Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I managed to get hold of a treo 750 today and it crashed and then it crashed and then it didn't work.
    What were you doing when it crashed?
    More Feedback on Reception from anyone would be nice.
    Just call me Berd.
    Doesn't sound good so far. If it can't handle it's own OS and call quality is bad...

Let's hope for more positive reviews elsewhere. I hope they just got bad units.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The Treocentral review doesn't raise these issue.

As far as reception goes I'm not surprised. I've yet to see ANY device with an internal antenna to be better than one with an external.

I know that nobody will believe me, but I tried a Treo 650 GSM and a Nokia E61 side by side with the same sim (T-Mobile). In a place with very poor signal, the Treo held the signal slightly better than the Nokia. The Nokia would give up the ghost and show no signal noticably more often. When there was good signal, the Nokia had better sound quality, but the external antenna of the Treo 650 seemed to really help keep it connected in a low signal area.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm disappointed that I have to return the 750v. When I was using it I really liked the Treo enhancements. Also, when I got a signal I had no problems or complaints with the call quality. As I've said, my problem is that I kept finding that the signal had disappeared (in areas where I know it should be working)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm going to wait for more reviews before getting. So far we have 3 for questionable reception. And I think 2 for decent.

Quote Originally Posted by kmc319 View Post
    I'm disappointed that I have to return the 750v. When I was using it I really liked the Treo enhancements. Also, when I got a signal I had no problems or complaints with the call quality. As I've said, my problem is that I kept finding that the signal had disappeared (in areas where I know it should be working)
    Does this make 4?
    Just call me Berd.
    Yes, unfortunately.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    interesting review...mixed reviews on the 750 so far. palm did not hit a homerun this time like it did with the 650 and the 700wx
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Diva like I said in other thread I have no problems encountered yet with the reception. I have to travel to Germany for my work as well and had no problems with reception there either.
    I have to comment on these reception issues. I don't have one yet, but I think some are misreading the comments. The Treocentral one didn't say it was bad reception. It said he was getting worse reception that his friend using T-Mobile. That's a very different issue. Another person said he was getting worse reception then he "knew he should". That is unfortunately meaningless. I have seen myself reception from multiple carriers vary greatly in the same location at different times. To know whether it's the device or the carrier you either need to directly compare multiple devices at the same time, or use the same device in the same location at different times. The current complaints are just too sketchy yet to be drawing conclusions on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I have to comment on these reception issues. I don't have one yet, but I think some are misreading the comments. The Treocentral one didn't say it was bad reception. It said he was getting worse reception that his friend using T-Mobile. That's a very different issue. Another person said he was getting worse reception then he "knew he should". That is unfortunately meaningless. I have seen myself reception from multiple carriers vary greatly in the same location at different times. To know whether it's the device or the carrier you either need to directly compare multiple devices at the same time, or use the same device in the same location at different times. The current complaints are just too sketchy yet to be drawing conclusions on.
    Very well said.

In addition, the network here uses completely different frequencies, at least for Cingular. THe majority GSM network is 850mhz, and UMTS is different as well. I wouldn't be so quick to judge until the device is in my hands and I'm testing it for myself. I never believe anything about reception until I try it in the areas I'm frequently at.
    Even so, I'm waiting for Cingular reception reviews, since I have to spend $450 or more.

I'll let know as soon as I get mine.

I got a tracking number this morning, but the DHL info doesn't show the delivery date yet. I've asked for the fastest shipping so I'm hoping that I might get it Friday. I've also asked for the unlock code, so hopefully that will be coming in a few days. With luck I might have some data by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Even so, I'm waiting for Cingular reception reviews, since I have to spend $450 or more.
    I know I have to suffer till December to get any reviews, and that's IF they were correct about it being released by mid-November.

15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    heh - I'm already trying to get hold of one of those...

http://thenokiablog.com/2006/10/07/n...mbian/#more-28
    phonediva - I'm in the Chicago area too for work, so if I get the Treo before you do I'll let you know how the reception is
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    He just has a low tolerance for things not working as they should.

Surur
    How (in)frequently DO YOU change underwear, surur?

Seriously, Shaun is a pretty reputable source. But he does dump devices quickly.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    It's me that bcaslis refers to when he says "Another person said he was getting worse reception then he "knew he should". That is unfortunately meaningless. "

The reason that I knew I should get reception is beacuse I had a 750v with a Voda SIM in it, next to a Tytn with a Voda SIM in when I was at work on Monday. Most of the the time the 750v went in and out of service whilst the Tytn had 2 bars most of the time. I swapped their respective positions around and nothing changed. This was over a period of about 6 hours.

How is that meaningless?
    Is there a way on the Tytn to get the numerical signal value like you can on the Treo? If so, that would be a more objective measurement of signal strength. Comparing bars is not as good of a measure because different devices show bars differently.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    That isn't meaningless but I don't think you said that in the original post. Obviously comparing two different devices on the same network at the same time is the right way to do it. One question, was this with GSM signals or UMTS?

One other consideration is the "bars" between one device and another don't match. The only real way is to get debug info from the device showing the db level of the signal being received. I'm not sure if there is a way to get this on WM5 GSM devices.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast