1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700wx with Sprint. I'm looking for sources of ringtones and I found that most of the ringtones on the phone are midifiles. I'm looking for decent quality midi I'm also trying to figure out what format is most economical for space and quality and I can also use on the phone? Also what directory are the ringtones stored in? I would like to put the tones I select directly in there. Any ideas or pointers would be great. I did notice that I can use MP3's however to put a whole song on would be like 4mb and that would kill the spare space.
    The ringtonjes go into the \Windows\Rings folder

WMA's will also work, but the best thing to do is to use mp3 clipping software to get the first minute or so, and to reduce the bitrate to 64kb/sec, and the audio to mono. That should cut it down to about 250 kb size.

Surur
    Surur,
    I am also haveing the same problem. The rings I am importing are taking too much space and I have to convert the files to smaller and mono. How do I do that? What program do you use? Can you direct the treo to search for ringtones directly from your SD?
    on the mac, you can just use quicktime (pro?) to crop your mp3's and export them. just select the part you want then copy and paste into a new file. hit export and choose your settings.

also, I just tried putting rings on the sd card at /Windows/Rings/ to no avail... so that doesn't work apparently.
    use "audacity" to edit and cut a certain segment in a song, then use "ringo" to play any music files. like surur said, change some setting to save memory. change it to a .wav file and make it 8.000 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono - 15kb/sec. that should make the whole file less than 300 kb.
    exactly what i do. Well BEFORE i had ringo, i used Audiacity to crop MP3 to 30 sec (stander ring length for sprint) and then export to wav file. Then it shows up as an alarm sound, or ringer. But now that i have RINGO i just crop the MP3 to 30 sec and use that.
    I use Sony SoundForge. That's for the big boys, ;-)

Seriously then I can convert all to mono, amp up everything just before it "peaks", convert to .wav, .mp3 or .wma, re-cut and re-sample anything, etc.

Lots of fun for mixing. My ringers crank extremely loud now...but they are all consistent.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I have tried to use a mp3 I sent to the 750 as ringtone. I could not save the mp3's. Do I need a sd card to do that like with the treo 600?. I can not sync my treo 750 yet as I still have to update my mac and get the new missing sync version.

thx

Roberttreo
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I use Sony SoundForge. That's for the big boys, ;-)

Seriously then I can convert all to mono, amp up everything just before it "peaks", convert to .wav, .mp3 or .wma, re-cut and re-sample anything, etc.

Lots of fun for mixing. My ringers crank extremely loud now...but they are all consistent.

Care to share a few examples?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR