Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wrong, the Ipaq 6500 and 6900 series all have 240 x 240 screens as does the soon to be launched Fujitsi Siemens T800 series ppc phones
    I forgot about the Ipaqs, thanks for reminding me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    All square WM screens are 240x240. This includes the HP6515 6915, and Loox t830. No-one else AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $however$.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Did they deliberately make the screen look washed out? And it does look like the resolution will be a problem. That much scrolling sucks.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I used the 650 for a year then switched up to the 700WX. This business about the 240x240 screen is a crock. The screen is perfectly acceptable and in many cases is downright sweet. Its like that other common complaint of no wi fi. People, give it up already.
    In the review(the one Bern posted), the picture looks washed out. I'm asking if they did that deliberately.

Oh yeah, and the no wifi is serious to me. But at least we can use the wifi card. Guess we should be grateful that Palm lets us do that, even though with other phones we don't have to get a seperate card.

why is wifi so important when you have 1x and evdo capabilities on these devices? Do you live in the sticks?
    Because I want a choice of data connection, not necessarily be tied to one carrier for it all. And you forgot UMTS and EDGE.

that like saying I like to keep a horse at my house so Im not tied down to my car, no? Unlimmited data plans are 30 bucks a month. No muss, no fuss.
    I have 4 phones already and can use 2 different carriers. And even more when traveling. I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket. Variety and choice for me.

the ipaq 65/69xx series uses a 240x240 screen, as well as that loox T830 and I think there are some other devices that use it. Definitely becoming more common.

And I will say that in response to closing programs - In the years that I have used PPC, I have learned that letting the OS close down apps is the smoothest way to go (unless you own a Treo 700w with its pathetic 13mb free). Particularly on the Treo 750 and 700wx, where there is FAR more ram available than on other devices (For example, the 750 has ~50mb free after a soft reset and a 700wx has ~57mb free, compared to most other PPCphones from HTC that have ~30mb free).
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    that like saying I like to keep a horse at my house so Im not tied down to my car, no? Unlimmited data plans are 30 bucks a month. No muss, no fuss.
    I'm with you on that one, wifi to me is more of a hassle. When I need data, I'm not going to go searching for a hotspot. I'm going to sit where I am and enjoy the data. However, most aren't as fortunate as I am, considering that I get a discount and work pays for most of my cell phone expenses.
    Has anyone made an attempt at using a MiniSD wifi card with the 750v?

And before the previous poster who was berating people for complaining about the lack of wifi says something, I want a device with wifi because as pointed out in the original review mobile data usage is prohibitively expensive in the UK (ok, not including T-Mobs Web&walk, but they're coverage sucks in Northern Ireland).
    Quote Originally Posted by sciggles View Post
    Has anyone made an attempt at using a MiniSD wifi card with the 750v?

And before the previous poster who was berating people for complaining about the lack of wifi says something, I want a device with wifi because as pointed out in the original review mobile data usage is prohibitively expensive in the UK (ok, not including T-Mobs Web&walk, but they're coverage sucks in Northern Ireland).
    I hope I am not the one you are referring to, and I hope I didn't come across as berating. I was simply expressing my own opinion, YMMV.
    Nah gadgetluva, like you say, you just expressed an opinion. It was more cos another poster had been going on about evdo & unlimited data plans, they aren't available in the UK, and I actually think i would have better chance of finding a wifi signal in most places than a 3g one!

But if the MiniSD card worked in the treo I'd be all over it like a fat kid on pie (no offence to larger girthe'd posters, I'm no balerina myself)
    From the Review I Linked, She did mention the reception issue.

"I found that in my normal office – inside the M25 – I couldn’t get a 3G signal. I got one in various other places, and the same SIM gave me a 3G signal in other Vodafone devices within my office. It is possible, then, that the Treo 750’s antenna is not what it could be. But based on a sample of one device I can’t be sure."

Others are concerned about wifi,
    My concern is Reception. My 650 has always been inferior. I wanted to replace it with a 'smartphone' with good reception. All the neat things this 750 can do, doesn't justify it not having superb reception.

So, some say they get good reception. but, so far the majority of these reviews have mentioned a possible reception issue (no I'm not talking about the number of bars).

If over and over, a phone such as the Nokia 6010/6030 gets great compliments on it's reception, and every so often someone says the phone sucks, we're still going to consider the majority.

So far, the majority are expressing that the 750 may have an issue w/ reception.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by sciggles View Post
    Nah gadgetluva, like you say, you just expressed an opinion. It was more cos another poster had been going on about evdo & unlimited data plans, they aren't available in the UK, and I actually think i would have better chance of finding a wifi signal in most places than a 3g one!

But if the MiniSD card worked in the treo I'd be all over it like a fat kid on pie (no offence to larger girthe'd posters, I'm no balerina myself)
    In another thread, they said the Spectec miniSD wifi card works.

o0o0o, that seriously makes the treo a contender for mondays upgrade.

I dont suppose you'd have a link?

(btw, I had read somewhere that Vodafone had crippled bluetooth on the 750v, specifically that they'd disabled the OBEX, but I tried it out yesterday and was able to send a pic to a n73)
    Thread where they said the Spectec works:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125746

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast