Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    and in what way is a 30 minute review of a device in a store (where likely the model has been abused) authoritative?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    and in what way is a 30 minute review of a device in a store (where likely the model has been abused) authoritative?
    Yep...agree on that point. Second, I think people need to stop comparing the 750v to a 700p based on the OS alone. The 700w has been out long enough for comparisons between WM and POS to be made. It's time to really compare the 750v against other WM5 devices, including the 700w(x) models.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I agree, we should be comparing WM Devices to WM Devices.
    Just call me Berd.
    Yea,
    Just trying to find all I can on the 750
    I really want this one to be the best Treo yet!

Lots of good feedback in jasons blog.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    How (in)frequently DO YOU change underwear, surur?

Surur
    Yea,
    Just trying to find all I can on the 750
    I really want this one to be the best Treo yet!

Lots of good feedback in jasons blog.
    Jason is someone that I would trust, especially given his extended time with the device.
  8. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have been so lucky to receive my Treo early September and I have been using it as my primary device ever since. Even with the pre-production roms, it has really been a very enjoyable experience. Except a few niggles, which I fully expect to see solved soon (my feedback goes diretly back to the developers), I find this a rock-solid device.

Ok, it is not perfect yet, but its first release version has significantly less issues than the TyTN, or quite a few other devices that have come out over the last few years.
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
    ---------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Yep...agree on that point. Second, I think people need to stop comparing the 750v to a 700p based on the OS alone. The 700w has been out long enough for comparisons between WM and POS to be made. It's time to really compare the 750v against other WM5 devices, including the 700w(x) models.
    because if you compare the 750v to other wm devices it loses. its funny when the interview first came out with the presentation of the 750v and wifi was mentioned, the gentleman stated that the 750 would become wider. funny, the t mobile dash has wifi and it appears to be thinner than the 750v.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    because if you compare the 750v to other wm devices it loses. its funny when the interview first came out with the presentation of the 750v and wifi was mentioned, the gentleman stated that the 750 would become wider. funny, the t mobile dash has wifi and it appears to be thinner than the 750v.
    How does it lose? Because it has no wifi? Because it has a smaller screen? Because......what exactly?

Hopefully I'll be able to make a judgement when I review the Treo 750 alongside my 8125
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Jason is someone that I would trust, especially given his extended time with the device.
    With the greatest of respect to Jason - he is a company man and is unlikely to talk out of turn about an WM5 device. Let's be blunt about it - Microsoft don't give a chuff that it's on a Palm Device - because the OS war was lost by Palm a looooong loooong time again. All that matters to microsoft is that it's another good device with WM5 on it to compete against Symbian (which is big in europe).
    How does it lose? Because it has no wifi? Because it has a smaller screen? Because......what exactly?

Hopefully I'll be able to make a judgement when I review the Treo 750 alongside my 8125
    you answered your questions already for me. bigger screen, wifi, ptt support with cingular, better processor, and maybe a hidden gps chipset. also, why would you compare the 750v to the 8125? the 8125 is a year and half old handset???
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.

So far I'm linking the Treo 700 (WM on Verizon) more than my 8125. That's based on 45 min of intense use of a 700 in a store. Wifi is the only down side to the Treo, one I hope won't be a big deal with 3G.
    The Treo 750 processor will be fast enough.
    They had just BETTER get HSDPA working.
    Last edited by taylorh; 10/11/2006 at 06:15 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    This is a First Look review. I have looked at phones in stores too, and decided for or against them by playing with them a bit. Since he didn't actually use the phone, I'll just take into account what he did say.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    So far I'm linking the Treo 700 (WM on Verizon) more than my 8125. That's based on 45 min of intense use of a 700 in a store. Wifi is the only down side to the Treo, one I hope won't be a big deal with 3G.
    The Treo 750 processor will be fast enough.
    They had just BETTER get HSDPA working.
    For HSDPA there will be a software update. At the moment there aren't any big HSDPA networks in Europe that is why it is not installed at the moment.
    More Feedback on Reception from anyone would be nice.
    I am on Vodafone and the reception is fine. I was on Orange with the 650 and reception was a bit patchy for me but I guess that's just to do with how the local transmitters ar set up.

Call quality is excellent. Much much better than the 650.

It is worth noting too that the signal strength indicator may not be giving a terribly accurate read out. I have seen it showing no bars but still some reception and calls made and received have been fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    you answered your questions already for me. bigger screen, wifi, ptt support with cingular, better processor, and maybe a hidden gps chipset. also, why would you compare the 750v to the 8125? the 8125 is a year and half old handset???
    because I own it and it'll be a logical review for people that have an 8125 and aren't sure of what to go wtih next.

For you, things like wifi matter. Doesn't for me. I'm after the form factor and improved performance of the treo, regardless of its slower processor. The enhancements that Palm added are also a plus. In my mind, the Treo is the superior device.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I know that nobody will believe me, but I tried a Treo 650 GSM and a Nokia E61 side by side with the same sim (T-Mobile). ... the Treo held the signal slightly better than the Nokia.

You are right... I don't...

Far as the 750... it should work out of the freaken box!

When I purchased my Honda, I did not even test-drive it. Since I've owned two Hondas before, I figured it was ok. I know how a Honda drives... I know they are reliable... I know what happens when I turn the key -- the car starts.

I'll be glad when Palm has the mentality of Honda...

Guess we will make the same excuses as every other treo and then botch about it later… but then say we would not change it for the world…

They put some additional features and call it new. It is not new… make it thinner… make the battery life last 2x longer…. Make it more reliable… bigger screen… wifi… something… Palm is an imploding disaster. The key does not always start a Palm device.
    Last edited by theog; 10/13/2006 at 03:46 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    What should work out the freaken box? Do you have a specific complaint or you just like to b***h about Palm?

FYI, others hear are reporting the reception is OK. I'll know myself soon.

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    You are right... I don't...

Far as the 750... it should work out of the freaken box!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast