Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    What about the buttons on the 700s? They were supposed to truly close. I'm surprised they didn't include this feature on the 750. You're supposed to press and hold the OK button to get it to close. Try that first.

Use Wisbar Lite, Magic Button or some other program if it doesn't truly close, then.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    What about the buttons on the 700s? They were supposed to truly close. I'm surprised they didn't include this feature on the 750. You're supposed to press and hold the OK button to get it to close. Try that first.

Use Wisbar Lite, Magic Button or some other program if it doesn't truly close, then.
    700s don't close, minimize only.
    I got into a disagreement with someone over this when the 700w first came out because I wasn't aware of this feature Palm added. The built in OK button was confirmed to actually close the apps. If you press and hold, you get the option to actually close the apps.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    This review took a long time.

I was fully expecting to have an attempt at the miniSD Wi-Fi card since it's been discussed on the forums for weeks now. More speed testing (how about something local, so we can get an idea of what UMTS really does?) and reception information (using the carrier codes) would have been useful.
  5. Wiz
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    They're not supposed to close. It is behaviour by design. The blog mentioned a few posts back gives the motivation for that.
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
    ---------------------------
    I think you all are missing what I'm trying to say. I'm very well aware that on most other WM devices, OK minimizes and not close. I have several(don't ask ).

What I mean is Palm tweaked the OK button to actually close if you press and hold it. Verizon 700w users were adamant about this.

I know the Sprint Treo 700wx brings up the running programs list if you hold it down, which then allows you to really close apps(not that it's necessary with the 700wx). So it doesn't really "close" the app by holding down the OK button, you've got to select what you want to close, or close all. That's the closest without a 3rd party app I think you can get.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks Jimmie, no one would believe me!

I knew there was a feature like this! But I'm surprised it may not be on the 750. Or maybe people are just unaware of it?

yikes, that's a tiny wifi card! I could totally wallet that bad boy for emergency purposes.

G-Funkster I wouldn't blame you Having wifi via a sd wifi card is nice on my 700wx, this is even nicer for the 750v owners.
    Jimmie Geddes
    pressing and holding the OK button just brings the device to the memory mgmt indow, like the other post states. I wonder if there will be a version of smartskeys for the treo that will add true close functionality like you're describing phone diva.
    First off, to close down programs in the background for your 700w press and hold the ok button and then select which program or all to close down. Yes, it can be a pain in the but to do this once in a while but I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to do a soft reset. I've had my phone now for 8 months.

Now, a question about the 750v. Will the 750v be coming to the U.S.? If so, will it be available via the EVDO networks? I'm getting tired of my 700w lack of memory issues (stated from above) and want to add more programs on it. If the 750v does not come to the U.S. soon, I will be leaving Palm.
    Thanks Jimmie, no one would believe me!

I knew there was a feature like this! But I'm surprised it may not be on the 750. Or maybe people are just unaware of it?
    Pressing and holding the "OK" button to bring up the standard task close function is just not a very good solution. The question is if the OK button is customizable on the Treo. For example Spb Pocket Plus adds task management functions to key-mappable options. If the Treo is able to map the OK key function, you should be good to go with Sbp.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Yes you can map the key. The holding of the OK button is shown in the button setting as option-OK. By default it is set to the task manager, but you can change it to something else.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Ok about the Ok button.
    Back to the User Opinions.
    Would anyone else like to tell us how they like the 750v?
    We Still haven't heard anyone telling us that it is as good, or better than other PDA/Phones out there.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    First off, to close down programs in the background for your 700w press and hold the ok button and then select which program or all to close down. Yes, it can be a pain in the but to do this once in a while but I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to do a soft reset. I've had my phone now for 8 months.

Now, a question about the 750v. Will the 750v be coming to the U.S.? If so, will it be available via the EVDO networks? I'm getting tired of my 700w lack of memory issues (stated from above) and want to add more programs on it. If the 750v does not come to the U.S. soon, I will be leaving Palm.
    It's GSM, only and will be coming to Cingular on it's UMTS network. You'd have to move to Sprint to get the 700wx, which is the 700w with the correct amount of memory.

The 700wx is going to be released on VZW mid december according to www.engadgetmobile.com

I wonder if that will include threaded SMS?
    I wonder if they're going to let owners trade in the 700w without a big penalty.

I wonder if they're going to let owners trade in the 700w without a big penalty.
    I smell pending litigation.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast