1.    #1  
    Well, I thought emoze was going to work out for me to solve my push email needs but unfortunately, it did not.

I had emoze running for about 2 weeks on my new 700wx. The program was a little temperamental but all in all, it was doing what is was supposed to do.

A few days ago, emoze just stopped working and practically took down my whole WM system. I could not connect to the internet to log into emoze or for any of my other apps, (PIE, mobiTV, etc.). I kept getting all kinds of system errors, the phone would turn itself off. After many resets (soft & hard), I finally uninstalled emoze and everything is now working fine.

I would hope they get the problem solved as it was a very good program when it worked.

I'd be interested in hearing other users experiences with this program or push email services in general for the 700wx.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I've never used emoze, I'll be sincere and say I have no idea how it works too.

I read this thread: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/updated-free...torial-t4.html and decided to give mail2web a try and has been working wonders. I got a couple of errors today, but everyone is entitled to server hiccups.

The only downside is that with the free service you need to send e-mail with the mail2web address, but it's no big deal for me.

Very happy overall. I've heard some people using 4smartphone or a service named alike...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    I've never used emoze, I'll be sincere and say I have no idea how it works too.

I read this thread: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/updated-free...torial-t4.html and decided to give mail2web a try and has been working wonders. I got a couple of errors today, but everyone is entitled to server hiccups.

The only downside is that with the free service you need to send e-mail with the mail2web address, but it's no big deal for me.

Very happy overall. I've heard some people using 4smartphone or a service named alike...
    lol, yeah I had an error for a little while today too...but it was maybe like 20 mins.

I have the 1.99/month service and with that I can do thte SMTP Proxy so I can specify my own email address for responses--is that not available for the free version?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, yeah I had an error for a little while today too...but it was maybe like 20 mins.

I have the 1.99/month service and with that I can do thte SMTP Proxy so I can specify my own email address for responses--is that not available for the free version?
    I don't think so but I haven't looked for that option. I think Wideawake posted on PPCGeeks saying that it's not available on the free version.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info Pibe38.

I've read that Microsoft recently released push email service for the 700w using Verizon's service.

I'd like to believe that the same will be true for the 700wx through Sprint shortly.

I'm going to try to contact both Microsoft and Sprint to see if I can find anything out.

I'll post here if I do.

Thanks.
    I've been testing Emoze for a few days myself. It seems to be working pretty good. My only beef is it still kills my battery in 5-6 hours using PUSH. Not to mention it kept my phone tied up for 6 hours on EVDO access today sending ALL my phone calls to voicemail. I get the same battery setting outlook to check for email every 5 min. Hopefully there is a better push out there like my Nextel BlackBrry 7100i. That SOB could go for 2-3 days without dieing getting Push Emails...
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I don't know about emoze, but having Pocket Outlook check your e-mail every 5 mins. WILL drain your battery very quickly.

I thought the 700wx is set to ring through EVDO, if not go to Menu (Right Soft Key) -> Preferences -> Phone Settings -> Services tab -> Data Settings -> Uncheck 'Do not allow voice call to interrupt my data session.

Hope this helps...
    That option was never checked and it did it .
    emoze will automatically disconnect when the screen turns off...is there anyway to have it stay connected?
  10.    #10  
    I gave up on Emoze back in October as it just caused to many problems with my 700wx.

Sorry I don't have any further info for you.
    Joe Fallico
    Commodity Futures Broker

Insignia Futures & Options, Inc.

InsigniaFutures.com

so what do you use as an email push client? i simply wanted to use my gmail account....nothing so fancy as a coporate exchange server
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I have used "hosted" exchange services with great luck with both 4SMARTPHONE.NET and 1and1.com hosting services. Both use direct push on the 700w I have and I get my email as fast as a blackberry. Previously I was using 4smartphone with the older version of push that used SMS to trigger, and that worked fine as well... as long as you have a huge TXT plan.

I use Gmail, and have it forward to my hosted exchange, and it doesn't look any different as if I was using Gmail itself. I know that Pocket Outlook has its shortcomings, but I have been using this setup on multiple devices for over a year and it works fine for me.

I am currently paying 6.99 a month through 1and1, and have no issues after 2 months of service. I did previously run into 2 outages in 12 months with 4smartphone, but nothing really bad.
  13.    #13  
    I'm probably not the typical email user on the 700wx.

I only use it for email when I'm out of the office which maybe 1 -2 hours per day.

I simply have a rule set up in Outlook on my desktop machine to forward all my emails to my Treo when I'm out of the office. When I leave the office, I turn the rule on...when I get back, I turn it off.

I have my Treo set up to check for new email message every 9 minutes .

I use the Opera web browser on my Treo and can access GMAIL through it although I very rarely use GMAIL.
    Joe Fallico
    Commodity Futures Broker

Insignia Futures & Options, Inc.

InsigniaFutures.com