Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was checking some pictures on my Treo and all of the sudden it just froze up and resetted by itself. The only thing I see now is the "TREO" logo on the screen. I have unplugged and plugged the battery back in, I have done several soft and hard resets and nothing. It still shows the TREO logo on the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciate it if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

Thanks.
    just do the hard reset and wait. sometime it takes a while. 2-4 minutes maybe.
    laughing
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    laughing
    ???????
    Try pulling out and reinserting the battery.
    there are other alternatives....have you not read some other's posts? slowly but surely the ship is being abandoned

today, treo's aren't all that great, comparatively.
    Is it possible to get an exchange? If a hard reset and battery removal don't work, I suspect it might be done for.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If Sprint is anything like Verizon it is really easy to get a replacement. You just call them and tell them you have a problem. They'll have you try a few things then make you do a hard reset. You tell them it isn't fixed and they send you a replacement.
    hannip, you must have puchased insurance to get free replacements, correct?
    I did have insurance, but I thought they were replacing them even if you didn't have it.
    Nah, you confused any cell phone provider with nice people.
    well then I'm glad I got the insurance cuz I've had to replace my 700w 3 times.
    "replaced my 700w 3 times"

that is a tremendous device.....
    hannip, where those replaced because of major problems, or just minor things?

i see you live in northern virginia. I do as well, in Sterling. nice to see someone from my neck o' the woods.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    i had a few "Die" on me....i had to hard reset and wait about 20 minutes at the Treo screen. 3 out of 30 so far had this issue.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by tre0rox View Post
    hannip, where those replaced because of major problems, or just minor things?

i see you live in northern virginia. I do as well, in Sterling. nice to see someone from my neck o' the woods.
    One was hardware related (forever in flight mode), one was software related (active sync never completes), and one ended up being the battery. The last one was really my fault. I was testing non-standard cpu, memory and bus speeds on the device and blew the charge level meter on the battery.

I bought the 700wx a month ago and so far so good. The major bugs have been worked out and I never have to worry about memory anymore.

Although it seems Sprint has issues. SMS is not reliable and customer support seems worse than Verizon. I hope the SMS problems are just a one time thing.
    They will replace them as many times as required as long as you are within the warranty period (typically one year) regardless of whether or not you have insurance. That is my understanding.

Even if you don't have insurance you can usually sweet talk the reps into doing an "out of warranty replacement" for $50. This will not work for a LOST device, though, which is why I get the insurance.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    That's good to hear. I was quoted $5.99 per month for the insurance plus a $50 deductible. If you use it after 18 months of use, then you've paid $157.82 to get the same device back. I figured it's probably worth skipping the insurance and if it breaks, use the cash to buy a newer model.
    My buddy at work got the 700w and became the biggest Treo cheerleader you ever want to see. That was about 3 months ago. Friday he came by and asked how I like my Blackberry 8100. Turns out he's had 3 replacements for various things and is about to get his 4th, this time for the speaker volume too low to hear in anything but a silent room. He's been relying completely on email and text messages as the phone is unusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    That's good to hear. I was quoted $5.99 per month for the insurance plus a $50 deductible. If you use it after 18 months of use, then you've paid $157.82 to get the same device back. I figured it's probably worth skipping the insurance and if it breaks, use the cash to buy a newer model.
    Well, at $600 or so for a new Treo w/o any promotions I think the insurance is a good idea
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast