Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I recently swapped the phone numbers on two of the lines on my account. One of which was on my Treo 700wx. I worked w/ Sprint customer service to swap the line by going through the same process as when I originally activated.

Everything is fine except for one item. After I receive a voicemail, if I call my voicemail via the "New Voicemail" notification, it calls the phones old number and not the new number...

How can I fix this
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ##786# or hard reset...

typical windows OS..too many registry keys to keep track of. This is a pain in the *** for us, as we do a few ESN swaps a week.

Andy
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    What do I do at ##786# ? I assume "Reset RTN" since that's really the only option. What exactly does "Reset RTN" do?

Also, how do I perform a hard reset? That would clear all data on the phone (reset to factory defaults), correct?

Is there not a "more graceful" way to do this? I did do a search for the phone number (last 4 digits) in the registry (via PHM RegEdit). It did find one value, but the key was "Palm First Dialed Call", which I assume was the first number I dailed with the phone (although why in the world WM5 stores this I don't know).
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Fixed my own problem. Here is the solution for any others having this problem:

First, get yourself a registry editor like PHM RegEdit. Once you have installed the registry editor, browse to the following registry location:

\HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail

Then, change the value for the REG_SZ parameter "VMailNumber" to your current phone number. This should be the only parameter present in this registry key (on the 700wx anyways). No reset was required after making this change on my 700wx.

This same method may also solve the problem some Verizon folks were having with their VM number being set to something like (000) 000-0000 out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome View Post
    Fixed my own problem. Here is the solution for any others having this problem:

First, get yourself a registry editor like PHM RegEdit. Once you have installed the registry editor, browse to the following registry location:

\HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail

Then, change the value for the REG_SZ parameter "VMailNumber" to your current phone number. This should be the only parameter present in this registry key (on the 700wx anyways). No reset was required after making this change on my 700wx.

This same method may also solve the problem some Verizon folks were having with their VM number being set to something like (000) 000-0000 out of the box.

Wish this worked for me. Have the same exact issue. The reg edit didnt solve my problem
    Try dialing ##081601,

This will bring you to the "Phone Activation Screen" - make sure your phone number is correct - however leave the MSID how it is, even if it doesn't match your phone number.

Hit 'Save' - this will reset the phone and presto - it should work.
    Definitely try to re-program the phone. If it has an old phone number in there, it might still have an old vision login, etc. as well. Sprint is well known for this, my friend bought an old phone from me once, went online and bought ringtones, and they were on MY bill. Pretty funny actually, but it wouldn't have been if it was more than just a few ringtones!
    its going to take the rtn reset and the reg edit to totally fix the issue if you restore your programs from a backup I.e. sprit etc.
    Last edited by gobigblue; 11/01/2006 at 04:03 PM.