1.    #1  
    I currently have a 700p. I have been dissatisfied with its web browser. I have not been able to log in to the nfl site to manage my fantasy football team. Most web sites look totally different than they do on my home browser. Many don’t even load up…such as the nfl site.

I was recently at my local sprint shop to get a phone for my daughter. I mentioned that I was unhappy with my 700p (white screens, horrible Bluetooth, and etc). I thought I would like to get a 700wx on a new plan and give my 700p to my daughter. Well the sales guy talked me into trying a ppc-6700…I can return it within 30 days. So far, I have been very impressed with web browser and Bluetooth. I don't really like its messaging.

I think that I may want to go back to the treo form within the 30 days. I like being able to navigate and type with one hand without always having to pull out a stylus. I also like all my accessories.

I was wondering if the web experience with the 700wx is similar to the 6700. Can I check my fantasy football team on nfl.com? Do web pages look like web pages. Also, is the SMS similar to the 700p where you can go into chat mode?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    totally similar...and the screen real estate I gained on the 6700 and the 8125 did not impress me over the Treo form factor.

There is no threaded SMS...yet.

Sending Picture Mail is only available with a hack...major oversight by Palm/Sprint but should be fixed in the coming update.

My $0.02

Andy
    It sounds as if the wx would be ideal for you, as the browser would be the same, and Palm said threaded sms is coming to the 700wx (its on the 750v already).

Surur
  4. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    these guys are right about the browser. It is the same. the user experience (and stability) will be much better on the treo. the bluetooth on the 6700 blows away the treo. My treo is very susceptible to interference whereas my 6700 never had a problem. Still, the overall advantage goes to treo.
    Palm 5000 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony Clie T665 + Tmoble SIdekick > Sony TG50 (+Sidekick) > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC-6700 > Treo 700wx
    I use the desktop view in PIE which formats nfl.com perfectly. There are also several 3rd party browsers available if you find PIE to be limited. I use PIEPlus which adds tabbed browsing, fullscreen w/o scrollbars and many other goodies.
  6.    #6  
    What is PIE? Do you have a link. And what device are you using.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    these guys are right about the browser. It is the same. the user experience (and stability) will be much better on the treo. the bluetooth on the 6700 blows away the treo. My treo is very susceptible to interference whereas my 6700 never had a problem. Still, the overall advantage goes to treo.

So what made you choose the treo over the 6700 joe.
  8. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ahalvor,

PIE is Pocket Internet Explorer. It is built into Windows Moble.

dadeli,

I have had the ppc-6700 since February. I thought it was a great device. Powerful, good bluetooth, wi-fi, etc. It was a pain in the tail to actually use. Esp. 1 handed. The real nail in the coffin for me was it's instability. I wouldn't get calls or emails because it was locked up. I would have to reset it multiple times a day. a lot of it was connected to improper handling of the mini SD card. I went so far as to completely remove the card. that helped a lot, but I still wouldn't call it stable. I called Sprint and belleyached. After much whining, they agreed to send me a 700wx. I have not had a single problem (except wimpy bluetooth) with the treo (and I use it more heavily with more software). I had treos before the 6700, so I am comfortable with the form-factor.

As always, YMMV, but that is my experience.
    Palm 5000 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony Clie T665 + Tmoble SIdekick > Sony TG50 (+Sidekick) > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC-6700 > Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dadeli View Post
    What is PIE? Do you have a link. And what device are you using.
    PIE is the built in browser that comes with WM5. I'm using a Treo 700wx.

The link for PIEPlus is http://www.reensoft.com/PIEPlus/
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'll be amazed if you like the 6700 as much as the Treo. The battery life on the 6700 is HORRIBLE, at best. I want from a Palm OS 650 to the 6700 and back to a Treo 700wx. It's awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmargolis View Post
    I'll be amazed if you like the 6700 as much as the Treo. The battery life on the 6700 is HORRIBLE, at best. I want from a Palm OS 650 to the 6700 and back to a Treo 700wx. It's awesome!!!
    My wife loves her 6700 and wouldn't give it up for the world but she is very jealous of the battery life I get on my wx. Guess it doesn't help that she runs in from work everyday just to put hers on the charger while there I am with plenty of life left.