Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    I am surprised people aren't chomping at the bit on this topic:

    Has anyone been able to extract the SMS threaded messaging app from the 750v (or even tried)?

    Or did it not come with it either?

    Come on...all these "brainiacs" around here and no one has even ATTEMPTED to grab that app from the 750v?

    All reponses welcomed
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  2. #2  
    okay, how about you import an expensive phone from europe that you can't use in the US to see if you can extract a .cab just to add to your 700ex.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    okay, how about you import an expensive phone from europe that you can't use in the US to see if you can extract a .cab just to add to your 700ex.
    First off a$$face, it's a 700wx....WTF is a 700ex? I haven't seen that model yet.....

    Secondly, you can take the app, extract it from the phone, and attach the app to this wonderful thing called e-mail....it's part of the Internet. You've heard of it, haven't you? It was invented by Al Gore, remember?

    Am I speaking too fast for you???

    TROLL.....SKULL ME BIOTCH!!!!!!!

    Dickwad
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  4. #4  
    Ummm..... ok

    There is a thread asking v owners to help out in there section.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124553
  5. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    First off a$$face, it's a 700wx....WTF is a 700ex? I haven't seen that model yet.....

    Secondly, you can take the app, extract it from the phone, and attach the app to this wonderful thing called e-mail....it's part of the Internet. You've heard of it, haven't you? It was invented by Al Gore, remember?

    Am I speaking too fast for you???

    TROLL.....SKULL ME BIOTCH!!!!!!!

    Dickwad
    Now that's how you flame somebody!!!!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  6. #6  
    there are a few over on the 750v forum on treocentral that are working on this. it is a little tough cause the rom has to be unlocked before you can extract it. the app is in the rom. the 750v was released on a carrier that has a very expensive data plan and no wifi. in a market where everyone uses wifi it seems to not be selling well. when cingular releases it thay will have it available in a maket that should be priced better for sales.
    the pulling threaded sms of the 750v process in underway it just going to take a while.
    if you write programs for rom unlocking or have a 750v we can tear apart we could sure use your help. if not, just be patience. one good thing... we know it's possible to run on wm5.0 and if we don't get it in an wx update before cingular gets it well get it then.
  7.    #7  
    Thank for the "helpful" responses....I didn't realize there was a thread going on that (thanks for giving me the link) and I forgot that it is going to be a little bit harder because of the "ROM" issue. But, it's been done hundreds of times before and it can't be hard for all the "Windows Mobile" experts around here.

    Thanks for the responses....I know we have to wait, but threaded text messaging was one of the best features of the "Palm" Treos and I am a very impatient person....especially when the phone costs $649 and it was promised in the description of phone!!!
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  8. #8  
    I too "like" to wrap many "words" in quotations.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    Thank for the "helpful" responses....I didn't realize there was a thread going on that (thanks for giving me the link) and I forgot that it is going to be a little bit harder because of the "ROM" issue. But, it's been done hundreds of times before and it can't be hard for all the "Windows Mobile" experts around here.

    Thanks for the responses....I know we have to wait, but threaded text messaging was one of the best features of the "Palm" Treos and I am a very impatient person....especially when the phone costs $649 and it was promised in the description of phone!!!
    If it helps Palm had said that there should be an update coming out for us to get the threaded text.

    Here is the link where Malatesta posted it on PPCGeeks

    http://ppcgeeks.com/treo-700w-wx-to-...-sms-t760.html
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I too "like" to wrap many "words" in quotations.
    Now that was a real helpful post that contributed immensely to the thread...
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  11. #11  
    theres a little more action on this in the thread titled something like " where are all the new user reports?". the action is in the last few pages but still no luck. that is were I got the 750v theme I posted in the wx forum.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by D1G1T4L View Post
    If it helps Palm had said that there should be an update coming out for us to get the threaded text.

    Here is the link where Malatesta posted it on PPCGeeks

    http://ppcgeeks.com/treo-700w-wx-to-...-sms-t760.html
    Good info, but old info....Mala posted that on September 15....we need to work on the Treo 750v...I have waited for Palm Updates before...dating back to the 600 and someone on this forum has ALWAYS beaten Palm to the punch when it came to fixing bugs, enhancing the phone, etc.
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    First off a$$face, it's a 700wx....WTF is a 700ex? I haven't seen that model yet.....

    Secondly, you can take the app, extract it from the phone, and attach the app to this wonderful thing called e-mail....it's part of the Internet. You've heard of it, haven't you? It was invented by Al Gore, remember?

    Am I speaking too fast for you???

    TROLL.....SKULL ME BIOTCH!!!!!!!

    Dickwad
    Mommy, lol
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    Now that was a real helpful post that contributed immensely to the thread...
    so was post #3.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    Good info, but old info....Mala posted that on September 15....we need to work on the Treo 750v...I have waited for Palm Updates before...dating back to the 600 and someone on this forum has ALWAYS beaten Palm to the punch when it came to fixing bugs, enhancing the phone, etc.
    why not lend a helping hand and a few bucks to help the process if you just can't wait for it?

    People, the 750v has been in consumer hands for about a week now. There are some people that are working on getting the ROM out. However, it remains to be seen if the threaded SMS will even work on the 700wx once pulled.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    so was post #3.
    "THANK" "YOU" "" "" ""
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  17. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #17  
    I love this place.
  18. emy_77's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    Good info, but old info....Mala posted that on September 15....we need to work on the Treo 750v...I have waited for Palm Updates before...dating back to the 600 and someone on this forum has ALWAYS beaten Palm to the punch when it came to fixing bugs, enhancing the phone, etc.
    This will be another 'helpful' post in this thread: This just proves that Palm Treo enthusiasts are dwindling.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by emy_77 View Post
    This will be another 'helpful' post in this thread: This just proves that Palm Treo enthusiasts are dwindling.
    Huh????
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  20. #20  
    he was making an observation. Because we're not beating palm to the punch, it must be a sign that the number of Treo enthusiasts are dwindling.

    Though I think it may not be true. I mean Palm doesn't have anything out either. Give it another week or so. Never doubt the hacking community.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions