit to me. Vodafone sounds pretty restrictive though. Is T-Mobile is the way to go in the UK?

As long as we're into doing alot of reading:
    http://www.shadowmite.com/blog/?postid=109
    Just call me Berd.
  15. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    @Septimus: Excellent review (almost as good as mine on PocketInfo )

Two comments:

1) The synchronization cable actually *does* charge the device, albeit only by trickle charge and just enough to keep the battery from running down any further. Switching off the screen actually allows you to *charge* the device, but don't hold your breath as it would take forever

2) The calendar app has been useless ever since PocketPC 2000 anyway. Buy PocketInformant (my favorite) or Agenda Fusion (als very good). Both havne optimizations for square screens and both beat the hell out of the Microsoft standard one. (see www.webis.net for PocketInformant and www.developerone.com for Agenda Fusion)

Ok, a 3rd comment then. Go to www.covertec.com and get yourself one of these: http://www.covertecstore.com/search/...machine=PAMLDR. They're lifesavers. They have three flavours, the link only points to one of them. This set lets you sync& charge just about anything. Palm, iPaq, Blackberry, even iPod. It uses modular plugs and cables so it's basically up to what you want to connect next and click on the right plug. For the Treo it provides simultaneous sync&charge.
    Last edited by Wiz; 10/10/2006 at 03:59 PM.
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
    ---------------------------
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I've had no noticeable reception problems with mine.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    But this model doesn't have a built-in OK button that closes apps?
    It does, but closing an app doesn't always seem to remove it from memory i.e. it still shows under running programs. This could be just user error as I haven't used another WM5 device and my previous experience was PPC2003 on an old iPaq
    I'm going to wait for more reviews before getting. So far we have 3 for questionable reception. And I think 2 for decent.

Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    It does, but closing an app doesn't always seem to remove it from memory i.e. it still shows under running programs. This could be just user error as I haven't used another WM5 device and my previous experience was PPC2003 on an old iPaq

That's true on most WM devices, the OK button is mostly useless. But Palm supposedly made it where the OK button actually shuts down the programs at your choice.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast