1.    #1  
    I'm not really sure if this is a software or hardware issue. I had a similar problem a few months ago, and I just hard reset my Treo 700w. Basically, my battery under my normal conditions can usually last 2-3 days on a full charge, but now it is barely making it half a day. It seems the problem is that my phone is constantly making an active (bold white arrows) connection to the internet (which is also another problem since I'm on a 1xRT connection and this is also blocking any incoming phone calls). It also seems that it is checking my e-mail basically continuously, even though I have it set to connect and check every 60 minutes. The only thing I did recently was to add another e-mail account to be checked (a gmail one using POP3), along with my previous school e-mail account (using IMAP). I have both set to check every 60 minutes, and now my school email (maybe both, but I only noticed with the one) is checking way too often, and draining my battery too fast.

Does anyone else know how I can fix this problem so that I can actually make it through the day without having to charge up? I'd prefer not to hard reset again, but I can't figure out how to get the 60 minute check time to actually work again.

Thanks for your help
    The 1X is killng your battery. That being said, here are some suggestions:

*You have to set your "send/receive" intervals in TWO places. In tools-options-advanced, AND in menu-delivery preferences. For some stupid, stupid reason they are independent of each other. Remember to do this for all the accounts you have.

*Keep bluetooth off until you need it. If you keep it on all day its a battery drainer also.

*Same as above for BEAM RECEIVE. Start-settings-connections-beam. Make sure its unchecked.

*Get a free program like MAGIC BUTTON, or a program that isn't free that closes apps when you hit "X." Leaving programs running drains the battery also.

I'm sure others can give you more tips, those are a few I could think of off the top of my head
    I believe the real root cause here (although the suggestions above are valid) is a bug with the email program on this phone.

If you set it to auto-check for email, it sometimes seems to maintain a connection when it shouldn't. And the only real fix I have seen is a hard reset, although if you can find the registry values to fix it, that would work.

I just gave up on auto-checking email. Setting it at 60 minutes for me turned out to be checking what seemed every 5 minutes.

I just manually kick off a check now every now and then. It's a much better trade off than losing the battery after a half day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Man View Post
    I believe the real root cause here (although the suggestions above are valid) is a bug with the email program on this phone.

If you set it to auto-check for email, it sometimes seems to maintain a connection when it shouldn't. And the only real fix I have seen is a hard reset, although if you can find the registry values to fix it, that would work.

I just gave up on auto-checking email. Setting it at 60 minutes for me turned out to be checking what seemed every 5 minutes.

I just manually kick off a check now every now and then. It's a much better trade off than losing the battery after a half day!
    If you set it to 60 minutes in the "menu-tools-options" section and leave it unchecked in the "menu- delivery preferences" then it will not check every 5 minutes. The DELIVERY PREFERENCES section in this version of wm is screwed up, which is why it is removed in WM6