1.    #1  
    I did a search, but I didn't get a final answer to what I am looking for. Is there an issue with the WX's battery? I charge it every night, and unplug around 6am. I do make a lot of calls and take a lot of calls during the day...maybe 15 or so, and do quite a bit of texting and e-mailing. My battery is ALWAYS dead by about 8pm! Sometimes earlier.

Is this an issue with the battery, or is this normal? Any fixes I should be looking into, or settings I can change to fix this?

Thanks.

-Kyle
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    I did a search, but I didn't get a final answer to what I am looking for. Is there an issue with the WX's battery? I charge it every night, and unplug around 6am. I do make a lot of calls and take a lot of calls during the day...maybe 15 or so, and do quite a bit of texting and e-mailing. My battery is ALWAYS dead by about 8pm! Sometimes earlier.

Is this an issue with the battery, or is this normal? Any fixes I should be looking into, or settings I can change to fix this?

Thanks.

-Kyle
    Kyle,

As always, your mileage may vary...

I have found the battery life to be better than what you are getting. Perhaps you spend more time in weak signal areas, which will always cause more of a battery drain. You may want to change the hours that "push" e-mail comes to your device as well, as that could lead to some battery drain.

Do you have any way of charging the 700wx a little bit during the day? Even just 15 minutes on a vehicle charger will make a big difference.

When I was using a PPC 6700, I cold not get through 4 hours without needing a little boost, but the 700wx for me has been fantastic.

The other thing you may want to get, is a Seidio extended battery. It's the same size and fits in the same space, but gives you longer life. A pretty inexpensive solution.

Bob
    Last edited by bmargolis; 10/07/2006 at 02:50 PM. Reason: forgot one thing...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Last night I put a fully charged Treo on my nightstand and woke up with the battery down to 20%! That's never happened before and I'm trying to figure out what causes that. I have yahoo email synch (every 30 min) but it hasn't caused a battery drain like this in the past. I did have biz con connected all night, which I don't usually have at night. Could that have been the culprit?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Forgot the other question I wanted to ask. Is there a program that could control the synch of both yahoo and Business Connection on a more detailed level, e.g. push during the day but not at all overnight, etc.
    Check out XCPUScalar. It will automatically change processor speed to either increase power or extend battery life. You can also change the speed manually.

Andy