1.    #1  
    Anybody using Active Sync with Hosted outlook?

Currently using my 650 and GoodLink with hosted outlook from Fasthosts.co.uk

Not too bad but missing all the usual palm stuff on my 650. goodlink rather takes over

Wondering about upgrading to WM5 / 750v and NOT using Goodlink. I do not need immediate email syncing. can manage with syncing with pc at work then at home in the evening.

Does this work in practice. Probably do not want to use wireless sync to keep data costs lowest. However would like to send emails from the move and perhaps log into outlook mailbox on the move to check for any messages that I might be expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Anybody using Active Sync with Hosted outlook?

Currently using my 650 and GoodLink with hosted outlook from Fasthosts.co.uk

Not too bad but missing all the usual palm stuff on my 650. goodlink rather takes over

Wondering about upgrading to WM5 / 750v and NOT using Goodlink. I do not need immediate email syncing. can manage with syncing with pc at work then at home in the evening.

Does this work in practice. Probably do not want to use wireless sync to keep data costs lowest. However would like to send emails from the move and perhaps log into outlook mailbox on the move to check for any messages that I might be expecting.
    hello

i am using www.4smartphone.net hosted exchange with my Vodafone 750v

have used it with all my WM5 devices and it is exceptionally reliable and quick

hope this helps
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.rees33 View Post
    hello

i am using www.4smartphone.net hosted exchange with my Vodafone 750v

have used it with all my WM5 devices and it is exceptionally reliable and quick

hope this helps
    Thanks Mark, I was wondering if you use cable ActiveSync or Sync over GPRS?

(edit) I use www.fasthosts.co.uk for my exchange hosting - you get a free copy of Outlook 2003 for your lap top during the term of your contract and I imagine that I would Active Sync with that via cable - not GPRSly via radio wave to save data.

Does your email come and go via your phone immediatly or not? (end edit)

What about data costs on 750v compared to 650? are you using a lot more. The recent treocentral review seems to imply that we get a raw deal in the UK?