Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    So I've already started to enjoy the Treo before it arrives. Well, enjoying the thought of listening to streaming XM over it.

    Does anyone here also do this and have had good experience? Which app do you use to do it? Is one app better than most?

    I did a search that turned a couple results, but nothing addressing what app or whatever seems to be best.

    Thanks
    Last edited by tre0rox; 10/07/2006 at 05:03 PM.
  2. crash383's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #2  
    www.musicdock.com.

    You must be an XM subscriber and have an online ID set up already. Just simply log in and build up your favorite channels.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crash383 View Post
    www.musicdock.com.

    You must be an XM subscriber and have an online ID set up already. Just simply log in and build up your favorite channels.
    wow...i thought mini xm disappeared! thanks for the link!
  4. #4  
    Sweet works nice on my Treo with some stero headphones
  5. #5  
    I had no clue what xm was so I googled it and its 12 bucks a month? So for 150 bucks a year you listen to the radio on the phone? Is there an advantage to this service versus a free media player streaming regular free internet radio such as TCPMP and shoutcast?
  6. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    I had no clue what xm was so I googled it and its 12 bucks a month? So for 150 bucks a year you listen to the radio on the phone? Is there an advantage to this service versus a free media player streaming regular free internet radio such as TCPMP and shoutcast?
    I don't think anybody would pay for XM just to listen thru their phone. I have XM in my truck and that subscription allows me to stream XM thru my computer. WIth the Treo I can also stream it thru it which is a bonus but I don't do it very often.

    Greg
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    I had no clue what xm was so I googled it and its 12 bucks a month? So for 150 bucks a year you listen to the radio on the phone? Is there an advantage to this service versus a free media player streaming regular free internet radio such as TCPMP and shoutcast?
    Listening to XM radion on a Treo is purely a secondary feature.

    Satelite radio is meant for automobiles and home radio set ups mostly.
  8. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    I had no clue what xm was so I googled it and its 12 bucks a month? So for 150 bucks a year you listen to the radio on the phone? Is there an advantage to this service versus a free media player streaming regular free internet radio such as TCPMP and shoutcast?
    It's $7 a month I think for an online only account. Don't knock it until you try it. You'll hate commercials once you get a taste.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    It's $7 a month I think for an online only account. Don't knock it until you try it. You'll hate commercials once you get a taste.
    I hear that, it's extremely addicting and imo totally worth it. I don't have any hardware XM device, only an online XM account.
  10. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #10  
    I love it in my truck. I haven't even put a CD in the changer and I've owned the truck a year. No need to with XM. I also stream it when I'm at work.

    When we got my wife's Pilot, we didn't sign up for it after the trial. They kept sending us info and the price kept coming down. We finally got it for her when it got to $7/month.

    Greg
  11. #11  
    I mostly use it on the phone while I am on camping trips.
  12.    #12  
    Same here. I tried it and got hooked. Plus with their subscriptions, you can cancel at anytime and get your remainder of your money back.
  13. #13  
    So the benefit is that you can listen in the car, at home and there are no commercials.

    I'm not knocking it. I am always looking for the bigger better on my Treo

    I stream TCPMP with links threw shoutcast, treobits and any that I run into while browsing the net on the desktop. I stream the same links threw winap (free on the desktop) which is plugged into the home tuner and plays threw my indoor outdoor home speaker system. I haven't yet bought a treo transmitter for the car stereo because my treo headphones sound better than the car speakers. Most stations have no dj talk and no commercials. Some stations have 10 seconds of dj talk every 2 hours, that's noting. I don't remember ever hearing commercial.

    I hope no one thinks I'm being rude, I just want to know if I should burn time checking it out. So far the only difference I can see is that xm and similar services cost money.
  14. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    So the benefit is that you can listen in the car, at home and there are no commercials.

    I'm not knocking it. I am always looking for the bigger better on my Treo

    I stream TCPMP with links threw shoutcast, treobits and any that I run into while browsing the net on the desktop. I stream the same links threw winap (free on the desktop) which is plugged into the home tuner and plays threw my indoor outdoor home speaker system. I haven't yet bought a treo transmitter for the car stereo because my treo headphones sound better than the car speakers. Most stations have no dj talk and no commercials. Some stations have 10 seconds of dj talk every 2 hours, that's noting. I don't remember ever hearing commercial.

    I hope no one thinks I'm being rude, I just want to know if I should burn time checking it out. So far the only difference I can see is that xm and similar services cost money.

    As much as I love XM the sad part is that I listen to O&A 90% of the time I am listening Sad from the standpoint that I pay that much to listen to mostly only two (or three with 'lil Jimmy) and I have all that other content available!
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro

Posting Permissions