1.    #1  
    I've had my share of bloody problems with this 700wx so far

Now, when ever I get an incoming call the phone only vibrates, it no longer rings. I've changed the ring tones, loaded new ones...nothing. When I assign the ring tone I test it out and it plays just fine. I'm at a loss

I think I saw that someone else was having the same problem but I couldn't find the thread.

I've done a soft reset and that didn't make any difference.
    This is Going to sound silly, but a few people...including myself have indeed had the same problem. It was the volume buttons on the side.
  3.    #3  
    ebedoun, it wasn't that because I checked that out right away.

I've done a restore to my last, good back up and everything is back to normal, but there is something weird going on
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Weird, I was gonna suggest the same. I uninstalled PhoneAlarm and for some reason it set my volume all the way down, setting up with the side keys fixed it.

Don't know what else to tell you...
    My alarms stopped after flipping the switch to vibrate only. Installing Phonealarm brought my alarms back. They remained even after uninistalling it.

Most recently when the alarms stopped, I went into Notifications and turned alarms off and back on. I concluded that this is what occurred when installing Phonealarm.

Flipping the vibrate switch back doesn't always turn the alarms back on but toggling Notifications does.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    I've had my share of bloody problems with this 700wx so far

Now, when ever I get an incoming call the phone only vibrates, it no longer rings. I've changed the ring tones, loaded new ones...nothing. When I assign the ring tone I test it out and it plays just fine. I'm at a loss

I think I saw that someone else was having the same problem but I couldn't find the thread.

I've done a soft reset and that didn't make any difference.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally move the switch on the top of the phone to vibrate only. It should be set to speaker if you want to here it ring.
  7.    #7  
    Had 4 different Treos now so am well aware of the slider on the top It wasn't that, but thanks.
    Try opening up Windows Media Player and raising the volume with the D-pad to 100%, then closing it. On other devices this affected my ringer, but I haven't tested it with the 700w's
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Try opening up Windows Media Player and raising the volume with the D-pad to 100%, then closing it. On other devices this affected my ringer, but I haven't tested it with the 700w's
    So I just had the same issue and this solved my problem. Weird little glitch...

This search thing really works!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Nice!! I wonder if this worked for the OP also.
    I was wondering that as well...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    see if you're phone alarm trial is over. if it is over that casues the your ringers to default to vibe