Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i was just checking to see if anyone is using there a2dp yet. cause that is what i would be doing
    then by all means, do it!
  3.    #3  
    well i would but i dont have a 750v. just a 700w
    I am using it on my KJAM and I love it. Just picked up a pair of NextLink Spider headphones and they work great.

The only media player that are fully AVRCP compliant (ie. use the headphone controls) are Windows Media Player and Conduits PocketPlayer. I think there is another player also, but I am not familar with it (i40 or something like that).
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    PocketMusic works with AVRCP controls also. Are there Treo 750v users that have tried A2DP yet? I'm curious as to how well it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    PocketMusic works with AVRCP controls also. Are there Treo 750v users that have tried A2DP yet? I'm curious as to how well it works.
    I don't see anywhere on PocketMind's web site support for AVRCP. Can you provide a link to show where it's stated that PocketMusic supports this?

http://www.pocketmind.com/pmfp.htm
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...6#description1
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    They don't always keep the website up to date with all of the features of the software. New releases are pretty constant. See this thread. It should be evidence enough.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=962589
    They don't always keep the website up to date with all of the features of the software. New releases are pretty constant. See this thread. It should be evidence enough.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=962589
    Wow that's some thread! Not surprising that I missed it since it's in the Universal forum. I agree with your comment that it should have been posted in a more generic forum.

Ok. Well that's good to know PM works. I am registered owner of both PocketPlayer and PocketMusic. Right now I prefer PocketPlayer. Good to see though that PP will work also.

Thanks.
    I have been using the new Sony hbh-ds970 bluetooth headphones.

They are great, but I have had a few problems.

Occassionally, I won't get returned to music after taking a call. They remain connected and I can pause and play WMP on my phone but I get no sound.

The other more annoying issue is that I get an intermittent momentary drop out with the sound.

I haven't been able to find any reasons for this.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul
    It works, I've used the Motorola HS-820 headphones with the 750v and Windows Media Player. No problems, worked fine.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    It works, I've used the Motorola HS-820 headphones with the 750v and Windows Media Player. No problems, worked fine.
    Do you get skipping in the music while downloading data in IE or any other processing intensive activity?
    It was one of the selling points over the 700wx, I use a2dp via the popular Plantronics pulsar 590a bluetooth stereo headset/headphones (no stuttering whatsoever) Here's Mine. The wonderful thing about this setup is that the controls located on the headphones allow you to change songs, volume, and pause your pocket windows media player, you can keep the treo in your pocket or backpack.

I also have a Scosche Bluelife Home/car receiver that I have hooked up in my car so I can play my Treo via a2dp to my alpine deck. Pairs up great, with only little stutter here and there.

I wish my 700wx could do this too...maybe soon.

-Oly
    Last edited by olywogle; 11/08/2006 at 09:13 AM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    It was one of the selling points over the 700wx, I use a2dp via the popular Plantronics pulsar 590a bluetooth stereo headset/headphones (no stuttering whatsoever) Here's Mine. The wonderful thing about this setup is that the controls located on the headphones allow you to change songs, volume, and pause your pocket windows media player, you can keep the treo in your pocket or backpack.

I also have a Scosche Bluelife Home/car receiver that I have hooked up in my car so I can play my Treo via a2dp to my alpine deck. Pairs up great, with only little stutter here and there.

I wish my 700wx could do this too...maybe soon.

-Oly
    How do you like the Scosche receiver? Does it automatically connect when you turn on your bluetooth on the treo or do you have to pair each time?

I just installed switchable rca input jacks to my factory car stereo and that receiver would be perfect for my setup. I also have a 700wx and use an a2dp dongle. I really need to get hacking to get a2dp to work on the 700wx...
    To be honest I haven't done a lot of testing since when I letting it play, it's usually just sitting there. Just in switching to other apps and loading a few webpages I could the apps respond slower but I didn't hear any skipping in the music. I wouldn't doubt though that you could make it do it if you tried hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Do you get skipping in the music while downloading data in IE or any other processing intensive activity?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have a pair of the Sony Ericsson BT headphones, they work good, I just wish that it showed the name of the song that I was listening too, like it does when I am using my P990. I found out that you really can't do a lot more or else it woule skip a lot. It does work great a lot of base, and good and clean sound.
    How do you like the Scosche receiver? Does it automatically connect when you turn on your bluetooth on the treo or do you have to pair each time?

I just installed switchable rca input jacks to my factory car stereo and that receiver would be perfect for my setup. I also have a 700wx and use an a2dp dongle. I really need to get hacking to get a2dp to work on the 700wx...
    Hi Hannip,

Well, I would not recommend the Scosche receiver just yet. I used it on my 6700 when the xda community patched/hacked it for a2dp and it was more like the 6700 was stuttering a bit at the beginning of every song. It had something to do with media player since it seemed to run fine on other pocket players. So now on to the 750v, much better...songs play great from beginning to end using media player. But I have run into some problems running the 750v a2dp with the receiver after every 2 to 3 songs. The receiver will just go static and I have to reconnect it with the treo to make it work again. The static scares the crap out of me when I have it running loud on my alpine with a JL Audio system. I'll have to do some more testing.

Ya it would be great if you and the crew could figure out how to get the a2dp on the wx..would be an awesome feature to add to my wx.

The receiver requires that you re-pair it with treo in order to get it going after you have turned the devices off. I have to go to bluetooth settings and "set as Wireless Stereo" and walla..it just works. I wish it was automatic.

Now with my Plantronics P590 bluetooth headphones, there is a button on the cans that you just hit to connect via a2dp and it tells the treo to automatically re-pair for you. The Plantronics is an awesome addition to my 750v, rock solid, great quality sound, and never stutters.

I'll be tinkering with the Scosche some more... a2dp is fun stuff!
    -Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Does Treo 750v really supported by Sony HBH-DS970 since it is Bluetooth 2.0 and 750v is a only bluetooth 1.2 ?

Can someone verify ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    I have been using the new Sony hbh-ds970 bluetooth headphones.

They are great, but I have had a few problems.

Occassionally, I won't get returned to music after taking a call. They remain connected and I can pause and play WMP on my phone but I get no sound.

The other more annoying issue is that I get an intermittent momentary drop out with the sound.

I haven't been able to find any reasons for this.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul
    Yes it does, I have those headphones, and they work pretty well, minus, the skipping every so often.
    750V + HT820'S = No problems here. Also works great on my TyTn.

I had to adjust the registry to support a higher bitpool and enable stereo sound, here's the reg hacks I made:

/HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings
    UseJointStereo=0
    BitPool=58
    MaxSupportedBitPool=80
    After hearing so many saying 750v really support A2DP since it was officially stated.

Today I bought a iTech Clip readio bluetooth

It works straight perfectly aftering pairing without any problem. No skipping of music or whatsoever mentioned here.

Thanks for those who have reassured me that 750v does support A2DP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast