1.    #1  
    I know the Treo 750v looks pretty darn nice, but I didn't know people were this crazy for it! That final bid is surely worth a decent laptop!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6726%26fvi%3D1
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    Yes, I actually bid on it until the price went through the roof!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I don't understand how people can't wait!!! I didn't look at the link, I'm scared to see how high it went. But it sounds like it went around $2K, EEEEKK!! $1K is the highest bid that should be placed if you're that desperate for a phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    621 british pounds = about $1161. The problem with waiting is how long. If I KNEW that it was coming out with Cingular at end of October then it's no big deal. But some rumors are saying Q1 and that's a long time!
    I don't know if I'd pay that much to have it now. I think an unlocked will be about $700(just guessing) and according to another thread(in Future Treos), the 750 will be around $450 at Cingular. I'd pay $450 if I knew where I can get it unlocked with no problems.

The thread also says around mid-November. It's a Cingular employee who said a memo went around. I hope he's correct!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    dang that is rediculous. those people are crazy
    I doubt anyone mortgaged their house for it. There are plenty of people in the world for whom $1k is not really a lot of money. It only takes one such person to say, "I want this phone, I want it now, and I don't care what it costs.". More power to them.

I'm not one of those people, so I'm just gonna have to wait until Congular offers the phone at a more reasonable price.
    I wouldn't pay that much for one. As I allready got mine from Vodafone free. But I guess some people really are that desperate. You could also buy one online from one of the European online stores. In NL they sell at 599,- Euros. That would be about 700 Dollar Us I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
    I wouldn't pay that much for one. As I allready got mine from Vodafone free. But I guess some people really are that desperate. You could also buy one online from one of the European online stores. In NL they sell at 599,- Euros. That would be about 700 Dollar Us I think.

Do you have any web sites where it can be ordered from?
    i bid to 370 on that item........ rediculous price in the end

Vodafone UK are giving the device away for free even with 17 basic contracts........ even on an 18mth contract that's only 306 !!!!!! which is what i did !!! and i shall sell an XDA Exec for that amount to pay for it..!!!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.rees33 View Post
    Vodafone UK are giving the device away for free even with 17 basic contracts.
    Er Nope, on the lowest tariff it's 221.77
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Er Nope, on the lowest tariff it's 221.77
    online yes, but if you go in store, they will give htem away free..........
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.rees33 View Post
    online yes, but if you go in store, they will give htem away free..........
    And why would they do that
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    And why would they do that
    i dont know, but i went into the Bath store yesterday, asked if they had them, was told yes, that on any of the tariffs the phone was free

unfortunately, i didnt ask them if they were sure they didnt want to charge me !!!!
    I went into the Milton Keynes store yesterday and they had a matrix under the phone of prices for the tarrif's and phone

Nothing was free ( maybe on like a high end tarrif ) but not for cheaper tarrrifs.

I didn't even know they did a 17p/m tarrif, I was told the cheapest one was 20p/m ?

Si
  16.    #16  
    Looks like the same Ebay seller is making a killing on another Treo 750v.
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    This is crazy, you can walk into a vodafone store and buy a brand new with warranty treo 750 for 380.00 then get an unlock code from vodafone for 20.00 but the down side is they told me it may take 2-3 weeks, so my brand new treo is in a draw till then
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    I went into the Milton Keynes store yesterday and they had a matrix under the phone of prices for the tarrif's and phone

Nothing was free ( maybe on like a high end tarrif ) but not for cheaper tarrrifs.

I didn't even know they did a 17p/m tarrif, I was told the cheapest one was 20p/m ?

Si
    my apologies....should have qualified....17 + Vat which is the 20 tariff.....

and the guy told me they were free because the store was doing well on new contracts and therefore they could afford to give them away....maybe I was lucky with the store I went into but I didn't part with any cash!!!!
    Hard to walk into a vodaphone store from the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
    This is crazy, you can walk into a vodafone store and buy a brand new with warranty treo 750 for 380.00 then get an unlock code from vodafone for 20.00 but the down side is they told me it may take 2-3 weeks, so my brand new treo is in a draw till then
    I just took out a contract with Vodafone last week for a k800i. Should've bought a 750v to sell on eBay instead. A few hundred pounds will go a long way in getting my 650 upgraded in future. Sigh.